One Hd Program Guide

Hi,

Here is the program guide for the first week on ONE HD/SD in Sydney for Thursday to Sunday if anyones interested:

SYDNEY

PROGRAM GUIDE

Thursday 26th March 2009

06:00 am Countdown To ONE

COUNTONE

G Countdown To ONE

ONE will be available from 7.30pm tonight in High Definition on (digital)

Channel 1 and Standard Definition on (digital) Channel 12.

07:30 pm Welcome To ONE

WELTOONE

G Welcome To ONE

The sports television revolution is here! Welcome to ONE - launching

Australia's first 24 hour free to air sports channel. A television event not to be

missed.

SPECIAL EVENT

08:00 pm Swimming Australia Skins 2009

SWMA09/020 In a ONE HD Exclusive event, the Australian Dolphins swim team and

international invitees including Olympic gold medallists Oussama Mellouli and

Therese Alshammar compete for cash at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic

Centre.

11:15 pm AFL Premiership Season 2009

(Also airing on TEN)

AFL09/001R

CC Round 1: Richmond V Carlton (Replay)

Cousins v Judd - the ultimate blockbuster to start the new season with a

packed MCG crowd to see these former West Coast premiership teammates

do battle.

01:45 am Power Boating: F1 World

Championships

PBFO09/001

The F1 World Championship is the elite of high-speed water racing. The

thrilling action is only for the adrenalin junkies who can withstand putting their

bodies through the brain-numbing G-forces every time they step into the

cockpit.

02:15 am NBA 360

NBA09/045

G

A weekly basketball magazine show with news and highlights from the NBA.

03:15 am Slamball

SLMB08/001 Slamball is inspired by the strategies, aesthetics and pacing of video games,

where athletes fly higher and hit harder, performing feats that are part

basketball, football, hockey and gymnastics.

03:45 am NASCAR Nationwide Series Highlights

Hour

NWS09/039

G Round 4: Sharpie Mini 300 @ Bristol

Highlights from the previous round in America's Nascar Nationwide Series,

from Bristiol Speedway.

04:45 am World's Strongest Man

WSMA/001 Since 1977, the most powerful men from around the world have come

togetherhead-to-head, bicep-to-bicepto compete for the title of the MET-Rx

World's Strongest Man.

05:15 am ONE Moment

ONEMOM/001

G

Last Updated 06th Mar 2009 - 13:28 © Network Ten Pty Limited ABN 91 052 515 250

SYDNEY

PROGRAM GUIDE

Thursday 26th March 2009

05:30 am Tread BMX

TRBM09/001 Tread BMX is the world famous TV series featuring the very best BMX action

from around the globe.

SYDNEY

PROGRAM GUIDE

Friday 27th March 2009

06:00 am Mountainbike World

MBW09/001 Mountainbike World is an insight into the latest happenings in off-road biking,

whatever the discipline or style, but all combined in one programme.

06:30 am High Five

HIFI09/001 An edgy, character driven focus on Action Sports and off the wall pursuits that

dominate worldwide youth culture today.

07:00 am Motorsport: Race Of Champions

MROC08/001

G

Every year for the past 21 years, The Race of Champions brings together the

worlds best circuit racers and off-road drivers to compete head-to-head in a

shoot out to find Motor Racing's Champion of Champions.

08:00 am Motorsport: Raceworld

MSRW09/001 Raceworld takes race fans behind closed doors with special features on

drivers, lifestyles, circuits and race cars, as well as race reports, test sessions,

predictions and race reviews.

09:00 am Athletics: Sydney Track Classic

ATHL09/001

Sydney Track Classic

After the success at the Beijing Olympics, Australia's athletics team come

together for a two round Track Classic series in Sydney and Melbourne.

SPECIAL EVENT

10:00 am LIVE: Basketball: NCAA College

Regionals

NCAB09/003

Regional Semi Final 1 (Friday)

LIVE action as we join the Regional Semi Final stage of College Basketball's

prestigious NCAA March Madness championship tournament.

SPECIAL EVENT

12:00 pm LIVE: Formula 1 ING Australian Grand

Prix

FORM09/001

R1 Australian Practice

New cars, new teams and a whole new season kicks off in Melbourne with a

full day of Formula 1 action LIVE and Exclusive to ONE.

07:00 pm Sports Tonight

STOE09/001 Every weeknight join Brad McEwan for an exclusive edition of Sports Tonight

on ONE HD.

07:30 pm AFL Premiership Season 2009 (Rpt)

AFL09/001R

CC Round 1: Richmond V Carlton (Replay)

Cousins v Judd - the ultimate blockbuster to start the new season with a

packed MCG crowd to see these former West Coast premiership teammates

do battle.

09:45 pm NASCAR Sprint Cup With Marcos

Ambrose

NSC09/020

G Round 6: Food City 500 @ Bristol

Australian motor ace Marcos Ambrose introduces the highlights from the

previous Sprint Cup round including insights into his own form and race

performance.

SYDNEY

PROGRAM GUIDE

Friday 27th March 2009

10:45 pm Welcome To ONE (Rpt)

WELTOONE

G Welcome To ONE

Australia's first 24 hour free to air sports channel. A television event not to be

missed.

11:15 pm Basketball: NCAA College Regionals

NCAB09/004

Regional Semi Final 2 (Friday)

A triple header of today's NCAA matches from the Regional Semi final stage.

01:30 am Basketball: NCAA College Regionals

NCAB09/005

Regional Semi Final 3 (Friday)

03:30 am Basketball: NCAA College Regionals

NCAB09/006

Regional Semi Final 4 (Friday)

05:30 am World's Strongest Man

WSMA/002 Since 1977, the most powerful men from around the world have come

togetherhead-to-head, bicep-to-bicepto compete for the title of the MET-Rx

World's Strongest Man.

SYDNEY

PROGRAM GUIDE

Saturday 28th March 2009

06:00 am Power Boating: F1 World

Championships

PBFO09/002

The F1 World Championship is the elite of high-speed water racing. The

thrilling action is only for the adrenalin junkies who can withstand putting their

bodies through the brain-numbing G-forces every time they step into the

cockpit.

06:30 am NASCAR Sprint Cup Qualifying

NSC09/021

Round 7: Goody's Fast Relief 500 Qualifying @ Martinsville

LIVE and exclusive coverage of Qualifying sessions from Martinsville as the

Sprint Cup season continues for Marcos Ambrose and the rest of the field.

08:00 am Golf: WGC Accenture Match Play

Highlights

PGAW09/055

G 2009 Accenture Match Play Highlights

Highlights of the 2009 event which saw Tiger Woods return to golf, as well as

Aussies including Geoff Ogilvy, Adam Scott and Brendan Jones.

09:00 am Athletics: Melbourne Track Classic

ATHL09/002

Melbourne Track Classic

After the success at the Beijing Olympics, Australia's athletics team come

together for the second Track Classic of the season at Melbourne's Olympic

Park.

10:00 am Welcome To ONE (Rpt)

WELTOONE

G Welcome To ONE

missed.

10:30 am Xtreme Paintball: Beyond The Paint

XPBL09/001 The world's most outrageous, fun and fearless paintball players face off for

cash prizes, respect and glory.

11:00 am Drifting

DRFT09/001 High-powered motor sport action testing drivers' skill to control a car while it

slides sideways at high speed through a marked course. It is judged on

execution and style rather than who finishes the course fastest.

SPECIAL EVENT

12:00 pm LIVE: Formula 1 ING Australian Grand

Prix

FORM09/002

R1 Australian Qualifying

The Formula One season begins with live coverage from Albert Park,

Melbourne. Includes F1 Final Practice and Qualifying as well as the V8

Supercars, Australian GT and Formula Fords.

SPECIAL EVENT

06:05 pm LIVE: Formula 1 ING Australian Grand

Prix

FORM09/003

V8 Supercar Race - Exclusive To One

In extended coverage exclusive to ONE, the drivers from the V8 Supercars

take to the Albert Park racetrack.

07:30 pm AFL Premiership Season 2009

(Also airing on TEN)

AFL09/002

CC Round 1 - St Kilda V Sydney

The Saints host the Swans in Melbourne as first round AFL action continues.

SYDNEY

PROGRAM GUIDE

Saturday 28th March 2009

11:00 pm Formula 1 ING Australian Grand Prix

Highlights

FORM09/055

G Australian Grand Prix Qualifying Highlights

A one hour round up of today's F1 Qualifying session before tomorrow's first

race of the season at Albert Park in Melbourne.

12:00 am Basketball: NCAA College Regionals

NCAB09/007

Regional Semi Final 5 (Saturday)

The second day of Regional Semis features two of today's NCAA College

Basketball tournament.

02:00 am Slamball

SLMB08/002 Slamball is inspired by the strategies, aesthetics and pacing of video games,

where athletes fly higher and hit harder, performing feats that are part

basketball, football, hockey and gymnastics.

02:30 am NASCAR Sprint Cup Happy Hour

NSC09/022

Round 7: Goody's Fast Relief 500 Happy Hour @ Martinsville

After this morning's Qualifying session, the Sprint Cup drivers back up with a

Final Practice session in Happy Hour.

04:00 am Basketball: NCAA College Regionals

NCAB09/008

Regional Semi Final 6 (Saturday)

The second day of Regional Semis features two of today's NCAA College

Basketball tournament.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aah not another sports channel please.......... We allready have FTA channels where they do show plenty of sports right ? and also lots of sports channels on foxtel right ? what els to expect... I do not like much sports.. i can understand this nation is now desparate of sports.. sure its good but really it is a totaly waste of money flow if you can think that foxtel has 5 or so sports channel and now DTV sports channel and also local FTA channels apears sports on weekends...... If all these channels do the whole same thing... then it is 100% waste of money because foxtel and DTV ONE channel and your local FTA channels showing the same sports event you would go insane.

Why not built intertainment channels for example show a special channel on DTV where they show the oldern years like hey hey its saturday and or its a knockout or its the olympics in korea 1986 or something that was televise on channel ten over the years or channel 9..... the oldern years 24/7 on ONE instead 24/7 sports on ONE.

Im sure alot of woman like me would agree with me totaly..... enough is enough with sports as it is,.... what more do you expect... oh lets seee its going to be a saturday or a sunday weekend... wow soports on channel 7 sports on channel 9 and all and now sports on foxtel sports channels 24/7 and sports on ONE...... why so much ? it is a huge waste of space....

If only there was only 2 special dedicated independenly for 24/7 sports channel 2 special dedicated channels for sports.. then you wouldnt be going around and around to see sports channels...

Sorry im alittle anti-sports eprson.. i only watch opening and closing ceremonies... and im sick of these swimming sports champs and rugby and tennis....... Plus these ladie swimmers they look like a buch male figure... god they so huge laddies to be for a swimmer... I dont like huge ladies like that they look kinder males.

Sorry im alittle anti-sports myself... i geus some sports are fine but really discussions on making more sports channel is totaly insane...... isnt there allready ONE TEN channel on digital showing nascars and some sports?

Its not fair to just see sports on every channel you flick... Not many of us are into sports... so there for give us a fair flick and let us see some totaly 100% different stuff on DTV and where ever your watching.

What a crazy, long rant. What does there already being sport channels on Foxtel have to do with a free to air sports channel? I and pretty much everybody else I know don't have foxtel. Yes, there is already "ONE" Ten channel that shows NASCAR and some other sports. Surprise surprise, that is the channel that will become sport 24/7 on Thursday night. The fact that Ten has a sports channel may mean that on the weekends, if the sport their showing isn't on the anti-siphoning, they can show a non-sports program on their regular channel.

Since you didn't mention HD anywhere in your post I'm going to assume that HD doesn't apply to you. Therefore you will not be losing anything at all when ONE starts. There are many more threads about ONEHD & SD that you may want to read.

Edited by dunnas

What a crazy, long rant. What does there already being sport channels on Foxtel have to do with a free to air sports channel? I and pretty much everybody else I know don't have foxtel. Yes, there is already "ONE" Ten channel that shows NASCAR and some other sports. Surprise surprise, that is the channel that will become sport 24/7 on Thursday night. The fact that Ten has a sports channel may mean that on the weekends, if the sport their showing isn't on the anti-siphoning, they can show a non-sports program on their regular channel.

Since you didn't mention HD anywhere in your post I'm going to assume that HD doesn't apply to you. Therefore you will not be losing anything at all when ONE starts. There are many more threads about ONEHD & SD that you may want to read.

well said.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a giant step back for those who enjoyed watching Ten's normal viewing in 1080i ??

I am all for "ONE HD" but surely we need "TEN HD" as well????? :o

Edited by KEF Ci2000

Where have you been the past 6 months? Ever since Ten announced ONE, it was known by everyone that TEN HD was dead and the 200 page threads everywhere are from complaints about the loss of TenHD. It is a REAL shame, I watched maybe 80% of my TV viewing on TenHD, now it will be maybe 5%.

Regards

yea it was good watching smallville, dexter, ncis in HD. But now it will be all in glorious SD. The only good thing coming out of ONE is that we now have more variety of sports on TV.

EDIT: and half the people in Australia don't even watch sport!

Edited by sylarG

Not only in SD, but Ten removed the AC3 audio for the SD stream, so another cross, and the stupid white dots at the bottom of the screen in the viewable 576i area that Ten uses for signalling are there and damn annoying, and the bitrate for TenSD is pretty poor (Biggest Loser has been alternating between SD only and simulcast SD & HD the past few days, the SD version of it looks really cruddy, the HD version looks quite good, far less macroblocking with the HD version!)

Regards

You cannot satisfy everyone, i for one like maybe millions of other sports lovers are all for a sports channel. Hope the Nine Network would do something like that then i can watch all the NRL games replayed like fox sports does. I know my set top box will be on ONE HD for most of the time and the other would be ABC and NINE when the football is on thats all i care about..

Like i said... Foxtel has some what 4 to 5 or so sports channel 24/7 while FTA channels shows sports all weekend..... Why make more sports channels for free when foxtel has the whole package ideal for all sports fan ? yet you want it free then you cant go wrong with the local FTA channels won weekends with sports.. Its not like you must need a free channel dedicated to sports... Just because you think there is going to be real australian sports every day and night.... No dought.. its not like theres a match every single day and night and all...I dont no.. But now here comes ONE HD all sports..

We allready have loads of channels for sports.. Yet people complaint they wanted more sports channel by demand so there for foxtel creates more sports channel..... Now realise theres another reiduclours ONE HD all for sports..

Now hold on... as DTV came available.. not long ago HDTEN was to be classified as a half time all sports correct? for rugby and nascars and so on...

Geez if all channels in australia was to be all dedicated to sports.. then people like me who are not involved with sports then what els is new? nothing is new unless they change that.

Theres too much now and its getting rediculours to think enough is enough with lots of sports channel... I mean after all with 4 or 5 or so sports channel on foxtel.... its not like each channel is only dedicated to one type of sports.... believe me they mix it all up and regardless that channel to the ather does sports... they all doing the same sport style....

I dont no how many of you can agree with me.

But it would be so much fantastic for people to see a new channel something like GLassic TEN CHANNEL where they would show all reality tv shows and programes over the 70's 80's and 90's all shows like its a knockout...... how about hey hey its saturday... the while show.. and all.. just different stuff..

Doing different stuff for new channels will give great taste.. but seen mroe and more same sports channels been made.. it is like going over board and tip its beer on sore.

Sorry i am argueing about it..... theres nothing much but sports nominating the while australian tv networks wise,.

EDIT: i mean why on the first place foxtel wanted to create 4 ot more sports channels? Because people demand it...... so now your fetching free to air DTV ONE sports channel for free? i wonder how foxtel would think about that now.

Edited by maquiery

Sorry from the obove.. im just alittle bored anti-sports fan... Because there is more fun stuff to see and view rather then kicking a ball every channel you flick..

Aniways ONE HD the sports channel on free to air i bet all they going to show the most is just swimming... swimming... yeah more swimming,.

I know they also have ONE SD and ONE HD channel..

My screen is not a high definition it is almost but if i tune into that ONE HD it looks fantastic and superb... while the ONE SD channel looks real real bad and it looks like large pixel been spread... Even though my screen is mainly design to view fantastic SD channels... But it seems that HD channels on DTV looks far greater... Can anyone please explain why that is ? The screen i brought is a 48sizes... large lcd screen. And when i brought it... it wasnt 1080HD but its very close enough.. these very close to 1080 screens are mainly for best on all SD channels..

I just say SD sucks big time while HD looks superier on my screen.. Yet its not a 1080HD screen... so thats what im totaly confuse about.

yea i guess TV is only for sport now, and "channel BT" is for shows!

Yeah i know you want something far different then just that right? It would be nice if channel ten makes a new channel like 50years of CLASSIC TEN NETWORK where they show everydays all shows and reality shows like its a knockout show.... and all that... just intertainment stuff that we all used to see and watch years and years ago... a special channel specialy made for the wonder years where you get to see day and night old shows that took place on tv at the times...

yea it was good watching smallville, dexter, ncis in HD. But now it will be all in glorious SD. The only good thing coming out of ONE is that we now have more variety of sports on TV.

EDIT: and half the people in Australia don't even watch sport!

Yep you are correct... Im one of them who dont watch sports.. just opening and closeing ceremonies.... since they have all so many sports channel why not shove in the full replays of the year 2000 olympic games on that channel everydays.. at least it has shedule times.. because its not like there are live sports matches all over australia 24/7

Where have you been the past 6 months? Ever since Ten announced ONE, it was known by everyone that TEN HD was dead and the 200 page threads everywhere are from complaints about the loss of TenHD. It is a REAL shame, I watched maybe 80% of my TV viewing on TenHD, now it will be maybe 5%.

Regards

Sorry been in the HD DVD forum .....getting glorious 1080p for next to nothing!!!!! :lol:

I wont be suprise if another sports channel are on its way.... if it does... I can not believe networks in australia are just going over board when it comes to all sports..... its insane and allready is..... What more do you expect out of sports? you have sports on fta over the years.... you have sports channesl on foxtel.. what more do we all want?

If i did i could had turn that ONE HD channel into a cookery channel all about mothers who knows best how to cook a whole feast rather then swimming and seen large ladies that reminds me like a drag queen.

aniways sorry thats just my opinion. but good luck with your lots of sports channel where they are mainly broadcasting the same old stuff in the mix.

maqiery,

Broadcasting your dislike for sport is one thing, but deriding it in a manner that rivals a pompous, pretentious liberal's fulmination against conservatism is downright annoying.

I happen to hate the gynocentric programs that are commonplacen (IE. soaps fictional "drama" programs ang gossip/talk shos), but you don't see me ridiculing them. I'd have a damn good reason to argue against them as they seem to dominate terrestrial television. If you turn on the television between 6:00am and 6:00pm then you'll find a long list of women's and children's programming running concurrently over the commercial networks. Many of the prime time programs seem to be gynocentric too. For example, shows like Scrubs, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy are aimed at women.

What I'd like to see is a 24 hour documentary/non-fiction channel.

If i did i could had turn that ONE HD channel into a cookery channel all about mothers who knows best how to cook a whole feast rather then swimming and seen large ladies that reminds me like a drag queen.

Lifestyle programs are quite abundant on terresterial television. I don't see the appeal in them. I love cooking my favourite foods, but I don't want to watch people cook food that I cannot eat.

true sure.. But if you look at DTV in its perspective point of view.... you will notice that 80% of it all is like just mainly sports channels or at least repeats ONE HD.... the ather TEN HD and SD ONE and so on... Aniways too many repeats channels there.... very much waste of time.

I still like to now why the ONE SD is sooo poor ? My screen is design to view SD channels.. But instead ONE HD is the winner when it comes to picture quality.. The ONE SD looks read bad like large pixels when everything moves around the screen. Very poor plus the audio sounds deep on ONE HD while they shove the quality best audio onto ONE SD. Grrr i dont no why they mix things around.

I allways love the cooking channel. Theres nothing like that on DTV.... Wish we did.. Only A womans channel cookery tv where ladies like us shows the the guys how to cook the best way... traditional cakes.... donuts... how about large american pies and all that yummy stuff :)

but thanks for understanding my point of view... I just simply know DTV is allready over board and rediculours with its sports agender and excitement.. I also dont like how these sports swimmers says wow i cant wait for ONE HD. u get to see clearly how they jump into the water and blah blah blah.... Oh wait.. isnt all that old news ? we allready seen Olumpic sports transmited in HD for the creece olympic games and ather games.. so thats like we allready see what sports looks like in HD.

They only do it to make us feel excitement.. I geus thats what they get paid for to announce things like that.. you know its like telemarketing repeats the while old story.

like i said i dont like these huge ladies at the swimming pool.. they just look like males with that huge body figuire for been an extreme swimmer... just alittle turn off really.

S can you please tell me whats going to happen when channel 9 transmit live cricket matches ? are they going to shove it onto foxtel sports channel or ONE HD ? oh dont tell me they going to show it on channel 9 aah yes... while ONE HD is showing sports same time... and while thats been said channel 7 showing raceing cars weekend...... and geez perhaps its still the same sports event on foxtel sports channel.... if all this combine into a whole package.. wouldnt you think they all showing pretty much the same stuff aniways ? Its not like every 24/7 theres something different about sports..

Lets see ah mainly more swimming programes on ONE HD.

Aniways how comes they desided to make a sports free channel for when they allready show sports on local fta channels since like forever ? why make another one when its allready a big package on foxtel too ? thats why foxtel has the lot... and fta channels shows u the same

Sorry to be completely rude, but will you please just shut the hell up. You're talking complete nonsense, and in some of the most terribly written sentences ever to grace the internet.

true sure.. But if you look at DTV in its perspective point of view.... you will notice that 80% of it all is like just mainly sports channels or at least repeats ONE HD.... the ather TEN HD and SD ONE and so on... Aniways too many repeats channels there.... very much waste of time.

There will be one sports channel as of tomorrow. That is a little less than 80%. Showing sport on the weekend does not a sports channel make. There is no other Ten HD, just ONEHD now. ONESD is a SD duplicate of ONEHD for people without HD tuners. 7 & 9 haven't even announced their new channels, so while there are a few "repeat channels" as you call them this will not be the case come the end of the year.

I still like to now why the ONE SD is sooo poor ? My screen is design to view SD channels.. But instead ONE HD is the winner when it comes to picture quality.. The ONE SD looks read bad like large pixels when everything moves around the screen. Very poor plus the audio sounds deep on ONE HD while they shove the quality best audio onto ONE SD. Grrr i dont no why they mix things around.

The bitrate (quality) of all Tens channels had to be reduced so that they could fit another SD channel into their limited bandwidth. Your TV is not made to view SD channels either as you claim. If it is indeed an LCD then it is HD, just not Full HD (1080p). Even if it was HD at all it's still perfectly possible for the HD channels to look better on it because there is more to a high def picture than just more pixels.

I allways love the cooking channel. Theres nothing like that on DTV.... Wish we did.. Only A womans channel cookery tv where ladies like us shows the the guys how to cook the best way... traditional cakes.... donuts... how about large american pies and all that yummy stuff :)

Right, because teaching guys how to make cakes, donuts and pies of all things is just what's needed in this day and age. :rolleyes:

but thanks for understanding my point of view... I just simply know DTV is allready over board and rediculours with its sports agender and excitement.. I also dont like how these sports swimmers says wow i cant wait for ONE HD. u get to see clearly how they jump into the water and blah blah blah.... Oh wait.. isnt all that old news ? we allready seen Olumpic sports transmited in HD for the creece olympic games and ather games.. so thats like we allready see what sports looks like in HD.

Besides 10, which has been showing some NASCAR, NBA, NFL, Golf on their HD channel for the last year, the amount of sport on DTV is exactly what it is on Analogue. There has always been sport on most channels for a lot of the day during the weekends and little sport at all during the week.

They only do it to make us feel excitement.. I geus thats what they get paid for to announce things like that.. you know its like telemarketing repeats the while old story.

like i said i dont like these huge ladies at the swimming pool.. they just look like males with that huge body figuire for been an extreme swimmer... just alittle turn off really.

Why the hell do we care what you think about female swimmers? I think i'd rather be looking at them than people that are interested in an all Cakes, Donuts and Pies cooking channel. :huh:

S can you please tell me whats going to happen when channel 9 transmit live cricket matches ? are they going to shove it onto foxtel sports channel or ONE HD ? oh dont tell me they going to show it on channel 9 aah yes... while ONE HD is showing sports same time... and while thats been said channel 7 showing raceing cars weekend...... and geez perhaps its still the same sports event on foxtel sports channel.... if all this combine into a whole package.. wouldnt you think they all showing pretty much the same stuff aniways ? Its not like every 24/7 theres something different about sports..

Erm, just because one network decides to show nothing but sport on one of it's channel doesn't magically give them the rights to all sports that are owned by other channels. I can't understand the whacked out thought processes you seem to go through. ONEHD is channel Ten. If a sport is on their channel how could it possibly be channel 9 transmitting it? You know why lots of sport is shown by all channels over the weekend? It's because that's when it occurs. Please tell me how you think live cricket, V8 supercars and AFL would all be shown on the same channel, ONEHD, on a Saturday afternoon. The introduction of ONEHD & SD will actually increase your non sport viewing options, albeit not in great picture quality.

Lets see ah mainly more swimming programes on ONE HD.

Aniways how comes they desided to make a sports free channel for when they allready show sports on local fta channels since like forever ? why make another one when its allready a big package on foxtel too ? thats why foxtel has the lot... and fta channels shows u the same

You obsession with bringing what's on Foxtel into the argument is just incredibly annoying, and stupid. Ten do not own Foxtel. They are in fact a competitor. They are introducing a Sports channel to compete with fox and the other free to air networks. NOT EVERYBODY WANTS TO PAY FOR FOXTEL!!! I certainly don't

The best chefs in the world are men.

There are a few cooking shows on the Seven Network, Nine Network Australia and Network Ten Australia. For example, Network Ten Australia broadcasts "Ready Steady Cook" and "Huey's Cooking Adventures" each day between Monday and Friday. That's five episodes of each program per week. Nine Network Australia broadcasts "Alive and Cooking" each day between Monday and Friday. That's another 5 episodes. If you add in the cooking segments on "Better Homes and Gardens" and the women's morning talk shows that are shown on all three commercial FTA networks, then you'll see there is quite a few cooking programs on DVB-T.

Edited by A Man From Brisbane

Interestingly, it seems that ONE might be broadcasting different programs on its HD and SD streams on Friday night, at least in Melbourne.

Currently the yourtv.com.au program guide has the following:

ONE-HD:

7pm Sports Tonight

7.30pm AFL Football (repeat)

9.45pm Nascar Sprint Cup

ONE-SD:

7pm Powerboating

7.30pm Nascar Sprint Cup

9pm Golf