New Popcorn Hour C-200 Details..bd Playback Support Included

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you be getting them around the same time as they are released elsewhere in the world, or are there other countries that already have the C-200 out?
As far as I know all resellers will be supplied at the same time, none are available for sale anywhere in the world yet.

He said RESELLERS. Beta testers and reviewers have them (under NDA). They haven't gone into full production yet, so no resellers have them.
Indeed, and if you look at post #3 in this thread anyone could see that I had already pointed out to the apparent existence of the device in youtube clips.

I'll definitely look at grabbing one of these once there's confirmation on whether or not it's region free for Blu-ray, and whether or not it can play Blu-ray ISO images over a network. Basically wanting a similar product to the TVIX 6500A that can play all my blu-ray discs. :)

Indeed, and if you look at post #3 in this thread anyone could see that I had already pointed out to the apparent existence of the device in youtube clips.

Hi there

Is there a good NMT that can also handle rmvb files natively, without having to use a media server on the PC to do transcoding?

Hi there

Is there a good NMT that can also handle rmvb files natively, without having to use a media server on the PC to do transcoding?

I am not aware of NMT (as such) that do, but a number of other players based on the Realtek chipset do that. The Next model of DVICO, for example will also support rmvb files playback, natively.

I am not aware of NMT (as such) that do, but a number of other players based on the Realtek chipset do that. The Next model of DVICO, for example will also support rmvb files playback, natively.

That is fantastic, I have been wanting to get a good NMT that has good HD format support as well as native rmvb support, none exists so far :( So if this new DVICO model will be adding native rmvb support, it sounds like the one to get for me. Do you have any details of the new DVICO model, and release date etc? I am assuming you will be carrying it? Thanks again.

That is fantastic, I have been wanting to get a good NMT that has good HD format support as well as native rmvb support, none exists so far :( So if this new DVICO model will be adding native rmvb support, it sounds like the one to get for me. Do you have any details of the new DVICO model, and release date etc? I am assuming you will be carrying it? Thanks again.

The next dvico may have a bdrom drive.

http://www.dvicosupport.com/forum/

For get all that, the xtreamer is much more powerful than the next dvico, popocornhour c-200 or anything else for that matter and is only a quarter of the price.

The xtreamer can play video from a nas or computer or you can even log into the xtreamer from your computer and play thre contents of the xtreamer hard drive on your computer which is something the others can't do an dit plays far many codecs than the next dvico or popcornhour c-200 can.

Xtreamer $131 US plus $27 US for world wide freight and comes with free wifi antenna.

http://www.xtreamer.net

Xtreamer specs.

Connectivity

WIFI

UPnP SSDP

UPnP AV

NTFS

Web services

Video : YouTube, Picasa, Yahoo Video, CNN, NBC Today, CBS Face the Nation and more

Audio : Live365 Radio, iPodcast, Radiobox, ABC News, BBC Podcast, CNN News , Indiefeed, Jamendo

Photo : Picasaweb

RSS feed : Yahoo! Weather, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Xchange, MSNBC News and more

Media files supported

Video containers:

MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V)

MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG)

MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS)

VOB

AVI, ASF, WMV

Matroska (MKV)

AVC HD

MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4

FLV - Flash Video

Video codecs:

XVID SD/HD

MPEG-1

MPEG-2

MP@HL

MPEG-4.2

ASP@L5, 720p, 1-point GMC

WMV9

MP@HL

H.264

BP@L3

MP@L4.0

HP@L4.0

HP@L4.1

VC-1

MP@HL

AP@L3

Audio containers:

AAC, M4A

MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA)

WAV

WMA

FLAC

OGG

Audio codecs:

Dolby Digital

DTS (DTS DownMix Supported)

WMA, WMA Pro

AAC

MP1, MP2, MP3

LPCM

FLAC

Vorbis

Audio pass through : DTS, Dolby Digital, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR, Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus

Photo formats : JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, HD JPEG

Other formats: ISO, IFO, FLV, RM, RA, RAM

Subtitle formats : SRT, SMI, SUB, SSA, IDX

Streaming formats : RTSP, FLV

Chipset

Realtek 128X (Special Edition)

Memory

256MB DDR SDRAM, 32MB Flash

Audio/Video outputs

HDMI v1.3a (up to 1080p)

Composite Video

Stereo Analog Audio

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio

Interface

1x USB 2.0 slave

2x USB 2.0 host

Internal SATA

Network

Ethernet 10/100

WIFI USB Antenna 802.11n (optional)

Power

12V DC, 3A

Dimension

Width 10.5"(180mm) x Depth 1.25" (32mm) x Height 2.25" (82mm)

Weight

2.2 lbs (1Kg)

Package Content

Xtreamer (HDD not included)

100~240V Power Adapter

1.5M length HDMI cable (optional)

WiFi 802.11n USB Antenna (optional)

Audio & Video Cables

Remote Control with 2 "AAA" batteries

USB Slave cable

Quick start guide

Yes indeed the new DVICO model will do whatever the TViX6500 does plus a lot more, I have seen it in action and I will post more information in due course. Expected date of release is August. But let's not take this thread off topic, please.

If time isn't a factor, Media Players and More are now selling them for $399, for delivery end of August/start Sept. I believe these are coming via Sea (hence the cheaper price/longer wait). Great deal though :)

Is there a big difference between the current Popcorn 110 and Dvico 6500 or is it a Ford and Holden discussion?

I assume, they will again be similar specs wise with their new models?

The main difference between the A-110 and the TViX 6500A is the ability to use a DTV tuner in the TViX, this is not possible in the A-110 or the C-200.

I think DVICO is going in a different direction to Syabas with the next players - DVICO will be striving to considerably improve the PVR functionality, while seeking to retain leadership in relation to the playback/jukebox functionality, of the devices.

Given what you posted above, then is the PCH a better media player than the Dvico as I already have a PVR?
If you mean is the C-200 better than the 6500, then the answer is I don't know as we have not seen/used the C-200 yet. I guess we will know in a few weeks when the C-200 is expected to arrive.

If you want to compare the existing A-110 versus the TVIX 6500, then in my opinion the 6500 is better in certain things and not as good in certain others, it depends on what feature you most use. If Playback of Blue Ray rips with menus, Jukebox functionality, HD GUI are important to you, then the 6500 is better.

On the other hand if internet media services (eg youtube, internet radio, etc) are more important to you then the popcorn A-110 is better. I use both (but have a dual tuner in the 6500) :)

Can't wait for info on whether or not this is region free on blu-ray. I've finally got my home theatre setup and all it's missing is the ability to play Region A blu-ray discs. If this is region free then it will be my solution, if not then i'm building another HTPC.

Can't wait for info on whether or not this is region free on blu-ray. I've finally got my home theatre setup and all it's missing is the ability to play Region A blu-ray discs. If this is region free then it will be my solution, if not then i'm building another HTPC.
There is a lot we don't know yet, while I have every confidence that the C-200 is going to be a good product; as a matter of policy we will not be offering it for sale until we have tested it ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a lot we don't know yet, while I have every confidence that the C-200 is going to be a good product; as a matter of policy we will not be offering it for sale until we have tested it ourselves.

Those waiting for this product maybe interested to know that shipping is expected to start in mid August.

Stupid question.... :P

I'm assuming that the Blu-Ray drive would be able to play DVDs as well.

Would you be able to insert a DVD drive instead of a Blu-Ray drive.

My Pioneer DV-696 just died and I would love to replace it with a media player that supported the playback of actual discs (rather than images off a HD/server).

We were told by Syabas that they were going to ship them to us mid August, whether they would ship to end users that purchased directly at the same time, I don't know.
It looks like they are going to be shipping to resellers at the end of August now.