Pioneer Pdp-lx509a Best Price

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just a note to all retailers out there:

I'm in the market for a NEW LX-509A and am prepared to part with $2,500.

Of course the warranty is now...only 6 months right..if that?

Pioneer shut up shop.

You can contact me on this site.

Pioneer shut up shop.

Plant, is your aim here to bump up your thread count? :D

plant is a moron indeed, he wants to pay 2.5k for my near new lx508, i told him hes dreaming let alone a lx509

We have the LX509 for $5449.00 at the moment at BPP Cheltenham the C509 is selling for $4499.00

regards

Rob

Edited by crumpet

Good to see all the retailers united on this blog hey!

This Aussie battling consumer getting a hiding.

Can someone please tell me why everyone is so keen to pay a high price for their Pioneer?

Edited by PLANT

You're not battling you're trolling. I'm more than happy to pay a high price for my pioneer so that I can look down my nose at Panasonic owners and know in my heart that they're only second best.

PS at the moment I am a Panasonic owner, can't yet justify the Pioneer.

BUT I am not gonna jump up and down and raise a stink over their price like you seem intent on doing.

Good to see all the retailers united on this blog hey!

This Aussie battling consumer getting a hiding.

Can someone please tell me why everone is so keen to pay a high price for their Pioneer?

Why do people buy Bimmers and Mercs, cause they can. its just a great set at a high price point (I drive a Honda but have a Pioneer be it the XDA).

I don't mean to be rude PLANT, but as I ask my dealers in the tyre business to say, and as I would put if I was selling TV's...

"If your customer has a Chinese budget, sell him a Chinese TV... If someone really wants a quality product, they will pay the price of quality because the real value to him will be picture quality and longevity over many years!"

I had to retire my Loewe CRT after 15 years fault free service. It outlasted, a Philips and a Panasonic that preceded them and both died before their time.

PLANT, I've been enjoying my LX508 for 2 months already :) and you missed out on the deal when they were down under $4k... what are you watching, a blank wall? :P

Aldi are always having sales...bring a trailer and buy 3 or 4 and you'll still be ahead of us, when the 1st one breaks, chuck it and rip the plastic off the 2nd one and then repeat for 3 and 4....all the while smugly telling yourself "I showed those clowns on dtv who knows what about hi end hifi stuff"..."now where's my new hdmi cable I bought from the $2 shop??"

So anyone other than Crumpet got a lower price on these antiques?

As I have had no responses is anyone buying these?

Makes you wonder if the price is too high?

i'll sell you a 509a for 2500.....in 5 years when i replace it

2500 in 5 years will probably be about right aswell

Pioneer shut up shop.

Pioneer will honour all warranties.

From Pioneer's Website:

http://www.pioneer.com.au/sitecore/content...arrranties.aspx

Pioneer have reported higher demand following last weeks announcement, expecting to sell out by years end.

Doesn't look like your $2500 LX509 will happen.

I can Help there Jey

509C : Full HD ,9th gen panel and software, 20,000:1 contrast (like last years LX-508), On Board HD Tuner, 3 years Warranty, comes with 1 speaker on bottom and stand, RRP $5499.00

LX-509:Full HD ,9th gen panel and software, 100,000:1 contrast, On Board HD Tuner, Network Port for Media streaming, 5 years Warranty,comes with 1 speaker on both sides of panel and stand, RRP $6499.00

LX-509:Full HD ,9th gen panel and software, 100,000:1 contrast, No tuner, Greater Calibration controls for perfect calibration, 5 years Warranty, does not come with speakers or stand, designed for those who want a calibrated monitor rather then a tv. RRP $6499.00

hope this helps, sorry if i missed something

regards

Rob

LX-509:Full HD ,9th gen panel and software, 100,000:1 contrast, No tuner, Greater Calibration controls for perfect calibration, 5 years Warranty, does not come with speakers or stand, designed for those who want a calibrated monitor rather then a tv. RRP $6499.00

Assume you mean KRP500M here? :)

Edited by andym

509C : Full HD ,9th gen panel and software, 20,000:1 contrast (like last years LX-508), On Board HD Tuner, 3 years Warranty, comes with 1 speaker on bottom and stand, RRP $5499.00

Hey Rob,

One question - are you sure that the 509C is an 9th gen panel?

My Pio rep told me it is a 508 panel (hence the lower contrast), with 509 electronics (tuner, processor, gui) minus a few bits, like ethernet, usb, home media gallery.