Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Why Buy Lcd Over Plasma ?

I've run the same footage thru my Bravia LCD and Pio Plasma a number of times to show friends who where talking about buying a big LCD TV and after seeing this they bought 50" Pana's or Pio's and where glad they talked to me first.

Being able to demonstrate the effect makes the evaluation more scientific. I sometimes am a little sceptical of people who trot out a claim of LCD blurring, simply based on screens they saw in the past.

Of course, for people who watch litle sport or fast action material, the possibility of an occasional blurring effect on an LCD screen may not worry them much. But for those friends of yours, it was an obvious and significant deficiency, enough to affect their buying decision

Being able to demonstrate the effect makes the evaluation more scientific. I sometimes am a little sceptical of people who trot out a claim of LCD blurring, simply based on screens they saw in the past.

Of course, for people who watch litle sport or fast action material, the possibility of an occasional blurring effect on an LCD screen may not worry them much. But for those friends of yours, it was an obvious and significant deficiency, enough to affect their buying decision

It's certainly quite repeatable - my Bravia is my second TV so im not too bothered by the artefacts but for those wanting to buy their 1st big screen TV n the 50" range I could never recommend an LCD.

You dont buy an LCD for gaming for the same reason you dont buy an LCD for sports! :wacko:

Really :huh:

What would you recommend then? Gaming is a million times better on our 46XBR in the living then it is on the LX608 in the HT room... The plasma is no where near as sharp for gaming, and the input lag is horrendous (though, maybe cos goes through AVR first).

Really :huh:

What would you recommend then? Gaming is a million times better on our 46XBR in the living then it is on the LX608 in the HT room... The plasma is no where near as sharp for gaming, and the input lag is horrendous (though, maybe cos goes through AVR first).

You need to turn the extra processing off no matter what Panel you have but Plasma's <1ms pixel response times win every day for gaming and fast motion.

No BS. It's the 6th gen Panasonic, and of course I don't run it in torch mode. Not unless you consider Standard Picture and Contrast @ 70 is torch mode.

If you read my earlier posts I said my little boy watched theatrical aspect cartoon DVDs on one weekend for about 4 hours. That tv was placed in the bedroom so it only get used every 2-3 days for a short stint (to watch some adult material ^_^ ), and longer period on the weekend but not every weekend.

Since it only gets used so occassionally, once it gets an IR like this it will stay on for a long time. Especially since I don't watch FTA programs on the tv. And this is certainly the longest IR I've experienced.

Now you'll all say it will go away eventually, but the fact remains that I have to refrain my little boy from watching theatrical aspect DVDs until the IR is gone! It's not a matter of whether it's a burn-in or not, but more of the f*cking tv dictating your viewing habit! Do you understand now?

Why of why havent you changed to another screen, after reading the horror stories with your plasma and friends plasmas and the various posts you have made.

I would have offloaded it, and gone to something more suitable to your needs.

My Pioneer lx508 has never ever had any image retention, and absolutely faultless since owned. And I am still amazed by how good the picture is!!

Awesome. My brothers Samsung lcd, and father inlaws Sony bravia lcd have both been back for repair since they bought them. And they are still having issues with

back light bleed, and motion blur with sports etc. I guess everyone knows someone who has a bad experience with both formats.

Edited by wilsact