Sign in to follow this  
jd71

Samsung P9 50 Inch With White Dots On Xbox

Hello

I have a Samsung P9 50 inch plasma, had it for a year and a few months, not a bad tv, but if I had the cash I would ditch it for one of those new 200hz Sony lcds!! Anyhow, back to reality..... When I play xbox 360 on it there are tiny white dots that shimmer on some parts of the screen at some different times. Its getting too annoying now so I remember there being some issues with this set discussed about a year ago. I dont know if Ive just put up with it this long or (more likely) that its developed it recently.

I am using the standard component xbox cable to connect to the P9. I know there were some issues with HDMI and white dots on this tv, but I thought they were only when using Full HD. SO I guess my question is, how can I be sure this is the common problem with this set and hence call up samsung support? I havent got a hdmi cable for the XB otherwise I would try that one for a change. I dont have any full hd gear to try it out like a BR player or something to see if that has white dots as well. Is there any other way I can check this fault?

thanks very much, have any of you guys upgraded after getting the P9?

regards

Justin

Bump!

Anyone with any details about the year old P9 Sammy? Ive been told that there are no parts for them anymore and they are offering refunds, can anyone else confirm any details?

regards

Justin

I used to have one before i moved to Japan. I had numerous problems with it including what you have described.

Your tv has warranty right? Why havent you just called up and got some techs out to replace your hdmi board (the thing that apparently causes the white dots)?

Im not sure if the parts have run out, would be good for you though then you can get that sony! Any other questions?

Bump!

Anyone with any details about the year old P9 Sammy? Ive been told that there are no parts for them anymore and they are offering refunds, can anyone else confirm any details?

regards

Justin

I used to have one before i moved to Japan. I had numerous problems with it including what you have described.

Your tv has warranty right? Why havent you just called up and got some techs out to replace your hdmi board (the thing that apparently causes the white dots)?

Im not sure if the parts have run out, would be good for you though then you can get that sony! Any other questions?

I have been told parts have run out on main board and hdmi board .

They also told me (rather than offered to replace) that they will refund my purchase price.

Apparently this is standard practice with Samsung.

Ditto on above....just get techs out before warranty runs out.

Will believe (and post to thread) when I have a cheque in hand.

Edited by KEF Ci2000

I had one of these TV's.. I think it may have been the same group buy that was organised through here.

Yup, it had these white dots on HDMI only, which I only picked up about 18 months after purchase after finally getting a few HDMI devices. After wrestling with the repair guys (3rd party, was out of Samsung warranty), they finally agreed it was a falt.. could not find the replacement board anymore, and hence it was classified as a "unrepairable writeoff", and I received a cheque for the purchase price from the warranty people. Used it to buy a brand new set, so it was a lucky win for me :)