Sign in to follow this  

Another update :P

Got an email from Amazon saying that my remaining 6 DVDs/BRs are going to be posted earlier then expected, but have not been dispatched yet.

Another update :P

Got an email from Amazon saying that my remaining 6 DVDs/BRs are going to be posted earlier then expected, but have not been dispatched yet.

they must need the money as had one to ship with LOTR EE end of June and it shipped today.

Looks like they wanted in this months sales revenue!

^ Must do, as the remaining 6 items were posted today :D I'm glad I bought them when I did, as 3 items have doubled price since I bought them and one has been pulled from selling due to no stock.

Amazon UK did not push me towards paid delivery. The free delivery option remained selected till checkout once I clicked on it.

The first order I put in I had change it to the free delivery option, but in two subsequent orders it has automatically come up with free delivery.

Update;

Amazon UK are getting conservative with their delivery estimates, I currently have 4 orders in place;

#1 Delivery Estimate: 26 April 2011 - 4 May 2011

Delivered; 21 April 2011 (ie; 5 days early)

#2 Delivery Estimate: 2 May 2011

Delivered 2nd May 2011 (ie; on time)

#3 Delivery Estimate: 12 May 2011

Delivered; 27 April 2011 (ie; 15 days early)

#4 Delivery Estimate: 17 May 2011

Delivered 2nd May 2011 (ie; 15 days early)

Cheers

Gary

they must need the money as had one to ship with LOTR EE end of June and it shipped today.

Looks like they wanted in this months sales revenue!

Similar situation for me, though the mail times are still slow. Around 2 weeks for my recent purchases.

Similar situation for me, though the mail times are still slow. Around 2 weeks for my recent purchases.

I'm not too concerned about the mail times as long as we get to save a serious amount of money.

yeah, a bit slower than usual.

Mine was 2 weeks exactly, but that's including all the Easter Anzac holidays (although I do not know if that would have affected things much). For free postage, I'm happy!

Now to find time to watch Tron & Tron Legacy in one hit...

Another damn update:

Got my first set today! :D Now for the other lot (there was only 2). 2/8 DVDs received.

Over the last year-or-so all of my orders from Amazon UK have arrived in reasonably good time and in good condition, but I was disappointed with the copy of Picnic At Hanging Rock (Blu-ray) that I received today. For a start, it was unsealed, and that's the first time that's happened in any of my orders. There was a big cut down the front cover, too, as if someone had dragged a blade down it, and it was well-scuffed, almost as if it was second-hand. The disc inside appears OK, although I haven't had a chance to check it yet.

Is that the sort of thing I could complain about, or is it just one of those things to put up with? As I say, I've never had any problems with them before.

Over the last year-or-so all of my orders from Amazon UK have arrived in reasonably good time and in good condition, but I was disappointed with the copy of Picnic At Hanging Rock (Blu-ray) that I received today. For a start, it was unsealed, and that's the first time that's happened in any of my orders. There was a big cut down the front cover, too, as if someone had dragged a blade down it, and it was well-scuffed, almost as if it was second-hand. The disc inside appears OK, although I haven't had a chance to check it yet.

Is that the sort of thing I could complain about, or is it just one of those things to put up with? As I say, I've never had any problems with them before.

complain as they will replace cover or whole disc.

Appears could have been Oz customs; but Amazon will take care of you regardless!