Sign in to follow this  
ajm1503559545

Wtb: Multi-channel Power Amp

I'm just waiting for one more reply from Emotiva then i will look at starting a group buy thread. No point starting one if they won't come to the party.

Does this Emotiva have a volume control (and/or remote)? I know that pure power amps seldom do. But i'd like to be able to balance out my channel volumes.

Does this Emotiva have a volume control (and/or remote)? I know that pure power amps seldom do. But i'd like to be able to balance out my channel volumes.

Only the UPA-2 has a volume trim on the rear and it controls both channels.

I'm just waiting for one more reply from Emotiva then i will look at starting a group buy thread. No point starting one if they won't come to the party.

Interesting indeed, would certainly be interested in the UMC-1 Pre Pro.

Interesting indeed, would certainly be interested in the UMC-1 Pre Pro.

Geez, that doesnt look too bad!

Any idea of the standard RRP of the UMC-1? (Just trying to get a ballpark starting figure, currently looking at a NAD T175HD)

Looking at the specs, sounds like it has it's own version of "Audyssey" room correction.

Any idea how these units perform (compared to what) and if there is any local support for them warranty, faults etc?

cheers

TB

RRP details are available at www.emotiva.com

Performance is unknown but is expected to be better than their previous LMC-1 pre-pro (non-HDMI), there is no local support but they will test units before shipping internationally.

See the Emo forum board for more discussions: http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?

RRP the UMC-1 is $699 USD.

I'd definately be interested in picking up one if a GB goes ahead, however I don't think that they are released until the end of June at the latest.

RRP the UMC-1 is $699 USD.

I'd definately be interested in picking up one if a GB goes ahead, however I don't think that they are released until the end of June at the latest.

Thanks mate.

Is comparing the UMC-1 and something like a NAD T175HD or Rotel RSP-1570 in the same ballpark?

Reviews of the predecessor LMC-1 seem quite favorable and the pricing (landed in Aus) would appear to be less than half of the two mentioned above. Still, i'd like to hear, touch and feel it before jumping in, but little chance of that unfortunately.....

I had already sent an email to emotiva, but I'm more than interesting in joining a group buy instead. I'm thinking UPA-2 or XPA-3, still deciding...

Edited by Binary