Pioneer Pdp-lx509a Best Price

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi JJay.

Nice to hear you also got a great price...Would you have the receipt handy to email to me and Tuan?

Hi - are you guys still interested in me emailing the receipt?? It's just we are in the middle of moving house and everything is everywhere. So please let me know if you're genuinely interested and I will definately help you guys out!!!

Tuan,

I think you should edit your email address else the spammer bots going to target you.

Thank you Johnn,

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on how to use certain function within this forum.

How do I edit my previous post to hide my email address to avoid spamming - Thank you and really appreciate your help.

Thanks for the email.

The problem I have now is trying to find one in stock, calls to MYER & Harvey Norman have been unsuccessful and the only place I have found the Plasma to be in stock is selling them @ $5,300.

The stores I have called is MYER Sydney City and HN Alburn.

Any ideas?

Just went in to Myer City Melbourne and the guy was a bit clueless, but he said it was a 50/50 chance he could get stock in and that I had to call him in 2 or 3 days to find out. Price quoted was $5499. Think i'll go somewhere else and see what they say...

Guest EZYHD
Just went in to Myer City Melbourne and the guy was a bit clueless, but he said it was a 50/50 chance he could get stock in and that I had to call him in 2 or 3 days to find out. Price quoted was $5499. Think i'll go somewhere else and see what they say...

Sounds like he was clueless on both counts! :D .

Smart move Pioneer, make this model rare to find then retailers don't have to discount much off the RRP.

Why is that a smart move... :huh:

Pioneer won't make any more from it, it's all retail margin isn't it?

Why is that a smart move... :huh:

Pioneer won't make any more from it, it's all retail margin isn't it?

The margin varies from reseller to reseller so by controlling supply they have some control over the end cost to the Consumer and therefore maintain the "value" of their Brand.

DJ's cost price doesn't enable them to reduce their RRP for the LX509 below $6499 (Pio recommended) while the cost paid by Myer enables them to reduce their standard price to the Consumer to $5999. Clive Peeter's cost price (I've learned today) is $5K.

Pioneer has pitched themselves as a premium supplier of many products so to reduce prices would damage their Brand.

Rang another Myer today. They don't have a clue there. I was told they probably won't be getting them back in because it has nothing on their system. The only thing they have stock of is the C series. :S Looks like Myer might not be the best place to go at the moment. Could you shed any light on this situation Shadowspin?

Rang another Myer today. They don't have a clue there. I was told they probably won't be getting them back in because it has nothing on their system. The only thing they have stock of is the C series. :S Looks like Myer might not be the best place to go at the moment. Could you shed any light on this situation Shadowspin?

Try Clive Peeters. They have no stock (no one does as far as I can tell) but will order it for you with delivery in May.

Ok so i spoke to Pioneer directly. The woman told me that they are actually coming in next week to some retailers! She told me to try JB or HN and gave me a few stores to try that i'm assuming have been allocated stock. Also told me DJ might have some, but the main ones to try were JB and HN. This is in Victoria mind you. I can't speak for other states. So i'll try my luck tomorrow and see how i go on pricing.

Craft: I also tried CP today and they also had no clue about the LX, they said they could get the C in and that $5K was an extremely good price for the C and 5K for the LX was pretty much not possible.

Anyways, see how i fare tomorrow and let you know.

Ok so i spoke to Pioneer directly. The woman told me that they are actually coming in next week to some retailers! She told me to try JB or HN and gave me a few stores to try that i'm assuming have been allocated stock. Also told me DJ might have some, but the main ones to try were JB and HN. This is in Victoria mind you. I can't speak for other states. So i'll try my luck tomorrow and see how i go on pricing.

Craft: I also tried CP today and they also had no clue about the LX, they said they could get the C in and that $5K was an extremely good price for the C and 5K for the LX was pretty much not possible.

Anyways, see how i fare tomorrow and let you know.

Interested to see how you go

HN advised me that they don't sell Pio at all as "they have withdrawn from the market". JB advised no stock and were only willing to deal if they had stock. DJ's also advised no stock and not willing to order in. Myer advised no stock but would order in.

The price I received was a price match while Myer had their sale on (finished Monday) with a further $20 off to "beat" the Myer price. JB indicated they would also match/beat the price as long as they had stock.

I purchased mine from CP in Belrose here in Sydney. Beat the price without reservation and ordered same in after they had spoken with Pio about stocks.

JB Hifi Adelaide have it listed for $4499 in their latest catologue. They didn't mention a model no. but Im assuming its the C509?

Yeah, JB (unlike Myer) never include the model no. in their catalogues - keeps you on your toes when price matching.

Interested to see how you go

HN advised me that they don't sell Pio at all as "they have withdrawn from the market". JB advised no stock and were only willing to deal if they had stock. DJ's also advised no stock and not willing to order in. Myer advised no stock but would order in.

The price I received was a price match while Myer had their sale on (finished Monday) with a further $20 off to "beat" the Myer price. JB indicated they would also match/beat the price as long as they had stock.

I purchased mine from CP in Belrose here in Sydney. Beat the price without reservation and ordered same in after they had spoken with Pio about stocks.

Interesting. <_< I was in HN in Adelaide (the store off rundle mall) They had the LX509 and C509 side by side. It was the only place I have ever seen them together to be able to compare. My local HN had the LX509 on display last night. Both had limited stock.

Talking to Pio yesterday, they expect stock to last until September. They also said that demand was very high.

Personally, I think they will be long gone before then.

Gday all, people in Melb S.E try this . Harvey Norman Chadstone ( the old MYER Megamart ) have both the C 509 and the LX509 IN STOCK as at Wednesday 11-03 . They are on display side by sde also with a place reserved for the LX609 when their stock of that finally arrives all 3 of them, minus one, mine. So only 2 609s to come in. Whilst haggling, i querryed the price on the LX509 and was told $4980 however taking into consideration i had already purchased 2 other Pioneer screens within 15 months an XDA 428 and a LX508 and the salesman is my preferred go to guy. But if you don't ask you won't know. B.O.L. And for those wondering, the 428 was purchased for my parents and the lx508 will either go into the dining - rumpus or bedroom. Sitting 5 meters back was the choice for the 609. Hope this helps.

Edited by Anden

Haha Pio stock - isn't that funny..... old model went out, there was a shortage. New model comes in, there's a shortage. And they're pulling out...

JB and Bing lee are the ones that spring to mind regarding catalogues - they're absolute pricks for not putting model numbers in. You need to be very cluey to figure out which model they're advertising just from specs and a crummy black and white photo.

For C509 and LX509, for those who see a picture or display, just remember the C509 has the speakers on the bottom, and the LX has side speakers.

In terms of stock, it's interesting. At Myer, there's a communication regarding the 609 that's not very optimistic, but the 509 there's nothing. Will place a few phone calls today and let you guys know what's happening.

Despite what CP says, below $5k for the LX is very realistic. Heck I've done one for quite a few hundred below that. Maybe CP want to tighten their belts and up the margins because sales have dropped? Interesting to hear that HN pulled out already? Talking about premature... should give AMI a ring :P

bruce - when I last heard from Pio, they were expecting these to last till October.

For C509 and LX509, for those who see a picture or display, just remember the C509 has the speakers on the bottom, and the LX has side speakers.

....unless you go to one of the Brisbane HN's. My local has the LX509 set up with speakers underneath. :lol: I had to send photo's to my rep, because they didn't beleive me.

Shadow - regardless what Pio have said, what is your gut feeling as far as stock levels are concerned?