Dtv Rollout To Start In Sw By The End Of This Month

And again SC10 showing on this frequency. Just to give WA regional viewers who have a dish on D1 a taste of TEN .

Already get that taste 24/7 on C1 thanks to Foxtel. :) Although, it costs money. :(

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Channel 10 to be rolled out from June 2010, some parts of the state will still have to wait 6 months :

http://www.tvauscast.com/2010/01/23/exclus...to-regional-wa/

Thanks Wayne348 for spotting this release.

But as usual the information in the story seems vague and incomplete .

If it was happening so soon there would be more detailed numbers on sites and mode of deployment etc.

The test is when we hear from Win and GWN .. It obviously can't happen without both their involvement.

Sounds like another stall for we "remote " viewers.

Cynical Kendenupian

I think after it has taken so long everyone has just about given up on Digital TV in Regional WA and just in the last week 2 conflicting media releases does'nt help matters.

From TVAUSCAST :

but regional WA will go from a small handful of channels including only two commercial channels to the full range of channels include all the multi channels and the new ones set to launch this year in a matter of around 18 months

What are the new ones ? as in it's plural and i known CH 10 is one of them ?

From the Local South Western Times recently :

GWN and WIN have announced they have no plans to convert their programming to the digital format until much closer to the switch-off date.

With the switch of date being recognized ~ July - Dec 2013 for Regional WA

Does that mean that GWN & WIN will stay on Analogue until the death knock but all the Digital Multichannels will appear within the next 18 months leaving them behind on Analogue.

Guest Azraehl
Already get that taste 24/7 on C1 thanks to Foxtel. :) Although, it costs money. :(

Smacca - Any chance of letting me/others know how this can be done in basic/noob speak? I have Foxtel and would love to get rid of GWN and WIN for good! Are you getting the signals because you have cable Foxtel?

BTW - This may have been mentioned else where but: Treendale in Australind (Nth Bunbury) can receive the digital signals from Perth reasonably well. eg OneHD. Sound drops off occassionally. I investigated this in August (approx) about getting the signals in Dalyellup. Both Treendale and Dalyellup use a community aerial via e-wire. Now Dalyellup gets a better Analogue Perth Transmission better than Treendale (in my experience. also Dalyellup is right on the coast). But Treendale can pick up a Digital Signal and not Dalyellup. Go figure? Treendale is at most 16km as the crow flies from Dalyellup. I tried everything to get it back in August. I borrowed the HD Set Topbox of a Treendalien and tried at Dalyellup with no luck. I removed all splitters etc and even tried straight from the aerial at a neighbors house - all with no luck. Does the aerial need to be digital specific?

Azraehl,

For free reception you need to use a 4 bay band 3 phased array on a guyed mast of around 9 metres. Add to this a band 3 masthead amplifer.

This is an expensive exercise. This will give you all the Perth commercial stations but may drop out at times.

Read Get the Best Reception, Southern WA and read the links.

Analog antennas are poor performers.

You will get all programs when Mt Lennard eventually goes digital with commercial TV.

Don't ask when

Alanh

Smacca - Any chance of letting me/others know how this can be done in basic/noob speak? I have Foxtel and would love to get rid of GWN and WIN for good! Are you getting the signals because you have cable Foxtel?

PM sent. :)

Hi there , 1st post , but a long long time watcher of this website ! I too am frustrated by NO Valid news of a ETA of Digital for Bunbury. I have parents that live in Boyup brook who can recieve 7, 9, & 10 HD via their Perth Antenna , whilst not all the time , generally most of the time. So waiting for our Digital content is very frustrating, as they enjoy what is offered on Free to Air Digital. I know I could fork out $$$ for a Perth antenna , but costs arent worth it considering , we have a lovely useless , unmaintained Community Aerial in Glen Iris , which cant transmit any digital signal through the antenna points in the houses based there. Im very interested in recieving Digital FTA thru Foxtel , as I have it , can see the channels , but obviously blocked by Foxtel. Any Info much appreciated!! Thx... :D