Sign in to follow this  
jamie-w

Freeview For Souther Tassie

can anyone tell me what and when will this happen in southern tasmania

i know we dont get the 24 hour sports channel wich sucks but any help if anyone has an information

thanks jamie

Stop complaining. Apparently you guys get super fast broadband before the rest of us :):P

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Stop complaining. Apparently you guys get super fast broadband before the rest of us :):P

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Peter it ain`t happened yet and I am not holding my breath waiting for it (Seeing is believing)

can anyone tell me what and when will this happen in southern tasmania

i know we dont get the 24 hour sports channel wich sucks but any help if anyone has an information

thanks jamie

I wouldn't expect to see ONE HD until after the end of the AFL final series in September. WIN are already broadcasting the extra content from nine on channel 80 during the day. I,m not sure what Southern Cross seven are up to because they clearly now have HD encoders for both markets here in Tassie so why are we still putting up with that bloody loop?

I wouldn't expect to see ONE HD until after the end of the AFL final series in September. WIN are already broadcasting the extra content from nine on channel 80 during the day. I,m not sure what Southern Cross seven are up to because they clearly now have HD encoders for both markets here in Tassie so why are we still putting up with that bloody loop?

I'm surprised that Southern Cross seven and WIN haven't tendered for advertisers or anything as it would be costing WIN extra to take 9HD and the loop ain't bringing in any money!! Would like to see 7HD on lcn 60 and possibly 7SD2 when it starts on lcn 66, is that too much to ask?

I'm surprised that Southern Cross seven and WIN haven't tendered for advertisers or anything as it would be costing WIN extra to take 9HD and the loop ain't bringing in any money!! Would like to see 7HD on lcn 60 and possibly 7SD2 when it starts on lcn 66, is that too much to ask?

I don't know if you have noticed but they are all struggling to fill the ad breaks on their main channels at the moment so I think they would be have trouble getting advertisers interested in a second digital only channel. Just about every ad break has at least one community service announcement now. Their is barely enough room on the MUX for one SD and one HD Mpeg2 program stream so lets hope they stick to the current configuration and and not add another SD stream. They would be better off dropping the SD bitrate down close to 4Mbps and try and get the HD service over 16 or 17Mbps that would then give the HD service that wow factor on large screens.

dont worrie peter we will let you know how the super fast broadband goes

They would be better off dropping the SD bitrate down close to 4Mbps and try and get the HD service over 16 or 17Mbps that would then give the HD service that wow factor on large screens.

Which would service about 100 people nationwide, and of those, about 7 would even notice the difference, and maybe 3 might care.

They'd be better off thoroughly reducing the HD bitrate and having two decent bitrate SD channels.

Im with you locust - I find choice more important than HD bitrates. Quality SD channels on my 28 inch HD LCD look fine - I dont really notice the HD broadcasts being massively different to be honest. I do appreciate that people with larger tellies might find other though. But surely HD bit rates can be raised later when the spectrum is reallocated.

I'd much rather have more quality SD channels and more consumer choice.

Which would service about 100 people nationwide, and of those, about 7 would even notice the difference, and maybe 3 might care.

They'd be better off thoroughly reducing the HD bitrate and having two decent bitrate SD channels.

Im with you locust - I find choice more important than HD bitrates. Quality SD channels on my 28 inch HD LCD look fine - I dont really notice the HD broadcasts being massively different to be honest. I do appreciate that people with larger tellies might find other though. But surely HD bit rates can be raised later when the spectrum is reallocated.

I'd much rather have more quality SD channels and more consumer choice.

Of course it wouldn't matter with a 28inch screen, try watching it on a 110" then you'll see the difference. With the prices of excellent HD projectors coming down why not watch your favourite game or movie in HD on a BIG screen. My wife complains about watching a 32" screen!! lol!

To extend that train of thought then maybe we should go back to DVD or even VHS. Why bother with Blu-Ray??