Lg Lst-4100p Audio Issue On 10sd

Seems that channel 10 (SD) is dolby Digital and my STB will not process audio at that setting. I need to use the audio button and change it to MpegII audio. This is a new issue and used to work fine previously. My Son in Laws does the same. Could 10 when they changes 12 to Channel one have changed audio signal on channel 10 SD?

Dobly digital wouks fine on the other channels namely 90 and all other channels come up with audio either mpegI, Doblby Digital or Mpeg II.

Any thoughts why 10 now defaults to DD? Is there any way to get it to default to Mpegi or II?

The work around works but is a nuisance.

Any thoughts appreciated

tony

I thought TEN dropped the AC3 on its SD channel when One xx started and now only transmit MPEG L2 audio. Your STB may not have automatically updated its stream maps (not surprising really) and may need a 'rescan' to work normally again.

Good to hear. Its a pity that the government doesn't require STBs sold in Australia to actually follow the Australian standard. If it did then problems such as your audio problem simply wouldn't happen - ie, your STB would learn the change automatically.

The standard is under review but that does not guarantee that anything freeview has 'requested' will be made part of that standard, although you could be forgiven for believing otherwise by reading posts made by others. Given the extremely poor adherence to the standard by many STB manufacturers now I wouldn't hold my breath and expect future products to be 'fully compliant' in the future either.

As I've cautioned several times already, one should not rush out and buy new equipment before the standards have been penned.

Edited by DrP