Sign in to follow this  
brett174

Richter Krakatoa

I've been doing a fair bit of research on here but just wanted to get a bit of advice from you experts !!

Currently I have a very cheap 5.1 system. I orignally started out with the Yamaha YHT-195 5.1 system and then upgraded the front speakers to a pair of Yamaha NS-50 floor standing speakers. This setup has served me pretty well for the last 18 months but I've decided to upgrade the sub to something a little more powerful.

Anyway, I only want to spend a max of about $500. Would the Richter Krakatoa be the best sub for this price? I use my system 90% for movies and 10% for music. Cheapeast price I've been able to find is $579 in Perth, im hoping to be able to bargain them down to a bit closer to $500.

Would this sub give me the best bang for my buck and will it be suitable to use with my existing components?

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

What about a new Richter Thor IV PM SW 121 Subwoofer in either silver or black with a FULL 2 YEAR WARRANTY.

In Silver for $580:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RICHTER-SUBWOOFER-T...Z320352320532QQ

In Black for $600:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Richter-Thor-IV-PM-...emZ150333741424

Just a thought!

I've been doing a fair bit of research on here but just wanted to get a bit of advice from you experts !!

Currently I have a very cheap 5.1 system. I orignally started out with the Yamaha YHT-195 5.1 system and then upgraded the front speakers to a pair of Yamaha NS-50 floor standing speakers. This setup has served me pretty well for the last 18 months but I've decided to upgrade the sub to something a little more powerful.

Anyway, I only want to spend a max of about $500. Would the Richter Krakatoa be the best sub for this price? I use my system 90% for movies and 10% for music. Cheapeast price I've been able to find is $579 in Perth, im hoping to be able to bargain them down to a bit closer to $500.

Would this sub give me the best bang for my buck and will it be suitable to use with my existing components?

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I had seen those on ebay and they are an amazing deal for that price, but I think the Thor is just way too big for my lounge, it would be serious overkill !!

I've found 2 more places listed as Authorised Dealers for Ritcher so hopefully I can do it a bit more bargaining, it isnt easy in Perth though.