My Experience Of Pangoo Tv's

Why does a TV even require "installation" ? It's the late 80s/early 90s all over again, when a PC had to be "professionally installed" and vendors changed a separate fee for that. At this rate, one day - we will pay for a special driver to "install" a car in our garage and a "professional" to "install" shoes on our feet !

TV's need to be installed because not everyone can mount a TV onto a wall with concealed cabling. Obviously you can, I suppose you perform your own dentistry and prostate exams?

Every forum has a big mouth who thinks her knows everything and shouts down anyone who disagrees, I see that you are that person.

I won't bother you again, I'll go back to the pro forums and leave you 'enthusiasts' to your discussions of where to buy the cheapest HDMI cables......

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't bother you again, I'll go back to the pro forums and leave you 'enthusiasts' to your discussions of where to buy the cheapest HDMI cables......

If the pro forums (whatever) are into Pangoo - i'll stay right here thanks!

Cheers,

PanProey

TV's need to be installed because not everyone can mount a TV onto a wall with concealed cabling. Obviously you can, I suppose you perform your own dentistry and prostate exams?

Every forum has a big mouth who thinks her knows everything and shouts down anyone who disagrees, I see that you are that person.

Something doesnt add up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would people buy a shyte tv and require professional wall mount, LOL :lol::lol:

Where is this proforum I want to learn about pang00000000 tvs.

Cheap & Nasty Pangoo TV: $1399

Pro Forum Subscription: $200

Pro Install $4299 (Dentistry & Prostate Checks - on the house!)

Copping a Bagging on DTV: Priceless :D

Unless hes a white van subsidiary - that aint a good deal!

Cheers,

Bitey

Edited by Mr.Bitey

I can only imagine the sheer amount of conversation in regards to Pangoo sets would overwhelm the 'pro' forums. I mean why would 'professionals' want to discuss Panasonic, Pioneer, Sony etc when you can talk all things Pangoo? :D

LOL Pangoo

• 4 months later...

All,

I realise that Pangoo splits people into two groups on this forum. Although only a first-time poster, I've read the various threads and could not see reference to something of note on the Pangoo website which may benefit others like me who seek product information. I was very interested in the Pangoo 32" LCD TV with inbuilt DVD (LT32S19) because of the USB functionality. There's not much in the way of alternatives for being able to plug a USB stick in a TV and play an AVI straight from that. I'm happy with the resolution of the displayed images - tried it in Clive Peeters - so would purchase the Pangoo because it meets the criteria of (1) being a satisfactory image, (2) being a satisfactory price, and (3) meeting my needs with USB input for AVIs.

However, it does not meet my needs on warranty. Although the 3 year warranty is a generous period, from 1st July 2009, the inbuilt DVD player component (which includes the USB input) is specifically excluded from the warranty. See http://www.pangoo.com.au/NewsView.aspx?id=8 for verification of this warranty change. It severely damages my faith in a company when they sell a TV/DVD combo yet exclude one half of the componentry from the warranty - sorry, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Hope that's of use to someone when researching which TV to buy/avoid.

MQ007.

Edited by mq007

• 5 weeks later...

With regard to Pangoo not giving a 3 year warranty on TVs that have inbuilt DVD players, who would? Some kid sticks a piece of toast in it or 3 DVDs like a slot machine and you wanna claim warranty on it? No way. Once you add a coinsumer operated moving part, anything can happen.

I have noticed Pangoo in Clive Peeters in Moorabbin, that joint does itself no favours by showing standard def TV all day. More sales people than customers between 12 and 3 when I have a look each week. Ive been the only person looking at TVs 13 times out of 14.

I can honestly say the Pangoo 50" 1920x1080 is a class above the rest. It may be the in house tweaking of the settings, who knows. Pangoo is clearer and sharper than the rest. When I asked the salesman what they had in full HD Plasma, he said LG and Panasonic, didnt mention the Pangoo that is on display as ex stock.

If the Pangoo was tweaked to look better than the rest, surely he would have pushed me in that direction.

The Pangoo website is very good in detail of who and how and why. Reminds me of LG in their early days and Ive never had a dud LG product. It clearly states why it has chosen Australia to kick off its overseas expansion. Nothing startling, just what we all know and I will quote their site:

Why did we choose Australia as place for Pangoo’s global launch?

All new global brands have a beginning and somewhere has to be first… More seriously, the long standing strength of the China/Australian business relationship was a key factor in our careful decision. Simply put, these two nations understand each other and it is clear at national and at personal levels that great friendship exists – in spite of cultural differences. Australia is an excellent place for such new branding. The Australian market is regarded by many as the best place in the World to launch new brands and new products. It is highly sophisticated market with strong legal protections and systems along with a well educated customer base and suitable population size. Following early successes in Australia, THTF has plans for the launch of the Pangoo brand in Europe in 2010 in North America in 2011.

Every man and his dog uses Oz to test market products. whre else can you find a 1st world country with our consumer laws and standard of living in such a large place with only 22 million people? We are savvy buyers too. If your business plan works here, it wil work anywhere.

The 3 year warranty is also a plus. How can leading brands offer a 12 month warranty on a product costing over 3 grand let alone 2.

Im yet to have a good look at Samsung. I love my sammy 24" monitor, over 12 months, not one dead pixel and didnt I worry about all the negative Samsung posts re dead pixels.

So in the next few weeks, a miracle will have to happen or it is seriously looking like the Pangoo for me.

I should add, that I am quite willing to pay up to 3500 for a full HD Plasma if it has the best picture. I just want it for TV and DVDs.

Now should I buy a Pangoo, and it fail me, believe me I will be deadly on it.

The only thing worrying me is it is new, but they are huge in China, make all sorts of things that are world class, just a brand of THTF. Their venture into TV.

another quote:

Pangoo has strong R&D support by China's leading high-tech company THTF(Tsinghua Tongfang) Co., LTD and 2,000 experienced engineers and designers from china's NO.1 university Tsinghua university and around the world.

THTF is engaged in information technology, energy and environment industries. IT businesses include information systems, application systems, digital television systems and Internet application.

Australia was the first western country to adopt THTF's nuclear container inspection scanners THSCAN, which now account for 70% of the world market.

Once you add a coinsumer operated moving part, anything can happen.

I can honestly say the Pangoo 50" 1920x1080 is a class above the rest. It may be the in house tweaking of the settings, who knows. Pangoo is clearer and sharper than the rest. When I asked the salesman what they had in full HD Plasma, he said LG and Panasonic, didnt mention the Pangoo that is on display as ex stock.

the long standing strength of the China/Australian business relationship was a key factor in our careful decision. Simply put, these two nations understand each other and it is clear at national and at personal levels that great friendship exists

To answer these 3 points :

1) I agree with you on the subject of consumer-operated moving parts (anything can happen hence no need to offer warranties). Car makers must be doing all kinds of weird drugs to offer 5 year warranties on a consumer-operated moving part that weighs over 1.5 tons ! I will call them up and ask them to refrain from doing so because the vehicle can go horribly wrong thanks to the one loose nut who is behind the wheel .... or in your case, behind the keyboard.

2) "Pangoo is a class above the rest". Yeah, right !

3) The long-standing understanding and personal friendship between Chinese business and some Aussies is VERY clearly outlined in your post. Sadly, the press doesn't think so and hence, are busy wasting their time talking about the fake allegations levelled against Rio Tinto by some Commies who couldn't buy it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
I just bought the LT-32S500F on ebay and im using as my pc monitor and for gaming it is AWESOME ill update when i scan the channels in and watch some teli on it.

how much did you get it for lenny?