Sign in to follow this  
nightbreed

The Official Emotiva Owners Thread

try the likes of interpacel...they will list every possible provider cost as they are an agent.

if it is under warranty have you tried asking for emotiva to arrange shipping for you ??? might be worth an ask...they might have a chosen carrier that provides them a discount and can book via the us ? worth a shot.

additionally ask whom they would use locally if this was a local warranty issue. surely they wouldn't ship back to the us to get fixed....even if have to pay for the service atleast not up for the shipping !

There's a guy in Melbourne with the same unit and same issue as well on Emotiva forum, he tried to have it fixed in Oz through Final Link but no luck, was told the same thing - must send it back to the US for service.

There's a guy in Melbourne with the same unit and same issue as well on Emotiva forum, he tried to have it fixed in Oz through Final Link but no luck, was told the same thing - must send it back to the US for service.

If it's bargain on the previous page, he's only paying freight one way

Well an email from Emo says I have to bear the cost of shipping both way :pinch:

Thanks Al the interparcel recommendation, $134.40 for UPS Express, not bad, i may have to leave the unit over there with In-law's cousins after the repair and he can carry with him back here around Jan next year and he comes to visit or get him to sell it over if the gov gonna hit me with the cross border tax again.

Yes it was Bargain, I forgot about the previous page I read back then, silly me, so Clifford did you have to pay any duty for the return trip? I may have to ring Emotiva to get them to cover for the return shipping cost for me.

Emotiva had created a Warranty Service number and said that I must return to the States to have it serviced an I have to bear the cost of shipping both ways, the problem is on the return trip to Oz I will be taxed/duty again even thought it is a warranty service.

They can't and should not charge you any GST or duty since you've already paid this. Just because it goes back for repairs does not make it taxable again, geez they're not that bad. You may need something in writing with the unit - on their end, they would have to state in the item description that it's a warranty repair - no duties or taxes are payable etc.

I'm certain it was stated warranty work would be undertaken here. It's total bullshit if we're unable to purchase from Emo due to a local distributor now in Aust but they demand you send it to the USA to service it.

That's about enough for me to offload my gear I reckon. Very disappointed to be honest.

Edited by Jutta

Looks like going forward we will need to buy Emotiva from TCC atleast we wont have any headaches with warranty

I'd assume so? Surely if they are selling it they will provide warranty support!

Must have missed it, so TCC will supply local warranty?

for what you buy from them, as is legally required of any retailer in australia. what happens to the item to get fixed is anyones guess. you'd hope emotiva have lined up a local repairer. would be crazy if item has to be shipped back to us or something to get sorted.

Must have missed it, so TCC will supply local warranty?

AFAIK: the warranty is provided locally be the Australian Importer and distributor. TCC are the retailer and have the usual warranty responsibilities of any retailer under Consumer Protection law. Effectively all thus means is they assume responsibility for shipping to the local warranty support center.

So, yes, contact them first.

Looks like going forward we will need to buy Emotiva from TCC atleast we wont have any headaches with warranty

Misunderstood, thought you were saying they're repairing Emotiva warranty items.

I doubt it, it would only be the stuff they sell from here on out :) but you never know. If they have all the stock and the know how, they would be able to do repairs for a small fee id assume. Its better than shipping it back to the U.S

Edited by HTPC-Guru

I doubt it, it would only be the stuff they sell from here on out :) but you never know. If they have all the stock and the know how, they would be able to do repairs for a small fee id assume. Its better than shipping it back to the U.S

Pretty sure you will find they aren't doing any repairs at all, merely passing them onto the tech service provider ... tcc are simply the retailer.

UPS express just picked up the faulty XMC, will miss those LFE for a few weeks :bye: , I'm too lazy to bring the spare Yammy A3020 in from the Lounge for temp replacement.

Hi Tom Tom,

Yea I HAD to send it back to the States, Final Link was not an option.

Shipping both ways unfortunately :/

I thought it may have been only one way but according to http://emotiva.com/help/faqs/international-orders

"What about service and returns?

We individually test your order to make sure it is working properly before shipping, but if service is required, the cost of shipping to us and return shipping is your responsibility. If you are in need of warranty-related service, your product must be sent back to our U.S. facility for repair."

Hopefully a local distributer becomes an option for stock already in OZ.

What symptoms did your XMC have?

Oh and I didn't have to pay GST or Duty again - it was marked as "Warranty Return". (Never had to pay Duty anyway due to the FTA - preferential duty rate)

CEC loopback failed, means it locks up at the end of the boot sequence just like yours, the way you describe on Emo forum.

Oh and I didn't have to pay GST or Duty again - it was marked as "Warranty Return". (Never had to pay Duty anyway due to the FTA - preferential duty rate)

Yes that's right, I forgot, the XMC is made in the States where as the AMPs are Chinese.

CEC loopback failed, means it locks up at the end of the boot sequence just like yours, the way you describe on Emo forum.

It seems strange that they couldn't just send out the part for local replacement. Especially with the XMC-1 being a modular design for easy upgrades. This was widely done over the years for many

international customers. They would go out of their way to help out with local repairs rather than having to ship back to them.

Wonder if this will now apply across the range for people that previously bought direct.

Edited by wilsact

Not so new perhaps http://emovault.org/EmoVault/MPS-1.aspx

Back to the future?

Yes ; have always liked the modular approach and being the rare class h will also help the efficiency . Its like getting a 7ch xpr5 without the 20a dedicated circuit or the 90+ pound weight :)

I wonder if this line is a pointer to the configuration of the XMR1 with 7 bed channels and a class d for the ceiling speakers :question: