Sign in to follow this  
PLANT

Pioneer Pdp-lx509a Best Price

cyber, retail is 6500 - you're offering just a bit more than 50% of the full rrp, so nup. TV margins aren't as high as that.

Pioneer haven't completely stopped it yet so I see no need to offload it at a massive markdown and make zero or negative profit.

Also I got a sniff today that Myer might be bringing more LX509s in.

Well then, (given the prices stated in this thread), what price are you looking for?

You can't expect buyers to do anything other than low ball you

I have the KRP 500A - I wrote about it in the review section.

Not bought locally... just got it in a moment of madness on my travels :)

Super PQ...

Hey,

Has anyone heard the romour of the 4 new modals Pioneer are brining out in April?

http://www.slashgear.com/pioneer-confirm-k...-april-2438679/

Does anyone know if they are comming here or if its true?

Regards

Well whats the difference between that and a KRP500M vs PDPLX509A ?

Well whats the difference between that and a KRP500M vs PDPLX509A ?

KRP500M is thinner and doesn't have an inbuilt digital tuner.

You can do a search on AV forum UK for some additional features which the KRP 500a has.

Pure cinema springs to mind.

Looking for more points of difference between the 500A and the PDP-LX5090, one of the main things is a new AV Optimum mode that uses an optical light sensor to automatically adjust the screen's picture settings according to the light conditions in the room and - get this - the colour characteristics of the ambient light around the screen.

Or see this review:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2...in-Plasma-TV/p4

Verdict

Provided you're feeling flusher than most right now, all you need to know about the 500A is that it actually outperforms even its own sensational LX5090 sibling - and in doing so can justifiably claim to make the best better. In fact, I might even go so far as to call the 500A a Christmas cracker were it not very likely that Riyad would sack me for my trouble.

Edited by petetherock

KRP stands for Kuro Reference Plasma

Its not the slim form factor that attracts me , more so that they have less PWM noise than the LX509's

they've been out for a few months now

stands and speakers cost extra though

Phil Hilton reviewed them on the UK forum: practically perfect grey scale , Red, green Blue tracking and Gamma out of the box (in Pure mode)

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Pioneer-KRP-500A-Review.html

The Lx 509 doesnt have a pure mode though they can still be calibrated

Edited by williamtassone

Looks like you'll miss out on a 509/609 if you don't buy soon. It might even be too late...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/24/pioneer...-you-should-bu/

Yea ive been trying to get one and it hasnt been easy. I've just been to Myer, DJ, Bing Lee and Harvey Normal in Sydney and no one seems to have the PDP LX509A in stock :angry: Myer only has the 60" screen in stock.

Now im thinking if i should wait for the 10th gen instead!

Yea ive been trying to get one and it hasnt been easy. I've just been to Myer, DJ, Bing Lee and Harvey Normal in Sydney and no one seems to have the PDP LX509A in stock :angry: Myer only has the 60" screen in stock.

Now im thinking if i should wait for the 10th gen instead!

The only thing 10th gen is going to be a Panasonic, because Pio are quitting the Plasma business. Why didn't you ask to put one on order or was that not an option at any of the retailers?

The only thing 10th gen is going to be a Panasonic, because Pio are quitting the Plasma business. Why didn't you ask to put one on order or was that not an option at any of the retailers?

Some of the stores said no, so i didn't bother asking the others. But just now i thought might as well try one more store, so i just called up Bing Lee and YES, finally, they can order one in for me. They are offering me around $5700 and i asked them if they can do it for a cheaper if i come in with cash. So he told me to go in and discuss. :D

Hmm.. hows $55xx in cash?

Some of the stores said no, so i didn't bother asking the others. But just now i thought might as well try one more store, so i just called up Bing Lee and YES, finally, they can order one in for me. They are offering me around $5700 and i asked them if they can do it for a cheaper if i come in with cash. So he told me to go in and discuss. :D

Hmm.. hows $55xx in cash?

For cash you should be able to bargain them down to under $5000, did you try Clive Anthonys at Castle Hill in the homemaker centre they are sourcing me a 60" panel hopefully if not it will be May at the earliest

I ordered my Pio LX509 3 weeks ago now. Do you guys think that i'll still be ok to receive this now that Pio have stated that they're shutting down the Plasma production in April? Would the panels being shipped to Aus already be made and would we just be waiting on them getting here now you think? I'm a bit worried that my order won't be filled now.

Hey a shop in Sydney has it for lx509a for 4,999 ( in stock). Is that a good price, do you think it will come down in price later?

Hey a shop in Sydney has it for lx509a for 4,999 ( in stock). Is that a good price, do you think it will come down in price later?

Mate, you're lucky to find a place that has one in stock. I would snap it up even if you're only thinking of buying one. The are going to cease making these panels in April. Doubt they'll get any cheaper.

R u serious? Mind telling me where? Do they have more than one in stock?

Hi,

Just bought today a LX509A for $4250. I hope this is a good deal and even better tv.

Just bought today a LX509A for $4250. I hope this is a good deal and even better tv.

Congratulations on that. Mind if I ask where from?! I might upgrade my LX508 with a price like that!

Hi,

Are you sure it wasn't the C509 model? The cheapest i've heard a LX509 go for is around 4600 so to see it go that cheap i'd be thinking it's probably the C model. Especially since these are going to cease being manufactured in April.

Also did you get one new in box or are they going to order one? They might have just taken your money knowing they couldn't fill the order. Which retailer did you get it from if you don't mind me asking?

Same, i find it hard to believe anyone could get a brand new LX509A in the low 4s. I'm really interested to hear where this person got it from.

most definatley is a LX509A and it is a new one in a box. I purchased it from Clive Peters Loganholme QLD. They are even sending it up to a closer store for me to go and pick it up.

Hi All,

For the guys in Melbourne, Give Harvey Norman a call at QV in the city.

LX509 NIB for $4500, and that 100% the LX model, went in there myself and the guy showed me on his POS screen, his cost was just over $5k on it. I think they just want to clear them out.

Anyway for my needs I bought the Samsung 46" series 9 LED LCD instead for $3870, from elsewhere.

This was about a week ago though, not sure if they will still have them but worth a try...