• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Edit* Has anyone successfully ordered "Battle: Los Angeles" from Amazon UK???

For some reasons the ordering system keep resetting the quantity to '0'.....

just take it as the Amazon UK system telling you 'not to bother' with this title :) (the system is showing good taste !! lol)

FURTHER GOOD NEWS - FREE SHIPPING EXTENDED TO THE 30 SEPT 2011 !!!

just take it as the Amazon UK system telling you 'not to bother' with this title :) (the system is showing good taste !! lol)

FURTHER GOOD NEWS - FREE SHIPPING EXTENDED TO THE 30 SEPT 2011 !!!

:lol: - though it was a reasonable popcorn movie.

Same issue as before - they have 2 supplies, one for UK domestic and another for international and international has no stock. Seems their system cannot cope with stock in local and non for international as it should just say - usually ships in X days!

Good to hear re shipping!

I placed a order yesterday, with standard shipping. Just got a confirmation the order has just shipped with a delivery date of the 1 August.

Received my order on the 2 of August, can't complain about there service and delivered on time, alot better than Amazon US still waiting on a order placed on the 8/7 with a delivery date of 18/7.

I removed "Battle: Los Angeles" from the order and the despatch date changed to "10-12 August" - Amazon definitely doesn't want to sell me this title... LOL

They are protecting you. I applaud them.

But seriously is it something to do with the free shipping because I placed an order last friday for 3 old in stock items (Planet of the Apes 5 disc, Batman: The Movie and Gladiator) and they are not due to ship for like 2 weeks according to the estimate.

I removed "Battle: Los Angeles" from the order and the despatch date changed to "10-12 August" - Amazon definitely doesn't want to sell me this title... LOL

SEE... we keep telling you that Amazon UK is trying to SAVE you some $$$ from this title :) (and at 13pds... you should 'wait' til it hits at least 6pds... it wont take long ! then Amazon UK might be kind enough to allow u to buy it !! lol)

SEE... we keep telling you that Amazon UK is trying to SAVE you some $$$ from this title :) (and at 13pds... you should 'wait' til it hits at least 6pds... it wont take long ! then Amazon UK might be kind enough to allow u to buy it !! lol)

I was trying get it for your birhtday (on 30th Sep ?) Tony. But i guess you'd prefer a tube of lube jelly - judging from your avatar! :-) (Please don't take the jk too seriously.... ) :-)

Seriously, what's the problem with B:LA that amazon wouldn't people to order or dispatch it promtly???

They are protecting you. I applaud them.

But seriously is it something to do with the free shipping because I placed an order last friday for 3 old in stock items (Planet of the Apes 5 disc, Batman: The Movie and Gladiator) and they are not due to ship for like 2 weeks according to the estimate.

If amazon is so effective in protecting my $$$, they would have saved at least 80% of my spendings... :-)

Just placed an order for 4 blu-rays which were all in stock, then got order confirmation email with "Dispatch Estimate: 14 Sep 2011 - 13 Oct 2011"!!! HUH???

Don't get me started, I placed an order for 20! in stock BDs last Friday, when the pound cost A$1.50 and it still hasn't shipped, nor charged my card, and the pound has slipped to $A1.65 :(

Don't get me started, I placed an order for 20! in stock BDs last Friday, when the pound cost A$1.50 and it still hasn't shipped, nor charged my card, and the pound has slipped to $A1.65 :(

It's better to split your order into multiple smaller ones - they get shipped faster, less chance of damage/loss etc...

Just placed an order for 4 blu-rays which were all in stock, then got order confirmation email with "Dispatch Estimate: 14 Sep 2011 - 13 Oct 2011"!!! HUH???

I just had the opposite experience

Order placed on 1st of August

Dispatched on the 5th of August

their estimated of delivery 25th of August

Arrived today 10th of August

Shortest transit time for me to date.

Regards

I was trying get it for your birhtday (on 30th Sep ?) Tony. But i guess you'd prefer a tube of lube jelly - judging from your avatar! :-) (Please don't take the jk too seriously.... ) :-)

Seriously, what's the problem with B:LA that amazon wouldn't people to order or dispatch it promtly???

It worked for me ... sorry.. that was Battle LA and not the Lube Jelly :) I got B:LA into the basket with no hassles. Try again - or maybe clear your cache ... or try the lube :)

Edited by tonyjg

It worked for me ... sorry.. that was Battle LA and not the Lube Jelly :) I got B:LA into the basket with no hassles. Try again - or maybe clear your cache ... or try the lube :)

Had no problem with getting into the basket, it's the last step of the ordering process that its quantity got re-set to '0'... or a VERY long dispatch delay!

I'll try again, if it doesn't work I'll lube the cache before clearing it.... lol

Or maybe I should wait for the price to come down to £6...

So my order turned up from Amazon UK with the LOTR EE. Took about 3 weeks to get here not terrible considering the price.

However, I continue to be annoyed at the substandard packaging. The box set was in a cardboard box with another couple of discs and some paper packaging thrown on top. All the other discs arrived OK, but one corner of the LOTR box is crumpled. It's not huge, but it is noticeable. Now the question is to I bother complaining?

It's better to split your order into multiple smaller ones - they get shipped faster, less chance of damage/loss etc...

Done, split the order into 4 orders of 5 discs each.

One has gone to a ship date of the 12th August, the others are 24th, 26th and 28th of August!!!!! And they are all showing as In Stock.

i'm still waiting on an order i placed in may

3 blus and a book

they're holding them all for the pre order that comes out in september

i ordered cos the book and one of the movies was cheaper than anywhere else and still are but gees, why can't they be more like amazon U.S? <_<

So my order turned up from Amazon UK with the LOTR EE. Took about 3 weeks to get here not terrible considering the price.

However, I continue to be annoyed at the substandard packaging. The box set was in a cardboard box with another couple of discs and some paper packaging thrown on top. All the other discs arrived OK, but one corner of the LOTR box is crumpled. It's not huge, but it is noticeable. Now the question is to I bother complaining?

Do complain! I have been giving then my feedbacks re poor packaging for every order i've receiced. I hate their "C-type" packaging..

Because it's free shipping.

nope, they were like that even before the free shipping

had a pre order in with some other movies and they changed the release date 3 times and still wouldn't ship the rest

i ended up cancelling and buying the instock items seperately and they went straight into dispatch

and then i still didn't get what i'd pre ordered, ended up with volcanoes of the deep 2D instead of 3D

Do complain! I have been giving then my feedbacks re poor packaging for every order i've receiced. I hate their "C-type" packaging..

Done, not that I expect much of a reply. And there's no way I'm sending it back and waiting another 3-6 weeks for a replacement. I want to watch it this weekend, it's been hard enough to resist peeling the packaging off at my desk!

edit: and time to eat some humble pie!

Hello,

Please let me apologise for the condition of your "Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Blu Ray collection" when you received it.

The packaging methods we use have proven over time to protect blu ray disc effectively.

We take full responsibility for the safe delivery of your order, and if your order is damaged in any way, we will certainly replace it for you at our own cost.

We value this kind of customer feedback, as it helps further our efforts to provide the best possible service. Be assured that I have forwarded your comments to our shipping department.

Also, please note that you now can leave a comment online through our program "Packaging Feedback". Your comment will be reviewed and we will take in into account to improve our shipping services. For more information about our program "Packaging Feedback"please visit our help page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/d...odeId=200389810

We will be happy to proceed with a replacement order at no extra cost to you, however, please note that we require all the damaged and defective goods to be return back to us. It will helps us to improve our service in future.

In this situation, since the disc is still usable, I’ve requested a refund of GBP 5.7 to your payment card. This refund equates to a 15% discount for your item. Refunds go through in 7 to 10 business days so you should see this credited to your account on your next statement. On the date the refund is completed, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, amount and payment details.

If this discount isn’t acceptable, you can either request a replacement or send the item back to us for a full refund. Please visit our online return support centre to read our returns policy and obtain a printable personalised return label:

I'll take the part refund and live with the slightly crinkled corner. Very happy with the speed and the resolution. Well done Amazon.

Edited by AndrewW

I'll take the part refund and live with the slightly crinkled corner. Very happy with the speed and the resolution. Well done Amazon.

The poor shipping packaging methods mean that any easily crumpled cardboard product packaging has a good chance of being damaged on the corners. From my experience, it is rare to have this type of item arrive completely undamaged.

Amazon do generally offer some compensation for damage or offer to replace. However, with the high postage costs to the UK, they are at something of a disadvantage if the customer returns the item for a replacement. The customer can use this to their advantage by asking for a replacement and pointing out the cost to return: Amazon will often send a replacement and suggest the customer keep the original, but there is a risk it might go the other way (I guess it depends on the value of the item).

It definitely pays to complain about any damage and negotiate with Amazon over reparations. The more people complain and seek reparation (and thus the cost to Amazon), the more likely Amazon will do something about the packaging issue.

I do get annoyed that Amazon suggest separate packaging feedback: I personally don't want to spend my time complaining twice and expect Amazon to forward any complaint to all relevant departments.

wow, two orders placed 31 july, one received yesterday, one received today. bloody brilliant !

in the mean time order placed amazon us before this still hasnt shipped even though when ordered all was in stock bloody pathetic amazon us !

just trying to place an order with AMAZON UK - during the ordering process, the amounts are displayed re VAT removed. However, on the last page of the ordering (before submitting) - the amounts have returned BACK to their'published' normal pre VAT amount.

Has anyone else encountered this today ??

Wondering if there is a bug in their site - dare I send an email to customer service to get some gooblygook back from their Indian call centre.

(have to check this when I get home as well !)

Edited by tonyjg