Emotiva Group Buy

The interest in the UMC-1 is simple - it is sitting smack dab in a bloody great hole in the market. It's a reasonably priced HD pre-pro. Hell, it's a reasonably priced pre-pro of any description. It's only competition price-wise are entry-level HD AVRs; as someone else said, if I had a brain it'd be a no-brainer.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emotiva have been on record (via their forums) that they wont release the UMC-1 until it is bullet proof, apparently they had a host of issues with the previous processor (LMC-1 I think) and have said that they don't want to go through that again.

This is the response when they have been questioned as to why it has taken so long for the UMC-1 to be release.

However you can always take these sorts of responses with a grain of salt....

Lets hope they are true to their word. I'm sure it will we worth the wait.

I wonder if Emotiva will consider shipping the units directly to us from China instead of it going from China to USA to Australia.

Hi Trekkie,

Tried to go down that path with my MPS-2 - it's a no goer - has to come from the US. I have been in talks with them possibly about a being a distributor for Oz / NZ. They have been setting up distribution in Europe recently, so we will see how we go. Emo stands by their products and what they say in their forums about their customer support is 100% accurate.

O.k, I just heard back from Emotiva regarding the UMC-1. It still looks like the release date may still be a good month or so off. Also looks like they have about 1000 units on pre-order. So i'm guessing a couple of months at least for delivery to us. That said, i'll still stay on top of it and report any news if things change. Sorry folks.

Lots of you keen on the UMC-1, why is no one interested in the XMC-1 ?

8/3 HDMI... HDMI to zone 2 i'd imagine a handy feature... full set of 7.1 balanced in(?)/outputs... Dolby headphone... seems to be fully loaded and only a few hundred more.

8/3 HDMI... HDMI to zone 2 i'd imagine a handy feature... full set of 7.1 balanced in(?)/outputs... Dolby headphone... seems to be fully loaded and only a few hundred more.

Feedback from the designer is that sonically they will be the same, so I guess its only if you have balanced sources and need multiple display outputs that it would be of interest. That said I wish I could have the need for multiple display outputs ;) I think MM/MC inputs was also the other differential.

Feedback from the designer is that sonically they will be the same, so I guess its only if you have balanced sources and need multiple display outputs that it would be of interest. That said I wish I could have the need for multiple display outputs ;) I think MM/MC inputs was also the other differential.

Yep, nothing in it that I want/need.

The UMC-1 gives me everything I want, and at a ridiculously good price.

I think the price point will have something to do with it. UMC-1 under $1000AUD landed has a nice ring to it ;)

assuming these two products are sonically similar, any reason why you would need both and not just the UMC-1?

Based on previous pre-amps, the USP-1 should be better than the UMC-1. Besides at US$349 for the pre-order ... you can be greedy and later on split things up into a 2nd dedicated system. :P

I couldn't see the XMC-1 on there website is it still listed there ?

intrested in a upa 5

located in melbourne

one question would it be alittle too much power for 4 b&w 601's s2 n a cc6 centre? im lookin at getting matching 602-604's when i can for the fronts

also got an 5 yr old onkyo 701 can i use this as a preamp? dunno much about it

Edited by camo888

EDIT: Read post #106 first.

The prices are in. Please check your PM's after 9:30am. The only issue is all items must be delivered to one location, Melbourne. If they were to be delivered to each address it would add too much to the cost of each unit. I have been speaking to "Pack and Send" and they are working out a price for shipping 10+ units. It will be roughly $60 for metro delivery in most cities. I will have final pricing from them today sometime.

Edited by Jason IB