Foxtel Future Channels And Features

Guest melburn21

Guest melburn21

ok, so ive done some investigationing and i have found out a little bit about what is being planned at Foxtel. This info is extremely reliable. so sit back, and enjoy the following text....

where do i begin?? Foxtel will launch 3 new sport channels, 1 new kids channel, 3 new doco channels (including discovery turbo), 1 new lifestyle channel (to do with property).

the 'get started' pack will be getting 3 new channels PLUS Mtv, V2 and VH1 will be moving into it.

there will be 5 new HD channels, 4 of which will be HD movie channels. (showtime HD is a definite, plus some genre channels... eg; showtime horror) the final channel MAY be FOX8HD (but im not 100% on that 1)

IQ will become the standard Foxtel box.

you will be able to record programms by pressing a button when you see the add for it.

the EPG will expand to 28 days, with a special keyword search (eg. type in the name of a show and hit search)

box office movies will have to actual movie poster and trailer. plus a new layout to make it easier to use.

all this is expected to launch on OCTOBER 1st 2009

IQ2GO has been pushed back to 2010.

PLUS, within months, Foxtel will offer a $5 per month broadband service where Foxtel subscribers will be able to download Foxtel's most popular content off the net.

annnnnnnnnnd thats about all. Melburn21 out. :D

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so ive done some investigationing and i have found out a little bit about what is being planned at Foxtel. This info is extremely reliable. so sit back, and enjoy the following text....

Cheers melburn21 - all good news so far!

Hopefully this all coincides with launch availability of the new satellite as well :)

As a Lite user, I'm looking forward to HD more than you can imagine! (can't get any today :( )

Cheers,

Doc.

Edited by Dr. Smythe

Guest melburn21
Any idea on pricing though?

I don't see Foxtel giving us all this for the current pricing of the current HD Platinum pricing?

Awesome news though, and I LOVE the 28 day Planner! :D

i dont have much idea on pricing for HD. im pretty sure that get started will stay at $40 and platinum will rise to $110.

also i forgot to mention earlier that the bitrates on all channels will be improved... plus there will be 5 more +2 channels (one of which will be showcase...)

the info just keeps coming, lol

While mostly good news, I really think they need FoxSports HD2 !

Most of the HD ones listed above are not of any interest to me as I dont have movies channel or use boxoffice etc, but i can see why they would select them as revenue drivers.

Thanks for the info, keep it coming if more B)

p.s. If this is an October launch they must finally be confidence of a D3 launch soon(ish).

we've seen things like this before in here, we'll believe it if it happens.

where do i begin?? Foxtel will launch 3 new sport channels, 1 new kids channel, 3 new doco channels (including discovery turbo), 1 new lifestyle channel (to do with property).

the 'get started' pack will be getting 3 new channels PLUS Mtv, V2 and VH1 will be moving into it.

there will be 5 new HD channels, 4 of which will be HD movie channels. (showtime HD is a definite, plus some genre channels... eg; showtime horror) the final channel MAY be FOX8HD (but im not 100% on that 1)

you will be able to record programms by pressing a button when you see the add for it.

the EPG will expand to 28 days, with a special keyword search (eg. type in the name of a show and hit search)

box office movies will have to actual movie poster and trailer. plus a new layout to make it easier to use.

IQ2GO has been pushed back to 2010.

PLUS, within months, Foxtel will offer a $5 per month broadband service where Foxtel subscribers will be able to download Foxtel's most popular content off the net.

annnnnnnnnnd thats about all. Melburn21 out. :D

Guest melburn21
we've seen things like this before in here, we'll believe it if it happens.

this is not speculation. i have spent a long time gathering this info. and its not just what ive heard. ive seen it too. so believe it.

New channels, always a plus :)

4 HD movie channels, i think i will pass on that.

Was hoping for something a little different :(

There is really no reason to doubt this claim, it has been mentioned by Patrick Delany before.

I suggested that back before HD was implemented.

The notion that the IQ will be the standard STB without any added monthly fee did not go down very well with some people.

I think it is a great idea, the IQ platform has added much more value to foxtel for me.

Plus from foxtels side, only 13% of those with an IQ disconnect so they should see better customer retention.

I have been waiting for this to be added for such a long time, since the IQ was launched actually :D

Been waiting for keyword search too :)

Maybe tied in with the new satellite launch date, thats 4Q now isnt it?

Thanks for the great info Melburn21

Edited by loony

Guest melburn21
Unless you can provide real evidence, then I believe you're talking out of your ass.

yeah let me just pop you onto the phone with kim williams to confirm this leaked information you retard...

i have physically seen everything im talking about... so ill continue to provide actual fact and value to these forums and you can feel free to continue making yourself look stupid.

on another note, Foxtel's projected timeline to be mostly HD is around 2012 (even i think this is a bit generous)

also, the movie poster selection screen i was talking about in my first post will be called 'isuggest'

Edited by melburn21

melburn21 i think you are full **** man do yuo work at foxtel do you ?? prove who do you talk

Does it matter if he does?

i be calling foxtel tell them look at this thread and report you full of s*it

Nothing form what he has said is unbelievable

New channels will always come.

It has already been said that the IQ will be the standard box

I am pretty sure they have already said that keyword searching will be introduced

The only things which could not be guessed or has not already been mentioned at some stage is the ability to record a show when you see that ad and that the box office screen will be re arranged.

A 28 day EPG would be needed to record a show when you see the AD for it as currently shows are advertised more than a week in advance and you cannot record something that the EPG doesnt know about.

Edited by loony

So you've found out some information, have heard and seen some of it, yet you now say you've physically seen everything you're talking about?

Make up your mind and stick to one story instead of making yourself look like an idiot.

I love one of your quotes from earlier regarding some additional information you provided:

"the info just keeps coming, lol"

It looks so obvious that you're coming up with ideas that most people would like to see.

melburn21 i think you are full **** man do yuo work at foxtel do you ?? prove who do you talk

What a tool!!

How does this thread harm anyone?? Has melburn21 asked for a fee to tell you his info?? NO!! So get over yourselves you morons.

What's the worst that can happen out of this?? The info melburn21 has supplied is wrong? Wow big deal the sun will still rise tomorrow. And if it is true will you admit you were wrong?? I doubt it.

Either post something worthwhile or crawl back under your rock!!

What a tool!!

How does this thread harm anyone?? Has melburn21 asked for a fee to tell you his info?? NO!! So get over yourselves you morons.

What's the worst that can happen out of this?? The info melburn21 has supplied is wrong? Wow big deal the sun will still rise tomorrow. And if it is true will you admit you were wrong?? I doubt it.

Either post something worthwhile or crawl back under your rock!!

true may he is right or wrong don't know

Guest melburn21

to the haters...

You aren't going to get a reaction from me. I've supplied you with fact. And I'll continue to supply the info as it comes to me. You will see the $5 Internet pack launced by Foxtel within 2 months... Hopefully by then I will also know exactly what channels are being launched.

Till then, continue being a dick :) peace

to the haters...

You aren't going to get a reaction from me. I've supplied you with fact. And I'll continue to supply the info as it comes to me. You will see the $5 Internet pack launced by Foxtel within 2 months... Hopefully by then I will also know exactly what channels are being launched.

Till then, continue being a dick :) peace

do you work at foxtel