I am so impressed with the way that amazon.co.uk have handled the replacement of the defective audio Star Trek The Next Generation Season 1 set.

We (the buyers), received emails reasonably quickly as to the replacement status, and overnight, I received 2 emails. The first stating that a full replacement item would be sent at no cost - and the 2nd, the dispatch confirmation of not only STNGS1, but of the other disc that was on my original order.

Nice work amazon, and one of the many reasons that I continue to shop with them worldwide :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one of the reasons I've cut back my purchase from Amazon UK, althought they get replaced but the hassles of emailing them, and wait for replacements ain't worth saving a few bucks! I buy more locals these days...

PKK, on 29 June 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

...Found most disc cases are pressed and crack. Their new packaging really provide zero protection unlike the good old days with big box and air bags.....

I had no problem with the last box set order shipped via deutsche post DHL. Arrived in one piece and perfect condition.

On the other had the second half of the order a single DVD Case containing two dvd came a week later via Royal Mail in the thin cardbord A1 sleeve. Although sealed, the dvd case was damaged, warped and dented at the bottom end. Definately the packaging offered no protection at all for the case. Luckily The cover and discs were undamaged and I was able to transfer them to a spare double dvd case I had. Definitely not worth the hassle of sending the item back for a replacement for the price I paid.

Although I did leave a one star poor packaging protection rating feedback complaining about the issue.

Edited by g12345567

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if Amazon UK have stopped removing VAT from orders? I looked to add an order tonight and noticed that the titles no longer removed the VAT. They are shipped from Amazon. I did read something recently about a change to the VAT law on exported items whereby HMV closed down their Jersey operations and moved elsewhere. Has this also effected Amazon?

Anyone know if Amazon UK have stopped removing VAT from orders? I looked to add an order tonight and noticed that the titles no longer removed the VAT. They are shipped from Amazon. I did read something recently about a change to the VAT law on exported items whereby HMV closed down their Jersey operations and moved elsewhere. Has this also effected Amazon?

VAT is still being removed - it only shows up AFTER you have ordered - and no longer on the last ordering page.

Please check your ORDER page. Further - were you ordering from Amazon or a 3rd party ??

The only time this doesn't seem to happen is if you buy from their 'x blu-rays for y pounds' deals, where 'y' pounds is the amount you pay regardless of where you order from as the discount to 'y' pounds is done after VAT is removed.

The only time this doesn't seem to happen is if you buy from their 'x blu-rays for y pounds' deals, where 'y' pounds is the amount you pay regardless of where you order from as the discount to 'y' pounds is done after VAT is removed.

yeah... they seem to have this stupid 'policy' or inability to cope with with removing VAT from these deals.

I've noticed the 3 for 17pds deal - and am comparing IF there is any discount VS what THE HUT has for 2 for 12pds.

FRANKLY - they Amazon UK should be able to HANDLE with VAT REMOVAL from the deal - eg - taking the VAT from the overall deal amount (17pds) - It might be worth writing to one of the monkeys and see what comes from that.

A quick recheck of the TERMS AND CONDITIONS on this sale would have produced this :

Buy Three Blu-ray for £17 - Terms & Conditions

1. This Three Blu-ray for £17 promotion (the "Offer") runs from 00.01 on October 1, 2012 to 23:59 on November 4, 2012 (the "Period") and applies to selected items only.

2. For every three selected Blu-ray you purchase from the selection on the Three Blu-ray for £17 page (each a "Qualifying Item") in one purchase order, you will be charged a total of £17 (the “Price”) for the three Qualifying Items at checkout. The Price is payable by all Amazon customers, wherever they are located and irrespective of VAT registered status.

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=2143844031

so... given this 'deal' - it will be 3 for £17 + £2.09 per delivery + £1.59 per item = £23.86 or about $37 !

Edited by tonyjg

VAT is still being removed - it only shows up AFTER you have ordered - and no longer on the last ordering page.

Please check your ORDER page. Further - were you ordering from Amazon or a 3rd party ??

Hmm thats kinda wierd. I didnt actually put through an order as i was jjust checking prices. Kinda annoying that you cant easilty see what the ex VAT price is now without woking it out yourself. Wonder they they did that.

And yes it was for Amzon sold items and not 3rd party.

For the 'x for y' deals, it can often be cheaper to look at DVD.co.uk as they remove VAT and their postage prices are lower. Their 'y' price is often higher than Amazon's but the delivered price is lower. I bought a couple of Disney movies that I didn't have in the Buy One Get One Free deal as it was cheaper there than both Amazon and The Hut.

Just had my very first negative experience with Amazon (although I'm certain they'll sort it out)...

Ordered the Harry Potter Wizards Collection when it came back in to stock after they sorted out the disc issue. Shipped on 4th October with DHL, but the tracking information never changed, just said it was 'on it's way'. When checking the information on the DHL website, it said it was manifested, but never picked up. I figured they may have just put the wrong information there.

Anyway, got an email today from Amazon saying the item had been returned and they're processing my refund!

Sent them an email and we'll see what happens.

Well, as usual, Amazon were excellent with their customer service. As annoying as it is that it got sent back, I've now re-ordered with Express Shipping and the shipping charge has been waived. As an added bonus, the price has dropped slightly since my first order :)

Well, as usual, Amazon were excellent with their customer service. As annoying as it is that it got sent back, I've now re-ordered with Express Shipping and the shipping charge has been waived. As an added bonus, the price has dropped slightly since my first order :)

Further to this, the new order has now shipped - 1 week earlier than anticipated - via UPS and should be here on Tuesday, which is 1 day after the original estimated date :)

Just got LOTR Extended Edition BD from Amazon UK. Just found out that the special features discs dont work in Region 4 players. Good to know that I still got the orginal DVD extended editions so have got 6 of the 9 discs in Region 4. Just not sure either to take the discs out and replace them with the previous release or just leave the Region 2 discs in, what did everyone end up doing?

Still $50 AUD is alot cheaper than $125 from JB.

Edited by ADstv

Just got LOTR Extended Edition BD from Amazon UK. Just found out that the special features discs dont work in Region 4 players. Good to know that I still got the orginal DVD extended editions so have got 6 of the 9 discs in Region 4. Just not sure either to take the discs out and replace them with the previous release or just leave the Region 2 discs in, what did everyone end up doing?

Still $50 AUD is alot cheaper than $125 from JB.

You don't have a multi region dvd player?

Only the Sammy Blu-ray player in the main living room which was easily done via the remote. The one in the Theater room will be far more difficult which I dont want to void my warranty as I paid $400 for it. Guess the extras can be watched on the main TV.

Edited by ADstv

• 1 month later...

Only 6 days for my Black Friday Heroes boxset to arrive. Pack in a big box with no damage. Very impressive in this busy week.

Yep, I had three shipments and they all arrived last week, and that was the cheapest shipping option with 1 shipment selected for each order and one of those included a preorder that is yet to ship so amazon broke that order up