Sign in to follow this  

My order dispatched 27th November with est delivery of 12th December yet to arrive. Advised to wait until 29th December now before re-claiming as lost. I guess mum doesn't need any presents until New Years... :angry2:

My order must be on the same boat as yours (dates match) and Amazon have already shipped a replacement at my request. They wouldn't update to courier though so no chance for it to arrive to be the present intended.

My first ever Amazon order to (seemingly) not arrive... :(

2 orders: 1 dispatched 3 Dec other one on the 4 Dec - both arrived 19/12/11

2 orders: 1 dispatched 3 Dec other one on the 4 Dec - both arrived 19/12/11

Still no HP for me... Shipped December 1. :(

My order dispatched 27th November with est delivery of 12th December yet to arrive. Advised to wait until 29th December now before re-claiming as lost. I guess mum doesn't need any presents until New Years... :angry2:

Mine dispatched 28th with estimate of 16th Dec, and have been told to wait until 4th January before I can claim as lost!

So much for the kids stockings being full!

Oh well at least they are at an age where they will accept IOUs from Santa B)

second Harry boxset shipped 10-12 and got here monday or tuesday

super fast, Thankyou Amazon UK :D

yep same here, fortunately isn't a present so no hurry but this is the longest wait I've ever had from Amazon UK..........

Interestingly I had a friend from the UK stay with me last night. The card that she sent from England arrived the same day, and it was sent three weeks ago! So clearly there is a problem with both mail and parcels from the UK.

My Lost box set dispatched 10/12 arrived today 23/12, a real surprise considering if was sent by Deutsche Post.

In November my orders were arriving in under 2weeks.

My HP Boxset was shipped on the 29 Nov but only just arrived on the 22 Dec.

Thought it was just that time of year but when I checked, HP was sent via Deutsche Post DHL and the others were via Royal Mail.

I was just happy it arrived in time to be given as a present.

My star wars collection ordered Dec 5 didn't make it.

Merry Christmas to me...

Sniff

Merry Christmas to me...

Sob, sob

Now I have nothing....

Waaa

Under the tree.

Well, nothing I chose for myself. :o

Yeah still no HP here and Amazon due date was 19th Dec so will fire of an email and also let them know my thoughts on their use of Deutsche post........

I ordered quite a few titles (all in stock) on the 18th Dec and Amazon split it up into three shipments, they all shipped on the same day. Two via royal and 1 via Deutsche Post. The Deutsche Post arrived to my surprise on the 28th, but I'm still waiting for the two via Royal Mail.

I also have two titles shipped with Royal on the 10th Dec, estimated arrival date the 23rd but they are still yet to arrive. With all previous orders shipped with Royal, I have always received them before the estimated delivery date.

I finally gave up waiting for my HP box set (due Dec 16). At least Amazon UK have great customer service; new one on its way.

Just received an order that shipped Dec 31st on Royal Mail - best result thus far.

ETD was Jan 13th

Strange thing is I ordered 7 titles and all were in stock, 1 title (received) shipped Dec 31st, remainder shipped Jan 3rd also on Royal Mail so will be interesting to see when the 2nd shipment arrives.

When the postal system receives excess demand beyond capacity, I think they operate a lazy FILO (First In Last Out) approach. This would explain why parcels posted later arrive earlier as the earlier postings are still waiting in the bin during high demand: it wouldn't be until capacity exceeds demand again that those in the bin get processed.

I'm still waiting on a couple of orders dispatched 17 and 22 December, although the earlier one isn't due until today.

Update: The later despatch arrived today (not due till 6 Jan via Royal Mail) but the earlier despatch (due today via Deutsche Post) hasn't turned up.

Edited by IanD

My recent experience has been good.

Ordered 3 titles on 23/12/11.

All dispatched via Royal Mail

Delivery ranged from 30/12/11 to the last one on 4/1/12

No complaints (but I still don't understand why they do 3 separate shipments).

Just received an order that shipped Dec 31st on Royal Mail - best result thus far.

ETD was Jan 13th

Strange thing is I ordered 7 titles and all were in stock, 1 title (received) shipped Dec 31st, remainder shipped Jan 3rd also on Royal Mail so will be interesting to see when the 2nd shipment arrives.

Delivery completed in full today

So, I wonder if the free shipping to Australia and NZ will be extended again tomorrow :question::clover::ermm:

JSmith :ninja:

They've had the free super saver shipping thing going for ages, I can't see why they wouldn't keep it going.

Comes in very handy, especially when buying books. :D

They've had the free super saver shipping thing going for ages, I can't see why they wouldn't keep it going.

Comes in very handy, especially when buying books. :D

I hope so, yes it is very handy.

It has gone past midnight in the UK, the website still says expires on the 15th yet free shipping still seems to apply to orders. Just to be safe I put an order through last night... ;)

It has gone past midnight in the UK, the website still says expires on the 15th yet free shipping still seems to apply to orders. Just to be safe I put an order through last night... ;)

Given how bad the UK economy is - and how good it is that we Aussies are supporting Amazon UK - I can't forsee them getting rid of this just yet. Still - there are a few CDs I'm after - might put in an order when I get home tonight.

Odd, Amazon UK's site still says the offer expires on the 15/1/2012 yet the free shipping banners come up still when you have an Aussie IP... seems like it may well be extended again. :)

Edited by jsmith

Odd, Amazon UK's site still says the offer expires on the 15/1/2012 yet the free shipping banners come up still when you have an Aussie IP... seems like it may well be extended again. :)

It would seem so...terms and conditions say the offer has expired, but the free super saver option is there for you to click at checkout :yes:

I've just taken advantage and ordered a few more Blu's...unfortunately dispatched by Douche Post :no: but I'm hopeful now the Christmas rush is over they won't take quite so long. Seems to me if you've got a boxed set or two they use Deutsche Post, and Royal Mail for the smaller stuff.

D.

Edited by hidefdave

It would seem so...terms and conditions say the offer has expired, but the free super saver option is there for you to click at checkout :yes:

I've just taken advantage and ordered a few more Blu's...unfortunately dispatched by Douche Post :no: but I'm hopeful now the Christmas rush is over they won't take quite so long. Seems to me if you've got a boxed set or two they use Deutsche Post, and Royal Mail for the smaller stuff.

D.

Nah, i ordered 2 single BD's the last week 1 was sent Deutsche and the other one royal the next day,(thought that was very odd as both were in stock)the royal arrived yesterday

latest order

Dispatched 12/01/12 Via Royal Mail

ETA 24/01/12

Arrived 17/01/12

5 Day including a weekend cant fault that.

but the one sent the day befor has yet to be seen...

A-UK aren't in my good books at the moment either. 2 packages took over 4 weeks to arrive and my most recent order from the 14th Jan is scheduled to dispatch on the 24/01 despite all items being 'In Stock'...

The reason? 'Two of the items are being sent from our warehouse in Jersey to a depot in the UK where the other two items are so all can be shipped together. This is why there is a delay in the dispatch of the entire order.'

Not usual practise on the part on Amazon to do this, hope it's not a sign of things to come...