Sign in to follow this  
PLANT

Pioneer Pdp-lx509a Best Price

Just went in to Myer City Melbourne and the guy was a bit clueless, but he said it was a 50/50 chance he could get stock in and that I had to call him in 2 or 3 days to find out. Price quoted was $5499. Think i'll go somewhere else and see what they say...

I can't blame you... his attitude is disgraceful. It is the role of the salesman to call YOU. That is what used to be known as service. Where do these guys get off today, asking a customer to call them?? People complain about car salesman, but I'm yet to find one who expects me to call them back!!!!!!

Walked into Harvey Norman on Warrigal Rd this afternoon, asked the nice salesman for a price. He offered $5.9, but then asked if I'd like a better price and by how much. Told him $5100 to match JB and he could have my plastic. Walked out 10 mins later with a recepit for $5100, 10 - 12 days delivery (waiting on some speakers from Pio??) and a happy sales guy. Easiest deal hes done I reckon.

Wow. Ok i'm really surprised, but it seems that I have secured a LX509 from HN for $4750. There is no stock but they said within 3 - 4 weeks I should have one which is ok because i'm not in a hurry. I'm really surprised going by what everyone had said here about HN. Anyways, i'm over the moon at the price. The girl who took the order over the phone said it was under cost and she didn't know how they were doing them at that price but she did it anyway and I gave a $500 deposit over the phone! :D

Good luck to everyone else!

hobey, some salespeople are 'creative' (either intentionally or unintentionally) about cost prices to get the sale. No surprises there.

OK, I did my phone calls and now I'm a bit amused and annoyed.

Myer will not be getting more stock of the LX509 and LX609 beyond what is already communicated to team members (for NSW/ACT, that means the only LX509s and LX609s remaining are in-store stock and display units as the warehouse and its allocations have been completely exhausted - can't say for other states).

Had a chat with Pio, for some reason they indicated that Pio will be shipping out stock in mid-May (which makes the 3-4 weeks a bit interesting for you hobey) and that they were still willing to accept orders, but Myer won't or can't get anymore. I can't really figure that one out.

So there you go ladies and gents - my research is done. It's going be sad when it comes to selling off our display LX609 - such a beautiful panel, and I have only just got the managers to turn the stupid light above the TV off to show off the blacks...

Wow. Ok i'm really surprised, but it seems that I have secured a LX509 from HN for $4750. There is no stock but they said within 3 - 4 weeks I should have one which is ok because i'm not in a hurry. I'm really surprised going by what everyone had said here about HN. Anyways, i'm over the moon at the price. The girl who took the order over the phone said it was under cost and she didn't know how they were doing them at that price but she did it anyway and I gave a $500 deposit over the phone! :D

Good luck to everyone else!

Great deal!

Which HN?

Chadstone. They were really friendly and willing to give me a good deal, which really surprised me! I just told them that JB had given me a price under 5K and he said ok we don't have any, but we have some coming in and I can do one for $4750 if you leave a 10% deposit. So i caved and handed over the plastic.

Edited by hobey123

Myer will not be getting more stock of the LX509 and LX609 beyond what is already communicated to team members (for NSW/ACT, that means the only LX509s and LX609s remaining are in-store stock and display units as the warehouse and its allocations have been completely exhausted - can't say for other states).

So this means stocks of Pioneer Plasma's have now dried up?? Just when I was considering if I could afford the extra $$$ to go to Pioneer since Panasonic seem unable to fill my current order. Wonder if the 3-4 weeks to fill Pioneer orders are going to be like the 3-4 weeks I was told when I ordered my Panasonic, which has now turned out to be about 4 months and it's still not even definite if it will be supplied.

Ring Pioneer. The lady on the phone gave me an indication of which stores to go haggle at and she had information on what stores would be getting models delivered soonish. Even though the guys at HN told me it would be 3 - 4 weeks. I'm thinking it might be next week when I get it, if the info the Pio lady told me is correct.

I have decided to buy the LX509 and was planning to pay cash and was looking to buy it around August. By the sound of it i will miss out if i wait that long.

So now i am thinking of doing something i hate........ interest free from Harvey.

So what the best price i can expect for a 12 month interest free purchase of this TV

I would say about 5400-5500 if you're lucky. Most retailers don't even discount RRP on finance, but just ring up and see.

I was afraid I'd miss out too, that's why I bought now. Most retailers indicated that their stock had dried up and had none on order. I also get the feeling that these won't be discounted like the 508's were at end of life. I'm thinking these will be popular right to the end and retailers will just sell them at full price knowing that people wanting them will just pay that much or miss out. Just my sentiments.

Edited by hobey123

Most retailers indicated that their stock had dried up and had none on order. I also get the feeling that these won't be discounted like the 508's were at end of life. I'm thinking these will be popular right to the end and retailers will just sell them at full price knowing that people wanting them will just pay that much or miss out. Just my sentiments.

+1

Interesting that Pio told me last week that they expected stock to last until September.

From everything that is being written, it looks like stock is already short.

+1

Interesting that Pio told me last week that they expected stock to last until September.

I'm going to ring Pio directly and confirm this tomorrow. I don't want HN to say they could get one for me and then pull out at the end saying they couldn't. I'll post my results tomorrow.

+1

The term "stock" has several meanings.

Current Australian "stock" is pretty much exhausted with more "stock" on the way from Japan.

Overall Pioneer "stock" is expected to run out by end of September worldwide.

This is quite normal.

Guest EZYHD
I'm going to ring Pio directly and confirm this tomorrow. I don't want HN to say they could get one for me and then pull out at the end saying they couldn't. I'll post my results tomorrow.

Good idea, wouldn't want to finish up like the Panny buyers of recent times some waited months.

Ok I just got off the phone with Pioneer and they seem to think that there is no stock available in Vic nor will there be any stock until mid May. This is purely going to be a filling orders type deal she said and she doesn't think you'll find any spare stock lying around in stores. My advice to all of you that haven't put your order in is do it now or you might miss out. She said they've been extremely popular and that's why there is such a wait on these at the moment.

So looks like i'll be waiting another 6 weeks at least :(

Ok I just got off the phone with Pioneer and they seem to think that there is no stock available in Vic nor will there be any stock until mid May. This is purely going to be a filling orders type deal she said and she doesn't think you'll find any spare stock lying around in stores. My advice to all of you that haven't put your order in is do it now or you might miss out. She said they've been extremely popular and that's why there is such a wait on these at the moment.

So looks like i'll be waiting another 6 weeks at least :(

Join the club! No sympathy here I'm sorry.

Look at it another way - it will be worth the wait!

Just checking if $4000 flat for the C509 is a good price? (I assume the stand comes included?). The cheapest price I've seen was around $4300 (or there abouts) in JB last weekend.

Andy.

Overall Pioneer "stock" is expected to run out by end of September worldwide.

The one thing I don't understand is that Pioneer could continue to produce the 9 series and sell many units far past this date. They could continue to seel this model for a couple of years and people would still buy them.

Just checking if $4000 flat for the C509 is a good price? (I assume the stand comes included?). The cheapest price I've seen was around $4300 (or there abouts) in JB last weekend.

Andy.

Which store & city? I have seen $4400 here in Perth as the "best i can do" reply from JB.

The one thing I don't understand is that Pioneer could continue to produce the 9 series and sell many units far past this date. They could continue to seel this model for a couple of years and people would still buy them.

Hey Mick,

I agree totally.

The only thing I can think of is that Pio stopped G9 production with every intention of moving production to Panasonic.

Then Panasonic started shutting down its factory and sacked 15000 staff.

I don't think even Pio were prepared for the demand this would cause.

Clive Peters at Auburn nsw has the 508LX ticketed at $4299. Ticket said 24 months interest free.

No idea what cash price would be, was there 20 minutes and all the salesman where busy so i left.

One would think at this price it may be display stock, planning on going back tomorrow to see if i can talk to a salesman

You'd want to get the display model for about 3.5K or so. That's what they were going for new before they ran out last year.

I saw a 42"xda at Domayne Castle Hill for $1998 display model only they are closing down their electrical department over the next 2 weeks so go there for a bargain

They also have a Panasonic 103" for $79999 what a bargain

Anyone know what stock availability of the C509 is like in Perth? More to the point any stock with Myer?

I have pretty much given up on a $4000 price for the LX509 (they will all be gone by the time prices get down to that )

Will the C509 be got at that price.

Cheers

My understanding is that here in Victoria Myer won't be getting any more LX509's, at least that is what I was told by 2 stores. I was even offered a floor model at the Myer City store. The C509 however seems to be available for the mean time and Myer did say they had those, but whether they'll be ordering them in or just selling stock they have already i'm unsure.

My advice to you is buy it regardless of price if you really want this tv (LX509).

I read somewhere that someone had a price of $4300 on the C509, so maybe that should be the price to aim for.