Well... given that this part of the forum has quietly 'died' - fewer posts, and fewer people - there is at least some good news - with the $A getting close to US$1.05 today.

Might be time to suggest some gift certs on Amazon.... gee... how long is it to the Black Friday sales...... Black Friday in 2012 is on Friday, the 30th of November ...... ecck.. a long time yet :)

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... given that this part of the forum has quietly 'died' - fewer posts, and fewer people - there is at least some good news - with the $A getting close to US$1.05 today.

Might be time to suggest some gift certs on Amazon.... gee... how long is it to the Black Friday sales...... Black Friday in 2012 is on Friday, the 30th of November ...... ecck.. a long time yet smile.png

wow... almost a year since I posted in this thread....

and the $A peso is back up over $US1.05 again...... highest since Jan 2013...... might be time to consider some Amazon US gift vouchers........ for that usual BF 2013 sale spree !!

Edited by tonyjg

• 1 month later...

yep - just as I'm planning on heading to the USofA in 3 weeks time :( Given - there's not really much that I'd be buying there except far cheaper clothes. Blu bargains at B&M stores are extremely limited these days.

We can blame Swannie for the poor economy and budget 'fantasy' ! "yes... in 10 yrs time we'll be building that road !!"

Or ... I could hold off until Sept - Vegas in July and August is just too hot.

• 4 years later...

http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/currencies/is-this-as-good-as-it-gets-for-the-aussie-dollar-20170724-gxh9s9.html

Capital Economics economist Paul Dales said there were two main reasons he doubted the Aussie would maintain its lofty levels for much longer.

For one, the RBA was in no rush to lift rates given lingering uncertainties around the economy's strength.

Secondly, Mr Dales isn't convinced the recent spike in iron ore prices, which have shot up 25 per cent over the past month to $US67 a tonne, will last.

A drop back in the price of Australia's biggest export earner to around $US50 a tonne by the end of the year should weaken the Australian dollar, he said.

"The combination of those two developments may be enough to drag the dollar back down to $US70¢."

Hopefully this is after BF sales...

JSmith :ninja: