New Popcorn Hour C-200 Details..bd Playback Support Included

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like the media player to buy at $299 USD , and $35 shipping direct from Popcorn

AUD$415.shipped to oz....what a steel....might be first cab off the rank

http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/ind...&item_id=12

What's the medianow price? :ninja:

And the xvid question is answered :

http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/ind...&item_id=12

Support included as suspected.

xvid (free) is a branch off divx (commercial).. It may not be able to play all divx files, but it's hardly a problem..

So BD playback will still be region lock I assume?

What's the medianow price? :ninja:

We have not yet been given a price by Popcorn Hour/Syabas so can not tell you with any precision, my guess is in the mid four hundred aussie dollars.

We are expecting to get the required info next week and we will set the price then. :)

Oooh oooh... And test the stuffs I PM'ed you about pls?? If it works, I want one... And I want one last year...

Don't get too excited I don't have a C200 yet, I was going to test on "other players". There are plenty more players around and/or coming :)

renura

Do you have any info about Blu-ray playback . i.e. region lock??

No more than what it has been published, I have asked a number of questions and they have not been answered (or should I say I have been referred to the published info). They are all being very secretive......... :)

If equipped with a BD-Rom drive, would this be comparable with a dedicated bluray player when it comes to HD sound formats (passed through via HDMI) to an AVR for decoding, and would the PQ be comparable?

Or is a dedicated BD player (like a Pana BD60) going to be far superior in PQ/AQ?

I am starting to look at BD players, and this would be far more versatile if the BD side of things can come close.

If equipped with a BD-Rom drive, would this be comparable with a dedicated bluray player when it comes to HD sound formats (passed through via HDMI) to an AVR for decoding, and would the PQ be comparable?

Or is a dedicated BD player (like a Pana BD60) going to be far superior in PQ/AQ?

I am starting to look at BD players, and this would be far more versatile if the BD side of things can come close.

Audio wise it will pass full audio via bitstream to an AVR. As for Video dont think anyone can answer that until they are released.

The Sigma chipsets used in the NMTs are used in a wide variety of standalone Blu-ray players so the output quality should be identical to many standalones, probably a bit better than some and not as good as others. Quality of Blu-ray playback doesn't vary that much between players since you have a 1080p image to start with and there's not much processing to be done beyond decompression, you've got to really stuff something up to make it look bad. Differences in DVD playback are much more pronounced.

Hi Guys,

Just letting you know that we should be getting the new Popcorn Hour C-200 player in about 4 weeks.

we have been given an FOB price and on that basis, and assuming that the Aussie dollar does not change much, we expect the retail price to be set at around $450 plus delivery.

The number to be supplied in the first batch is very limited and therefore we will be delivering on a first come first served basis.

Having said that, those that are unsure about this product should wait until more information and end user feedback is available, to ensure the product suits your needs.

Cheers

Renura

Hi Guys,

Just letting you know that we should be getting the new Popcorn Hour C-200 player in about 4 weeks.

we have been given an FOB price and on that basis, and assuming that the Aussie dollar does not change much, we expect the retail price to be set at around $450 plus delivery.

The number to be supplied in the first batch is very limited and therefore we will be delivering on a first come first served basis.

Having said that, those that are unsure about this product should wait until more information and end user feedback is available, to ensure the product suits your needs.

Cheers

Renura

Taking pre-orders?

I take it you have no more information regarding BD playback, ie interface, region locking status, etc. I am making the assumption the unit will be almost identical in performance to the A110 in respect to anything other than BD playback. Its really only the BD playback side of things id like clarification on.

I take it you have no more information regarding BD playback, ie interface, region locking status, etc. I am making the assumption the unit will be almost identical in performance to the A110 in respect to anything other than BD playback. Its really only the BD playback side of things id like clarification on.

You are correct, I have no more information in that regard. I suspect we will have to wait until the product is shipped to find out what the initial firmware release can and can not support.