Pioneer Pdp-lx509a Best Price

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

For the guys in Melbourne, Give Harvey Norman a call at QV in the city.

LX509 NIB for $4500, and that 100% the LX model, went in there myself and the guy showed me on his POS screen, his cost was just over $5k on it. I think they just want to clear them out.

Anyway for my needs I bought the Samsung 46" series 9 LED LCD instead for $3870, from elsewhere.

This was about a week ago though, not sure if they will still have them but worth a try...

Wish you'd mentioned this a week ago lol.

No luck, they're all sold out now and won't take orders.

most definatley is a LX509A and it is a new one in a box. I purchased it from Clive Peters Loganholme QLD. They are even sending it up to a closer store for me to go and pick it up.

Pretty sure you just bought a C model. Twice I just called CP (2 diff stores) and they have the C model in their system as the LX. As far as they knew they couldn't even get the LX model and never stocked it. That is in Melb anyway. So hopefully it IS a LX, but most likely not.

Good luck.

Edited by hobey123

i will check tommorow. What is the difference between the c and the lx509a?

LX509 is the Gen 9 panel, 5 year warranty, 5 times darker blacks than Gen 8, Speakers located on the sides of the panel.

The C509 is a Gen 8 panel with Gen 9 engine, 3 year warranty, 20,000:1 contrast ratio, speakers located on the bottom of the panel.

LX509 is the Gen 9 panel, 5 year warranty, 5 times darker blacks than Gen 8, Speakers located on the sides of the panel.

The C509 is a Gen 8 panel with Gen 9 engine, 3 year warranty, 20,000:1 contrast ratio, speakers located on the bottom of the panel.

Plus the LX509 has ethernet, usb and home media gallery.

Edited by brucethebear

No it just means it will come with a table top stand. If you want to mount it on the wall, just buy a plasma mount from someone like Selby.

$6k is a bit exy for the 509 at JB especially when compared with $9k for the 609.

Edited by Shonky*

No it just means it will come with a table top stand. If you want to mount it on the wall, just buy a plasma mount from someone like Selby.

$6k is a bit exy for the 509 at JB especially when compared with $9k for the 609.

thanks shonky.

i was thinking of just getting a wall mount from JB as well. is there anything special about a Selby wall mount?

cheers

mark

thanks shonky.

i was thinking of just getting a wall mount from JB as well. is there anything special about a Selby wall mount?

cheers

mark

I did say "someone like Selby". The difference will be minimal if any except for the price. The JB might be marked at $199 or $299 or something whereas the Selby Acoustics one will be more like $60-$80 for a basic tilt only version. You also get a discount from this forum. I think DTV01 is the code.

Ah yeah. That would be it. I've used it couple of times I think although in the end I spent enough that I got the 20% off anyway.

If you are interested in wall mounting Mark, I just saw the Wall Mounting 101 thread rise to the top today. Definitely worth a read if you are going that way.

IS the Pioneer Pdp-lx509a better or worse then the SONY BRAVIA 55IN XBR SERIES LCD KDL55XBR45 , as I need to buy the better one and they are about the same price.

Who knows which is better?

Depends on what you're looking for and where you're wanting to put it.

The Sony is a LCD and better for lighter environments. They say with the LED backlighting that the blacks are much better on these panels, but I still think in comparison to the kuro's the level and detail of dark scenes would not be as good.

The LX509 is a plasma and are usually better for darker environments or in areas with no direct sunlight. If this is your situation, then it's fair to say that the LX wins out against pretty much any panel on the market. These are widely considered to be the best panels on the market as has been stated by various review websites and TV experts.

Edited by hobey123

Guest syelaw

Gents

My first post, just wanted to say, i picked an LX-509 up for $4,500.00 at Harvey Norman in the QVB Melbourne. It was a display model, but it was proved to me it had only been in display for under 4 weeks. There is not a mark on it. This was the last one in the shop they had, i was very lucky.

I am completly delighted, i wanted the 5080 so badly, but missed out when they went down to $4,000.00 at JB and was gutted. So to get the 509 a matter of months later for only $500.00 more i think is a brilliant deal!

Getting it delivered tomorrow, i can't wait! B)

Edited by syelaw

$5,079 at Clive Peeters Belrose.

They matched and beat a price offered to me at Myer Brookvale yesterday. Good luck finding stock though. Pioneer are getting their next stock in May.

Just an update.

Clive Peeters rang on Tuesday and advised that Pioneer were unable to supply any further LX509's and refunded my deposit. They advised that Pioneer had told them that they couldn't say when or if they would be receiving further stock.

Highly pissed off, I hit the phones and managed to secure a LX509 from Clive Anthony Castle Hill for the same price (last one!!!!!) with delivery confirmed for tomorrow.

Sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways :D

$4500 is a great price for the LX509.

I will purchase a KRP500M next week. Going shopping Monday. :D

Is it unreasonable to expect around $4500 for the KRP500M considering both are have the same Pioneer RRP?

$4500 is a great price for the LX509.

I will purchase a KRP500M next week. Going shopping Monday. :D

Is it unreasonable to expect around $4500 for the KRP500M considering both are have the same Pioneer RRP?

I would say no way you would get a new one for that. Especialy now the new RRP is $7,199.

A demo. one possibly.