• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure one of the guys here uses them. He lived in the UK for a while and still uses them even though he's returned. Partly because he has a redirect on his mail so isn't paying extra for international mail.

LOL first order that was in stock, smells of fishpond :rolleyes:

Hello Michael,

Thanks for placing your order with us at zavvi, order number xxxxxx.

We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

Trainspotting [special Edition]

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order.

You can check the status of your order by clicking on order tracking in your account pages.

Thanks for your patience, if you have any further questions please contact our customer services colleagues and they'll be happy to help.

Many Thanks,

zavvi Team

Received an email from Zavvi offering £5 off a couple of weeks ago.

There were no requirements for using the code, and I bought A History of Violence Blu-ray for £4.50 (£9.50 - £5).

Shipping was FREE at the time and I believe that hasn't changed. Expect shipping times similar to sites like DVD.CO.UK and THEHUT.

Overall, I was very happy with Zavvi and will definately use them again.

Zavvi are now owned by The Hut. Only a month or two ago they had gone into liquidation and were closing down.

Now that they are owned by The Hut then everyone should get their level of service and prices.

Dont be put off, they have some great prices. I have used them for a long time, back when they were Virgin Records.

neuty

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good so far. My first order took 8 days to get here, and they shipped it prior to release date.

They have probably the best prices about for new releases. And at the moment they have some 3 off 30 and 4 off 40 pounds that isn't advertised anywhere. Just found it by accident.

I'll keep using them

.... sadly... the new 'owners' of ZAVVI have REMOVED the COVER options - front and back - which if I am correct were the ONLY store in the UK that provided this ability. (like what DVDEmpire does). Checking out the back covers at least gave the ability to check / confirm what features were on the disc (unlike the often lack or incorrect data at other UK stores - such as Amazon - whom couldn't care)

with regards to trainspotting, im just a bit confused.

Amazon UK have it as pre-order and release date only as June 1st.

Whereas Zavvi says its already released on 30th march..

so, does Zavvi actually have it, or a mistake on their part ? it is afterall in their 'coming soon' section.

Edited by Rocean

with regards to trainspotting, im just a bit confused.

Amazon UK have it as pre-order and release date only as June 1st.

Whereas Zavvi says its already released on 30th march..

so, does Zavvi actually have it, or a mistake on their part ? it is afterall in their 'coming soon' section.

Yep, i still have it on order with them and have had numerous emails saying they are waiting for their stock, i think id trust Amazon more with the release date, loved this movie bring it on!

• 4 weeks later...
I bought a batch of BRs from zavvi for about 10 pounds each with free postage. Went back to the well today, but it seems they've caught on and are now charging 2 pounds something postage?

yes confirmed, was good while it lasted

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

So this has popped up at ozbargain http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/ultimate-acti...tml?affil=BUYAT

But it's gotta be hack or con right I mean all those blurays for just £10.85 nah they wouldn't honour it, surely

Just purchased on paypal.

:)

Anyone get a 10GBP saving offer on their first Zavvi purchase? I did following this order, but it's asking for credit card details & i'm suss (why wouldn't they just reimburse the cash into paypal??)..

Just purchased on paypal.

:)

Anyone get a 10GBP saving offer on their first Zavvi purchase? I did following this order, but it's asking for credit card details & i'm suss (why wouldn't they just reimburse the cash into paypal??)..

The same offer is available on the Hut I also ordered through Paypal(with the Hut) and got the savings offer but ignored it, I figure they won't honour it but may offer up a couple pound credit voucher for being morons.

It is odd. Seems legit to look at, but when something looks too good to be true, it normally isn't true. Strange though, if it wasn't for the fact I have them all on either red or blue, I would probably give it a shot.

I bought it before i'd even finished reading what movies it contained.. people on ozbargain were buying who didn't even have bluray players lol. It's definitely too good to be true but 10 pounds through paypal is a pretty small gamble to take. Not many gambles will give your money back if you don't win either ;)