Current 50" Prices

Guest EZYHD

Guest EZYHD

Have neighbour who lives abroad most of the time, he wants a 50" Plasma (SD is fine), rather than searching thru numerous threads would like to know current brand name models and street prices.

Edited by EZYHD

Have neighbour who lives abroad most of the time, he wants a 50" Plasma (SD is fine), rather than searching thru numerous threads would like to know current brand name models and street prices.

Hi Foxy dont know if there ever was a SD 50" set. i think all 50's were 1368 X 768 from the get go?

Seen an NEC 50 advertised the other day for $18XX dont know if they are any good

Edited by achjimmy

The horror ! A 50" SD TV !!!!! Might as well ask for a 100" with an analog tuner ......

Back to the real world, JB had advertised a 50" HD Samsung A410 on its website for $1596. Because it's on their site, I'm sure JB will offer it for that much even in QLD. Sydney's post-negotiation prices will be lower, for sure.

That is HD, just not full HD.
Yep.

Depends on brands pretty much.

They can be had for under $1K but I would not touch them.

Around $2K should get you a good one. The Pio's are bound to be more.

Bit out of touch with pricing on these, these days.

I don't like the Samsung Series 4 plasmas. The blacks are worse than LCD, and it's a general disappointment of a panel because as a plasma it affects the entire picture quality.

I'd go around trying to find a Pana TH50PX80. Also LG's new low-end plasma line-up is due for release really soon (around a month or so) - model number is 50PQ20.

I don't like the Samsung Series 4 plasmas. The blacks are worse than LCD, and it's a general disappointment of a panel because as a plasma it affects the entire picture quality.

I'd say it's because the Samsung's screen has a glossy finish. Add the plasma screen's inherent reflective qualities to it and the overall PQ will go down.

I don't really notice any glossy finish on the Samsung S4 plasmas. It's their LCDs that are problems. I'm not sure if it even has a glossy finish on the plasma.

But anyone who sees a Samsung Series 4 plasma on display - either look at the letterbox bars if it has a DVD playing, or turn it off. A plasma should be pretty black - the Samsung is disgracefully grey. And not 'grey' as in LCD's glowing black - it's almost full-on grey. It's pretty shameful when just about any of the LCDs on the market at the moment have a better black than that plasma.

and you'll be able to let him know where to get the best cables :P

Guest EZYHD
You can do a search for wiki HD prices and you'll find the answers that you need.

Problem with most of these is they have no current purchase dates.

Dears:

I give you another information www.dvdhots.com

maybe you will fell crazy and keep a good mood

we would give you our best services and high quanlity

Sincerely

Anna

I fell crazy tonight after 15 melbourne cans. Wife was not in good mood and would not provide her best services in any quanlity.

Dears:

I give you another information www.dvdhots.com

maybe you will fell crazy and keep a good mood

we would give you our best services and high quanlity

Sincerely

Anna

Oh dear, I didn't know Anna Kournikova had stooped to this level !!!

oh dear, oh dear what have we here....

pan 50" not full hd plasma around $15-1600 full HD $2160 from Myer Brisbane - note they can organise delivery nation wide

I'm only too happy to help out fellow forum members with good prices unlike a select few who hang out on here and think they are too good

ps great cables foxtail and great service

Guest EZYHD

"pan 50" not full hd plasma around $15-1600 full HD $2160 from Myer Brisbane - note they can organise delivery nation wide

I'm only too happy to help out fellow forum members with good prices unlike a select few who hang out on here and think they are too good

ps great cables foxtail and great service"

Thanks Aussman.

Edited by EZYHD

I will make what some may think is a stupid statement but anyway :) i believe if your neighbour buys any of the major brands he/she will be happy, ie Pana,Samsung,LG etc,i have friends that have all of the mentioned in HD not full HD and all seem pretty good to me.So based on that i would tell them to look at price,warranty etc to make a decision.

Cheers Ryan

pan 50" not full hd plasma around $15-1600 full HD $2160 from Myer Brisbane - note they can organise delivery nation wide

ps great cables foxtail and great service

dad purchased the non full hd 50" not long ago...........very happy with it

I recently purchased a PN-58A650, fantastic picture when I put my custom settings in. The only problem is that the set resets it's self to default after about 45 minutes.

Has any one seen this before? Screen goes black then restarts in default.

PN58A650? what country did you buy that from?

The reason might be because it's on shop demo mode - it resets the settings for the pesky little twerps who think putting a TV on black and white through the settings is funny. Probably the same kids who come up with ridiculous photos on the display macs. Wonder if those kids realise that the machines reset themselves every day and we don't go manually deleting all their mess.