Sign in to follow this  
interceptor1503561690

Nintendo Dsi Wifi Usb Connector - Need Help!

Hi,

I just bought a nintendo wifi usb connector and have spent hours and hours trying to get the thing working with no success. I installed the software that came with it. The Nintendo DS communicates with the connector because i have to give it permission on the pic for it to connect its after that where it doesnt connect and an error comes up onscreen. I have to say that i am on dial up connection but was thinking this shouldnt be a problem from what i have googled. I then uninstalled the nintendo software and installed the BUFFALO drivers because this usb connector is a rebranded buffalo wireless keychain and then i installed the client mananger that is downloadable from the buffalo website. I then set the software to AD-HOC mode the DS then communicates with the connector but an error comes up saying no ip address..i then changed the setting on the pc to infustructure mode but i get an error in the software saying : failed can not find target...i have no idea with the settings or what to do and i was wondering if anyone cluey out there can help me get this going?? If not i will have to take this back..

cheers

So are you trying to connect to the inter through your PC's wirless card or direct with a wireless router?

So are you trying to connect to the inter through your PC's wirless card or direct with a wireless router?

neither, im trying to connect through the Nintendo USB Wifi connector, basically its a rebranded buffalo usb wifi keychain which can be set as an access point for the nintendo ds can access to get on the net.

Sorry, I misread your OP.

So you have the wireless adaptor plugged into a USB port on your PC, and you get some sort of error message.

What does the error message say?? Is the error message on your PC or on the Wii?

Sorry, I misread your OP.

So you have the wireless adaptor plugged into a USB port on your PC, and you get some sort of error message.

What does the error message say?? Is the error message on your PC or on the Wii?

I just updated the driver to the latest and got it working!! well sort of!!!! i have been mucking around with it im getting close though..if i turn the firewall off in windows and do a repair in the LAN settings it connects..ive narrowed it down to two things its either the firewall has to be off or the lan has to be repaired (refresh the settings) for it to work cause its on constantly now i just updated the firmware and got the browser..

Yeah, sounds like the firewall settings need to be tweaked to allow the Wii to connect through