Samsung Ps58b550

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone managed to get a good price on this panel from Myer (Melbourne)?

I have gift cards so would prefer to buy there if possible, but the guy at the city store wouldn't go below $2999. said $2300 from JB was below their buy price (doubtful).

Same situation here - about to check this out at Myers Sydney city store and wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on prices for the Samsung. If they cannot play ball perhaps look at seeing if I can sell the Myer cards and source elsewhere

Anyone had any luck getting this panel from hardly normal at or near 2300? I've been persisting with David jones as they usually hook me up on panels but there not calling me back so I'm guessing they don't Want my bussiness.

-

HSV,

Try the JB's at Chaddy with my receipt...

BB

-

Having also just seen this:

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-lcd-led-plasma...lasma-tv-70878/

I would seriously be pushing JB's on the 58, they may now even beat my receipt.

BB

Edited by BusterB

Got one on saturday and it has a fault on the screen the panel seems to have different shades of black on the screen , when watching a dark move one can see that the blacks are inconsistent on certain parts of the screen . does anyone have the same problem .

I have gone back to the shop and i am waiting for a replacement to come .

Got one on saturday and it has a fault on the screen the panel seems to have different shades of black on the screen , when watching a dark move one can see that the blacks are inconsistent on certain parts of the screen . does anyone have the same problem .

I have gone back to the shop and i am waiting for a replacement to come .

sorry to hear that your tv is faulty , samsung have a 14 day replacement warranty on there tv .

I wonder if any one has the same problem .

Thanks for the link, but when shipping is added ($190 for regional QLD) we're back up to nearly $2600

That's a bummer okisub. :(

If you can't find it cheaper elsewhere and your budget can stretch to $2600, I would still recommend this 58" beauty. $2600 was my target as Bing Lee had it advertised for $2,588, I was just lucky to be in right place at the right time, plus I had been in my local GG's on a number of occasions leading up to my purchase, thus building a relationship with the sales staff. ;)

Model Change

TV in Standby -> "info" -> "menu" -> "mute" -> power on

Select Option

Change PB550 to PB650 (red menu) or PB680 (blue menu) by pressing the right button on the compass.

Power off.

:ninja:Do not change any other settings! :ninja:

Edited by Struggo

That's a bummer okisub. :(

If you can't find it cheaper elsewhere and your budget can stretch to $2600, I would still recommend this 58" beauty.

It's not really that I can't afford it or anything, it's more that @$2600 its a hell of a lot more than the 50" version going for $1350 (and the 50" is in stock everywhere still).

Kinda have to do something soon, speakers are on order, amp is sitting on the floor in the lounge and wall mount and cables are coming in the mail :)

It's not really that I can't afford it or anything, it's more that @$2600 its a hell of a lot more than the 50" version going for $1350 (and the 50" is in stock everywhere still).

Kinda have to do something soon, speakers are on order, amp is sitting on the floor in the lounge and wall mount and cables are coming in the mail :)

I was in the same boat as yourself, but at the time, the best I could do for a 50" was $1500. Now a week after having the 58", I'm glad I chose it over the 50". It has provided a bigger WOW factor compared to my previous 42" display.

Okisub,

get the 58" if you can afford it. We've had the 58" Samsung (brilliant TV) for 2+ weeks and compared to the 42" sitting in the lounge room its fantastic. Mmm now the 58" is looking small I should have gone bigger :)

Edited by harryh

you could try calling an interstate store and getting it delivered, you should be able to get it for $2300 or maybe a bit less, plus delivery. last time I did this, shipping from Sydney to Melbourne was only $120 so that would still work out at a decent price.

If you compare a 50" and a 58" using this tool (ww.displaywars.com - thanks to smokyjoe for the link) it's clear to see that it's money well spent to go 58". B)

Great prices for the 50", no doubt, but since you were contemplating the 58", you'll end up regretting settling for a 50".

LOL, I know mate, never happy eh....

Quick question for you guys, my set up is Foxtel IQ via HDMI and a Pio BDP120 via HDMI through Pio 519 receiver.

Now my TV has approx 150 hours on it, I'm looking for anyone out there that has a similar set up (IQ and bluray) in a room with some side lighting for evening viewing.

Will use "Standard" for the Foxtel evening viewing, "Movie" for evening movie viewing, then maybe use an adjusted "Game" mode for daytime Foxtel viewing as we don't watch movies during the day even at the weekend.

I guess I'll also try the many settings being posted up now as more of these TV's are getting purchased due to them being competitively priced.

Is everyone happy to post up settings on this thread or the owners thread I started.

Cheers

BB

Was in JB HiFi Canberra City at lunctime today and they have the PS58B550 on special for $2,587 + 10% discount on all LCD and Plasma at the moment bringing the TV down to $2,329. Only thing is that extending the warranty for a total of 5 years was an extra $400.

Although this deal is good it can't compete with digital centre price of $2,397 which includes 5 year extended warranty !

Was in JB HiFi Canberra City at lunctime today and they have the PS58B550 on special for $2,587 + 10% discount on all LCD and Plasma at the moment bringing the TV down to $2,329. Only thing is that extending the warranty for a total of 5 years was an extra $400.

Although this deal is good it can't compete with digital centre price of $2,397 which includes 5 year extended warranty !

Thanks Rooksy thats a pretty good deal at Digital Centre. 5 year warranty, so if it breaks what do they replace it with a series 8 or something like that?

Cheers

I like this price of $2300. I cant find a posted receipt anywhere though.

Anyway, my concern is still the buzz, which lots of people are saying they dont have which gives me hope. My question is that if there is a buzz, will I be able to return it for a refund? Which stores will allow me to do this? That is the main reason I dont want to order from a website (also delivery to Perth is quite expensive).

I like this price of $2300. I cant find a posted receipt anywhere though.

Anyway, my concern is still the buzz, which lots of people are saying they dont have which gives me hope. My question is that if there is a buzz, will I be able to return it for a refund? Which stores will allow me to do this? That is the main reason I dont want to order from a website (also delivery to Perth is quite expensive).

Hello Buzz03

Samsung plasmas come wit a 14 day replacement warranty if faulty , as i had inconsistent blacks on my screen i had to register the fault with samsung and then return to retravision and they had to order a replacement tv .

Iwill see how long it will take .

Edited by junkmail