Sign in to follow this  
Recusant

Samsung Vs Panasonic Plasmas

For those interested, i just got a PS50B550 from HN for $2299 - cheapest i could find at the moment (price matched to an online shop,so i was pretty chuffed,plus they had them in stock,unlike every other B&M near me, and only some online places!).

Im sure they'll come down in a few months time, as always, but ill have had mine a couple of months, and i was sick of comparing tv's and prices everywhere! :S

Gets delivered Fri,cant wait!! :D

PS50B650 about $2500

Is that the negotiated price, or sticker price? My local Myer didn't even have it in their price book. A bit annoying. They're going to call me about availability and price. Good Guys didn't have it either.

At the moment, the Panasonic G10 50" is going for about $2800 - so there's not a great deal of difference after negotiation.

I still can't decide :wacko::lol:

Edited by Recusant

Is that the negotiated price, or sticker price? My local Myer didn't even have it in their price book. A bit annoying. They're going to call me about availability and price. Good Guys didn't have it either.

At the moment, the Panasonic G10 50" is going for about $2800 - so there's not a great deal of difference after negotiation.

I still can't decide :wacko::lol:

I paid $3080 for my PS50B650, Tivo PVR and Tivo Wireless adapter.

So I would certainly not pay over $2500 for this new model.

I paid $3080 for my PS50B650, Tivo PVR and Tivo Wireless adapter.

So I would certainly not pay over $2500 for this new model.

Good - cheaper is always nice. :)

I'm probably going to get the Panasonic Blu-Ray player though, which is a tad annoying.

I've just recently ordered the PS50B650, best price i could get was $2700, went to alot of different stores, couldn't even get close to it aswell they told me to grab it,

I could get it cheaper online but if something happens, i can go directly to the store,

Just gotta wait for it now :(:(

Cheers Dalesy

$2700 is recommended retail as far as I know, it’s obviously not a good time to buy.

$2700 is recommended retail as far as I know, it’s obviously not a good time to buy.

Considering these screens havnt even hit the shops yet, I think you are right!

I wont put any money down until I can phisically see one and have a play with it.

There's RRP and then there's the price you walk out with a new unit with... :winky:

I've just recently ordered the PS50B650, best price i could get was $2700, went to alot of different stores, couldn't even get close to it aswell they told me to grab it,

I could get it cheaper online but if something happens, i can go directly to the store,

Just gotta wait for it now :(:(

Cheers Dalesy

Do you mind telling us where you got it for $2700, best I could get was $2800 from Harvey Norman Chatswood (both Myers and DJs have it and the 50G10A for $2804?

I assume the B650 is better than the A750. In what ways? I find the Samsung website difficult to ascertain such things.

How are people getting prices on the 50B650 when it's not out yet?

I wandered into a store today. Ended up finding 4 B650 TVs (the sales guy said they were the older model he'd been selling for a while). I though Samsung had a fairly straight forward range setup, but looking through this store (with series 4 through 7 on display) and 650's everywhere I'm guessing I'd better be careful about just what model I think I'm buying.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

The salesman are more than willing to take orders on stock that is not in yet :)

Do you mind telling us where you got it for $2700, best I could get was $2800 from Harvey Norman Chatswood (both Myers and DJs have it and the 50G10A for $2804?

The Good Guys in Nunawading, Melbourne... they have 7 on order and all sold,

CHeers Dalesy

Good Guys Auburn has a Samsung PS58B850 on display when I walked in there about a week ago, the salesman showed me that they had 21 of the PS50B850 on order but couldn't tell me when they were coming in.

Someone quoted delivery in mid-July but not exactly sure how accurate that is.

GG salesman was infatuated with the Samsung LED TV and kept trying to sell me that instead.

The Good Guys in Nunawading, Melbourne... they have 7 on order and all sold,

CHeers Dalesy

...and i sit here wondering why the prices are so high vs our American cousins.

STOP PRE-ORDERING PEOPLE! Supply/Demand dynamics and the low-ish aussie dollar mean we're getting a raw deal :(

Got the one and only PS50B550 in Canberra yesterday apparently!

I've put some impressions in the PS58B550 thread if you are interested here

Got the one and only PS50B550 in Canberra yesterday apparently!

I've put some impressions in the PS58B550 thread if you are interested here

I think they're full of crap. I think i've seen them in a few stores now.

The B650 is a mystery though, my local Myer only gets them as special order - which i find ridiculous because it's cheaper than the Pana 50G10 which they carry on the floor. Are Panasonic and Samsung locked in a battle for retail space, offering 'incentives' to stores to stock their product?

I saw on TV last week that supermarkets charge millions for prime placement of products in their store - maybe the big electrical outlets are doing similar deals? Anyone here work in management?

I have seen the Samsung 50 inch B650 at WOW, Rothwell next to the 50 inch G10 Panasonic and they are very close in terms of PQ. The ticket prices were 3k for the Samsung and $3300 for the Panasonic. I was set on the Panasonic as I have the 42 inch pz700, but I may be turned by the Samsung...then I saw the 55 inch Samsung LED and my eyes nearly popped out of my head - an awesome screen, but at $5400 I will have to see what happens with my tax return this year.

Just took delivery of the only Samsung PS50B850 Ultra Slim plasma that Good Guys Prospect had in stock. :D

Currently sitting in the box in the lounge room, can't open it for another 3 weeks though.

Just took delivery of the only Samsung PS50B850 Ultra Slim plasma that Good Guys Prospect had in stock. :D

Currently sitting in the box in the lounge room, can't open it for another 3 weeks though.

why can't you open it :o ???

The temptation would be too much for me! :rolleyes:

Maybe he is afraid that if it is exposed to the light it might swell up to a decent thickness. :D

why can't you open it :o ???

oh I've opened it just to inspect that there is no damage.

the fiancee and I are moving in three weeks. There's no point setting it all up and then repacking it again.

I'm in pain trust me! :P