'searching For Listings'

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

My Foxtel box (Cable) is able to receive all channels, but it takes a while for it to pick up the listings when scrolling through the channels. It just sits in the EPG for about 1 minute before showing the listings (says 'Searching for Listings') and takes about 30 seconds before it shows the show information. I am unable to scroll through the channels and see what is on- I have to change to that channel and wait ~10 seconds for the next program in the schedule to show.

Has there recently been a software upgrade? I've been experiencing this problem for about 2 weeks.

Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

My Foxtel box (Cable) is able to receive all channels, but it takes a while for it to pick up the listings when scrolling through the channels. It just sits in the EPG for about 1 minute before showing the listings (says 'Searching for Listings') and takes about 30 seconds before it shows the show information. I am unable to scroll through the channels and see what is on- I have to change to that channel and wait ~10 seconds for the next program in the schedule to show.

Has there recently been a software upgrade? I've been experiencing this problem for about 2 weeks.

Thanks!

Not for a minute but definately for a few months now mine does that as well. Probably sticks like that for around 15-30 seconds. Couple of times I have

pressed a number of buttons in frustration and it re-boots itself :)

then little while later its going fine.

This has been a problem for a while, and it is really annoying me.

But the title of the thread is wrong - it should be "EPG fails to refresh" or "further schedule information is not available".

The EPG fails to display immediately. Workarounds listed in this forum seem to range from complete reboots to scrolling through the channels (which seems to refresh the EPG).

An earlier thread blamed possible software upgrades being performed by Foxtel, but I'm not so sure.

I strongly believe this problem started with the introduction of HD.

I am not sure whether they have reduced the bandwidth the EPG is transmitted on.

But because this problem seems to come and go, I suspect it co-incides with the transmission of a box office download to the iq2 hdd.

But they have definitely changed something, because for years the EPG has worked perfectly, and now it screws up every few days or so.

Edited by John G