Sign in to follow this  

Hi Folks

Just received my copy of Paul "triple play" but there were only 2 discs in the case.

the Blu-ray and the digital copy discs. now I probably would not watch the DVD anyway,

but I believe if they advertise triple play they should send the 3 discs.

I have sent a please explain email, so hoping for a positive reply.

Regards

Hi Folks

Just received my copy of Paul "triple play" but there were only 2 discs in the case.

the Blu-ray and the digital copy discs. now I probably would not watch the DVD anyway,

but I believe if they advertise triple play they should send the 3 discs.

I have sent a please explain email, so hoping for a positive reply.

Regards

I thought it was digital copy one side and DVD the other?

I thought it was digital copy one side and DVD the other?

Hi bbar

Decided to place the extra disc in my PC and found that the DVD (Audio_TS and Video_TS folders)

are on it along with digital copy files.

All have been place on the same side of the disc, just in different folders.

I guess Amazon UK will put me straight.

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

got my PIRATES TRILOGY in the mail this evening..

WHAT A RIP OFF !!!

NO BONUS FEATURES !!!!

MOVIES ONLY - BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Amazon's UK site does say only 3 discs, so they would have to drop something from the 7 disc US release.

The previous Trilogy that they no longer stock themselves does say 6 discs.

I think it is deceptive not to make it clearer on the product itself that it is a bare-bones version.

Well, Amazon's UK site does say only 3 discs, so they would have to drop something from the 7 disc US release.

The previous Trilogy that they no longer stock themselves does say 6 discs.

I think it is deceptive not to make it clearer on the product itself that it is a bare-bones version.

have you ever relied on the Amazon specs for anything ??? oh well..... just have to keep the DVDs for the extras.

anyway... I'm DONE !! The curse of the cheap Amazon UK stuff - I've had TOO MUCH drop onto my doorstop over the past few weeks :) The Pacific, The Exorcist, Prince of Persia arrived today... that's my last order for a while... too much to watch... too little time :)

needing some help - where is the blu-ray anonymous club again ?

Edited by tonyjg

Hi bbar

Decided to place the extra disc in my PC and found that the DVD (Audio_TS and Video_TS folders)

are on it along with digital copy files.

All have been place on the same side of the disc, just in different folders.

I guess Amazon UK will put me straight.

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

No worries

Just placed an order with Amazon for 4 titles, all currently in stock, but not expected to be shipped until 4 July.

Upon asking why the delay in shipping in-stock titles, this is Amazon's reply, which doesn't actually respond to the question but is interesting nonetheless:

In order to your query, I had gone through your order #202............. and found that the item "Scent of a Woman [blu-ray][Region Free]" is dispatched an sold by Amazon's Preferred Merchant, Indigostarfish.com.

In this case, As you are an International customer, I can say that the Amazon's Preferred Merchant, Indigostarfish.com, do not sell or deliver the goods to International customers.

Amazon's Preferred Merchant, Indigostarfish.com, is a Jersey-based merchant offering to supply goods to UK customers exclusive of VAT, via the Amazon.co.uk website. Items will be supplied by way of personal import and ownership of the Goods will transfer to you on dispatch of the Goods from Jersey. Orders placed with Indigostarfish.com are subject to the Indigostarfish.com Terms & Conditions.

If you order an item that is messaged as "Items for dispatch to UK will be sold by Amazon's Preferred Merchant." for delivery to an address within the UK you are placing your order with Indigostarfish.com and your item will be shipped from Jersey. Indigostarfish.com orders can only be delivered to UK addresses (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and all BFPO addresses).

If you order an item that is messaged as "Items for dispatch to UK will be sold by Amazon's Preferred Merchant." for dispatch to anywhere other than the UK, you are placing your order with Amazon.co.uk. If the item is not in stock at the time of purchase with Amazon.co.uk it will be dispatched as soon as it comes into stock. This will be subject to Amazon.co.uk's terms and conditions, and the appropriate VAT charges for the destination country will be added to the cost of the order.

I suppose what they mean is that Indigostarfish deliver items to Amazon and they in turn deliver to the customer, so there is an extra turnaround delay.

I appreciate the information though, as Amazon have merely stated in the past that Indigostarfish do not supply to international customers, yet we still managed to get the goods.

I don't want to tell Amazon that I still get VAT taken off the Indigostarfish prices: Ssshhhhh!

have you ever relied on the Amazon specs for anything ???

No, which is why I would have queried them about the number of discs I would be receiving before placing the order.

Now is the time to place all those orders in Amazon UK

The Aussie dollar surged to 66.59 pence this morning.

That's the highest exchange rate between Australia and the UK in 26 years.

your movies will be cheaper than ever.

question on Amazon preorders...payment is made when the item is shipped? or when you preorder ?

Just going to preorder Star Wars, but want to pay now to take advantage of the good exchange rate. Does Amazon allow this ?

question on Amazon preorders...payment is made when the item is shipped? or when you preorder ?

Just going to preorder Star Wars, but want to pay now to take advantage of the good exchange rate. Does Amazon allow this ?

ok so I found out that preorders are only paid for when the item is shipped. Can you preorders be paid for by a Gift Certificate ? Just trying to take advantage of todays good exchange rate with the Sterling. ie: could I just purchase a gift certificate say for 60 pounds today and use that as the payment for a preorder ?

sorry, just not super familar with ordering from amazon...any help would be appreciated.

Edited by tsteele

ok so I found out that preorders are only paid for when the item is shipped. Can you preorders be paid for by a Gift Certificate ? Just trying to take advantage of todays good exchange rate with the Sterling. ie: could I just purchase a gift certificate say for 60 pounds today and use that as the payment for a preorder ?

sorry, just not super familar with ordering from amazon...any help would be appreciated.

When placing an order, you can elect to pay from an existing gift card balance or from a nominated Credit Card. Payment is only debited when the order ships.

Therefore, you can purchase a gift card at todays exchange rate, apply it to your account, then place an order and choose to pay from the gift card account: the order will effectively be paid at the gift card exchange rate when the order ships.

It's a bit of a gamble as the exchange rate could go even lower by the time an order ships and so it would have been cheaper to pay by Credit Card, but if the exhange rate increases, then with a gift card it's a win.

Note that using a gift card to pay for orders prevents orders from being combined and if the item is damaged on receipt and needs to be replaced, it can only be refunded.

the order will effectively be paid at the gift card exchange rate when the order ships.

that is the exchange rate when the gift card was purchased (aka today) vs when the order ships, say for a preorder in 3 months time. I'm just looking at the exchange rate between GBP & AUD, and it's basically at it's highest it's ever been, around 0.66 pounds per $1 AUD. But agreed, who knows where the dollar will be in 3 months time, it could be higher or lower. If I think it will be lower, then using a gift card today is best, or if the rate went higher, then cc would be better. Have I got that right ?