just trying to place an order with AMAZON UK - during the ordering process, the amounts are displayed re VAT removed. However, on the last page of the ordering (before submitting) - the amounts have returned BACK to their'published' normal pre VAT amount.

Has anyone else encountered this today ??

Just tested this & it was ok for me...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just trying to place an order with AMAZON UK - during the ordering process, the amounts are displayed re VAT removed. However, on the last page of the ordering (before submitting) - the amounts have returned BACK to their'published' normal pre VAT amount.

Has anyone else encountered this today ??

Wondering if there is a bug in their site - dare I send an email to customer service to get some gooblygook back from their Indian call centre.

(have to check this when I get home as well !)

Yeap I've encountered the same problem several time especially when the system stops you from ordering some titles for unknown reason (eg, when i tried to order B:LA). Just go ahead, prices will be adjusted accordingly in the confirm email. You can always cancel the order if prices are not adjusted...

Yeap I've encountered the same problem several time especially when the system stops you from ordering some titles for unknown reason (eg, when i tried to order B:LA). Just go ahead, prices will be adjusted accordingly in the confirm email. You can always cancel the order if prices are not adjusted...

lol - you still trying to order BATTLE LA ?? :) As noted - Amazon UK is giving you 'advice' re this title :) Anyway - ordered my stuff - and the prices adjusted in the email / order history - 'strange' that they have this 'bug' in their final page order film.

My experience has been very positive.

Ordered one Blu-Ray title on Sunday 24th July, arrived Tuesday 2nd August. Zero VAT on email order confirmation and on printed invoice in package. Much better than expected - certainly cheaper and faster than ordering from Amazon US.

am I blind....????

I have been checking out a few things on AMAZON UK - and the PRICES have disappeared from the items !! :)

EDIT - its back now - must have gotten in whilst they were doing a 'change' !

Edited by tonyjg

Ok just ordered;

Delivery Method: FREE Super Saver Delivery

Delivery Preference: Group my items into as few deliveries as possible

Subtotal of Items: £42.49

Postage & Packing: £0.00

------

Total before VAT: £42.49

VAT: £0.00

------

Total for this order: £42.49

Dispatch estimate for these items: 22 Aug 2011

1 "The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - The Extended Edition [blu-ray]"

Elijah Wood; Blu-ray; £35.00

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

1 "Black Swan [blu-ray]"

Natalie Portman; Blu-ray; £7.49

Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

First order from AmazonUK in a while. See how we go....

Hi all

I ordered some books and movies in July. The order was despatch in two shipments by Amazon UK. We recieved the Deutsche Post last week but the Royal mail shipment hasn't turned up. The paperwork with the Deutsche Post order said "this completes your order" am I looking at a lost order you think? Never had a Royal Mail delivery take this long.

Hi all

I ordered some books and movies in July. The order was despatch in two shipments by Amazon UK. We recieved the Deutsche Post last week but the Royal mail shipment hasn't turned up. The paperwork with the Deutsche Post order said "this completes your order" am I looking at a lost order you think? Never had a Royal Mail delivery take this long.

What dates were each shipped?

If longer than 3 weeks since Royal Mail shipped then likely it is lost.

You can claim after the estimated delivery date!

So sad that Royal Mail has gone from 4 days delivery to 10-21 days.

How many times have you received items in 4 days??? Surely not regularly enough to consider it "normal".

8-11 days has been average for me. Happy with that, especially if it continues with free shipping.

How many times have you received items in 4 days??? Surely not regularly enough to consider it "normal".

8-11 days has been average for me. Happy with that, especially if it continues with free shipping.

Same, has always been 9-12 ish

The latest purchases from Amazon UK all Freight Free;

2 x Blu ray & 2 x SACD's;

Ordered : 10 Aug 2011

Dispatched : 12 Aug 2011

Delivery estimate : 5 Sept 2011

1 package via Royal Mail

Arrived 22 Aug 2011 = 14 days early

1 x Blu ray

Dispatched:11 Aug 2011

Delivery estimate:22 Aug 2011

1 package via La Poste

Not yet arrived = 1 day late

1 x Blu ray

Dispatched : 20 Aug 2011

Delivery estimate : 13 Sep 2011

1 package via Royal Mail

Not yet arrived

3 x Blu rays

Ordered : 22 Aug 2011

Dispatched ; 22 Aug 2011

Delivery estimate : 13 Sep 2011

1 package via Royal Mail

Not yet arrived

Cheers

Gary

Is Amazon UK the way to go for my first foray into overseas purchasing? or is there a better alternative

amazon is equal or better than most and with free delivery and Tax removed it provides great value

I've just noticed a few titles have gone out of stock, with a 1-2 month delivery time.

I understand that the recent UK riots destroyed a warehouse that many distributors used to hold stock and I wonder if this is the beginning of a temporary scarcity for some titles.

Shipping seems to be a lottery at the moment: some getting good durations and others lousy.

The price of some titles has recently jumped and it doesn't help that the exchange rate deteriorated.

Updated..........

The latest purchases from Amazon UK all Freight Free;

2 x Blu ray & 2 x SACD's;

Dispatched : 12 Aug 2011

Delivery estimate : 5 Sept 2011

1 package via Royal Mail

Arrived 22 Aug 2011 = 14 days early

1 x Blu ray

Dispatched:11 Aug 2011

Delivery estimate:22 Aug 2011