Sign in to follow this  
jd71

Oh My God I Love Criterion!

SO I havent played burnout PC for ages and I crank it open with the son this morning, and holy cow!! Hot wheels cars??? Fully sick mate, LOL. The little bike is hilarious!!! Unlocked all the cars I never could before. Criterion have really and truly created a new world of gameplay and continue to evolve, I cant wait for the island upgrade, when is that due?

Well, if you havent got a 360 and you love racing games, then why havent you gone out and bought a 360 with burnout paradse city?

This has just made the weekend cool and interesting!! Thanks Criterion, you rock, and you know how to push the envelope. Makes me ponder what my 7yo will be playing in 10 years time, the mind boggles!!! I saw the new 360 stuff on the news last week also, playing a car game with no controller just your movements, unreal. I havent got into the cops and robbers thing yet though, do you need to get a gold live membership to do that and is it worth it???

have a good weekend guys

regards

Justin

Unlocked all the cars I never could before.

The "pay to unlock" thing is just WRONG. And it's not a Criterion initiative, believe me. That's got money-hungry EA's bidding written all over it.

I cant wait for the island upgrade, when is that due?

A quick look at their site would have answered your question - or even a look at the online screen when the game boots. I'll leave you to work it out for yourself :)

Well, if you havent got a 360 and you love racing games, then why havent you gone out and bought a 360 with burnout paradse city?

Because the sensible thing to do would be to buy a PS3 and a copy of the game :)

The "pay to unlock" thing is just WRONG. And it's not a Criterion initiative, believe me. That's got money-hungry EA's bidding written all over it.

A quick look at their site would have answered your question - or even a look at the online screen when the game boots. I'll leave you to work it out for yourself :)

Because the sensible thing to do would be to buy a PS3 and a copy of the game :)

Lighten up would you. I will always ask a question on a forum and there will always be someone like yourself with nothing better to do than bother to take the effort to say I can find it myself and where to find it. However if a 360 person that knew the answer were to post then Im sure it wouldnt put them out by answering such a question. Criterion are amazing how they have completely changed so many facets to the game, of course they make money they are a business, but a few bucks for awesome new cars is nothing for the great entertainment it gives us. And as for getting the cars, if you dont want to get them, dont get them, I was at 75% or so and really lost interest in finishing the rest of the races so it was a GODSEND to just grab the remaining cars!

And the only thing I would use a PS3 for would be from stopping the door blowing shut. :-)

Edited by jd71

i havent played Paradise City yet but Burnout 2 on PS2 is amazing i hope PC is similar

Lighten up would you. I will always ask a question on a forum and there will always be someone like yourself with nothing better to do than bother to take the effort to say I can find it myself and where to find it.

Err, the smileys didn't seem "light" enough for you?

The date for the Island pack is *everywhere* online.

Criterion are amazing how they have completely changed so many facets to the game, of course they make money they are a business, but a few bucks for awesome new cars is nothing for the great entertainment it gives us. And as for getting the cars, if you dont want to get them, dont get them, I was at 75% or so and really lost interest in finishing the rest of the races so it was a GODSEND to just grab the remaining cars!

Glad you found it to be value, but it's crystal clear that Criterion has been brought to heel by their parent company and made to tow the EA "micropayments R us" line.

The island expansion, remember, was originally going to be FREE.

Now it's looking like a 20 dollar investment.

And the only thing I would use a PS3 for would be from stopping the door blowing shut. :-)

Funny, that's what several friends use their RROD-bricked 360s for ;)

Glad you found it to be value, but it's crystal clear that Criterion has been brought to heel by their parent company and made to tow the EA "micropayments R us" line.

I don't remember them ever saying the Island was going to be free. Right from the start they said that some DLC would be free, and some wouldn't. Do you really think having a team of developers creating a whole new island with all the detail and testing, is going to get done out of the goodness of their heart? What are they going to feed their families with - love and sing-alongs?

Given that Burnout: Paradise is such a fun, well polished game, then I don't mind expansions that build on the platform. I'd rather that than a whole new Burnout: Paradise 2, with a rehashed city and the same features, at full price.

Don't get me wrong, I think overpriced trivial DLC is stupid, but this Island is much much bigger than some shiny horse armour, and $20 for a seriously large expansion to a game that cost ~$90 originally, is pretty decent. No, I didn't get the bonus cars (although the Delorean clone is tempting), but I'll be picking up the Island.

If you don't think it's good enough value for money, then don't buy it.

Err, the smileys didn't seem "light" enough for you?

Well if its everywhere online stop being a little bi*ch and tell me it then instead of wasting time speaking out your bottom.

Agreed - the date is ****ING EVERYWHERE. Why just a quick google search uncovered that date to be JUNE 11 - however I am sure, as Neon Kitten said, that when you LOAD the game up and you are greeted with the welcome screen that it TELLS you the date there...

Then again I could be wrong. Maybe they saved the good features for the PS3 version (ie the features were they tell you stuff as well as all the good content, since its seems that the PS3 version of this game is far more superior, content wise, than the X360 version) and thats why the OP can't find the date... although laziness...

Yep I remember that announcement too - start of last year when BP hit its stride and was releasing information about upcoming additions to the game it most clearly did state that the second island would be FREE - atleast to PS3 owners. I always remember hearing about it being FREE - Criterion said all the DLC would be free, but we were never supposed to get as much as we have. It was supposed to be the bikes pack, a few cars and then the new Island. There was never a Cops and Robbers mode announced in the original DLC plans, and the only thing that was every going to cost money was some premium cars.

But I clearly remember hearing the island was going to be FREE and second NK on his second correct statement.

Woo! Three out of three statements that I agree with you on NK. Something wierd here... although I got a better one for you. My X360 doorstop hasn't even RROD'ed yet!! I havent used mine in almost 3 months, and last week I unplugged it from the wall to save power. Its the worst $400 I've ever spent on ANYTHING.

Also, the OP needs to consider (and remember) the fact that BP was ALWAYS built, from the ground up, on the PS3 and even Criterion themselves have said time and time again in several online blogs and podcasts that the PS3 version is and was always going to be the better version

Its now up to 98 trophies for the game! The new pack adds 12 more trophies, while they can only add 5 more achievements for the X360 version thanks to M$ restrictions.