Pioneer Pdp-lx509a Best Price

Hey Hobey,

Glad to see you finally got your new panel.

You think it looks good now - wait til you get a few hours on it :)

Cheers, BtB

Thanks Bruce. It just looks so amazing already i can't even imagine what it will be like after a few hours.

Any suggestions on settings?? At the moment i have it on game mode and lowered the contrast to about 20. Haven't changed any other settings yet.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hobey123' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:38 PM' post='134063

Any suggestions on settings?? At the moment i have it on game mode and lowered the contrast to about 20. Haven't changed any other settings yet.

Congrats on the lx509 hobey im in envy you because i myself am waiting on the same model from chaddy, so far 4 weeks have felt like months.

Just hope they come through with them cause nothings ever certain when a display is in such high demand, fingers crossed. Is there a specific reason you are running the tv in game mode?

A mate of mine had his lx calibrated from Aaron Rigg of Avical and was told to just leave the telly in "standard" mode without backing off the contrast for the first 100-150hrs.

Reducing the contrast in plasmas during run in prolongs the time it [run in] should actualy take, your in no way hurting it by doing that but its just that it will take you a little longer getting there.

Anyhow enjoy..... :D

Edited by didi71

Hi Laurie

Do you think it's worth calibrating the C509 Panel?

I'm not even sure if it can be calibrated.

Cheers

Jelliemillie

I believe it can but to be sure ring Avical 03 9437 2941 don't forget it's not only the panel that gets calibrated but whatever is connected to it

cheers laurie

I have a brand new LX509 coming to my place on Wednesday. Originally I was looking for the KRP500 but it turned out one brand new LX509 was there for the taking. I am told it's one of the last in Australia. I paid $5300 delivered, $500 of that is tax. The KRP was about $500 extra. LX comes with 5-year warranty and all that. Again, brand new panel. Where did I get it? Well I dug and dug and dug until I hit gold. Happy to share my resources if people are still in need. Am an original owner of an LX608 but had boatloads of problems with it back in 2006 when I got it through a group buy on this forum. Returned the 608 after four replacements! Hoping my new LX509 gives me nothing but joy. Will report back on Wednesday when she arrives. The rep I got it from thinks I've got the last new LX509 in Australia. Could he be right?

Edited by sjvilla79

I have a brand new LX509 coming to my place on Wednesday. Originally I was looking for the KRP500 but it turned out one brand new LX509 was there for the taking. I am told it's one of the last in Australia. I paid $5300 delivered, $500 of that is tax. The KRP was about $500 extra. LX comes with 5-year warranty and all that. Again, brand new panel. Where did I get it? Well I dug and dug and dug until I hit gold. Happy to share my resources if people are still in need. Am an original owner of an LX608 but had boatloads of problems with it back in 2006 when I got it through a group buy on this forum. Returned the 608 after four replacements! Hoping my new LX509 gives me nothing but joy. Will report back on Wednesday when she arrives. The rep I got it from thinks I've got the last new LX509 in Australia. Could he be right?

Brilliant mate! Congrats, it'll be worth all the hard work and searching around when you get this baby. Mine is unbelievable!

Let us know how you go with it!

I believe it can but to be sure ring Avical 03 9437 2941 don't forget it's not only the panel that gets calibrated but whatever is connected to it

cheers laurie

Thanks Laurie

I will make the call to Aaron.

By the way I was at Melb City Myer.They had an LX509 , that a customer had not picked up.

The salesman offered it to me for $5xxx, he said it is in the system under a customer , so you have to go in and ask.

Cheers

Mannie

Hi gavin

As I said earlier, if you really want this TV badly enough then you will have to Harass and haggle really hard and be prepared to do alot of leg work.I did quite a bit but soon realised I could not justify even $4800 as some of the guys were getting earlier this year so I went for the C Panel.The salesmen know they have the upper hand .......let the games begin.

So it's up to you to work out what you are prepared to spend and go for it.

Best of luck.

Cheers

Jelliemillie

What are the main differences between the C and LX panels, its quite a bit more expensive.

What are the main differences between the C and LX panels, its quite a bit more expensive.

good question. Supposedly older 08 model panel with new processing in c series. I am led to believe you will be happy with either.

cheers

James

If you can find one, whatever they ask for it???????

50" too small for you now?

cheers

James

Thats what I guessed!!

Yea the 50 is tad small now. I think it shrunk!. I have looked at every other plasma/LCD around and nothing comes close to the LX. If I can't get a 60 I will be staying with the 50. No point going bigger if I am going backwards in pictue quality.

JP.

Thats what I guessed!!

Yea the 50 is tad small now. I think it shrunk!. I have looked at every other plasma/LCD around and nothing comes close to the LX. If I can't get a 60 I will be staying with the 50. No point going bigger if I am going backwards in pictue quality.

JP.

I am sure the pioneer is the best you can get at the moment but be careful comparing them in the shop. They always look so bad, particularly in places like JB.

cheers

James

There's an LX509 on display at Joondalup JB HiFi for $5996: obviously a very few still floating around. The price ticket mentioned 5 year warranty. I can't afford it, so didn't enquire further.

Why not make them an offer at a lower price who knows they may want to get rid of it quickly :D

cheers laurie

Anyone know what a good price on a 609 would be??

I got a 1 week old Demo from Jbs for $8300 no delivery, no installation but still got the standard 5 year warranty. These are a huge screen, I had the 50 inch Pioneer but that is in the bedroom . The blacks on this screen are well "Black". great panel.

for those of you still looking and can wait, i rang pioneer and asked if there were anymore coming in to australia....she said you can order them through jb hifi and harvey norman, but won't arrive until september.

Edited by tk80

for those of you still looking and can wait, i rang pioneer and asked if there were anymore coming in to australia....she said you can order them through jb hifi and harvey norman, but won't arrive until september.

Only 5o inch or does it includ the 60?

• 3 weeks later...
Is anyone interested in a lx509a for $5.5k? Ive got one brand new in the box, if someone is interested. Reason for sale, I'm considering buying the 60inch version at the moment..

Regards,

Albert

You have obviously found a new 60" version to buy?

HN at Moore Park has one.

cheers

James