Samsung Bd-p3600

Has anyone seen stock of this player on shelves yet?

Seems to have good load times in comparison to other players, and supports DTS-HD Master Audio and all the rest..

Plays Divx etc and has wireless.

Anybody see a down side to this player?

I don't really need the 7.1 analogue outputs, but the decent players seem to have them anyway.. (Sony 550, Panasonic BD80..)

Only the fact every previous Samsung player has been plagued with issues and dissatisfied owners. Other than that, I'm sure it's a peach.

I've never had an issue with any samsung product I've ever owned before, but I've never owned an optical drive of any sort fro them, so we'll see.... on paper I'm happy and its a company I trust

I seen the 1400 and 1500 last Saturday night and seriously what a joke, 11 times it took to load JttCotE on the 1400 and neither player would load Valkyrie, had I been a customer being introduced to BR I would have walked away......

buy at risk of not being able to play your collection!!!

what ?? didn't u enjoy those 'MOVING DOTS' that we had to endure the ten minutes whilst I tried to get my copy of JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE working ?? :) :) :)

(added.... we never got ur copy of VALKYRIE to play did we ???)

• 1 month later...
Will reserve judgement on this player but my Samsung BDP1400 has been nothing but trouble so far.

I have this player

Its region locked and I can find no way to unlock it

Also the wireless networking feature doesn't seem to work - can't login to my vista 64-bit PC - it can see it but says username/pass is wrong which it isn't

S/W: 1.00......

Loader: 1.03........

Seems to play movies OK but disappointed with the above...

I have this player

Also the wireless networking feature doesn't seem to work - can't login to my vista 64-bit PC - it can see it but says username/pass is wrong which it isn't

I love the idea of this player - the wireless function would be v. helpful - like it is on a PS3 - at this price range.

I'm no computer wiz, but isn't the point of the wireless dongle to get onto the internet via a wireless router (for BD-Live, updates, etc)? I guess you were hoping to browse your PC directly from the player and play your media? Does the manual say you are supposed to be able to do this?

I'm considering this too - but your affirmation that it is region locked (even for DVDs?) is a deal killer. The BDP-1600 is cheaper, too.

As for comments regarding the BDP-1400 and 1500, aren't the 1600 and 3600 a new generation? You wouldn't think they would have the same problems as the 1400 and 1500... Cnet gives this a pretty good review, esp praising the fast loading times.

I have this player

Its a great player. I have no problems with my wireless connection to my Vista 64bit PC.