2009 Afl Broadcast Guide

G'day benjamin92,

No worries, It's something that's into it's 3rd year I think, something I thought of to keep everyone informed with the AFL broadcasts around Australia each week

The Premiership Season though, I normally do those Thursday afternoon or evening, so it gives the TV networks time to finalise their broadcasts like what happened the other week with last minute additions for some matches

I would have imagined that before Austar, that News Radio was your source of AFL coverage

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day benjamin92,

No worries, It's something that's into it's 3rd year I think, something I thought of to keep everyone informed with the AFL broadcasts around Australia each week

The Premiership Season though, I normally do those Thursday afternoon or evening, so it gives the TV networks time to finalise their broadcasts like what happened the other week with last minute additions for some matches

I would have imagined that before Austar, that News Radio was your source of AFL coverage

Hey McD

Saturday's Carlton-Geelong game is a native Fox Sports broadcast? Any reason why Seven is then taking it into all markets? This seems very very strange!

Hey McD

Saturday's Carlton-Geelong game is a native Fox Sports broadcast? Any reason why Seven is then taking it into all markets? This seems very very strange!

G'day DansDans,

It was listed in the NAB Cup Fixture which was released some time ago now, that this match was going to be shared between the two broadcasters

As a guess, probably to allow everyone to catch the Semi Finals on Free To Air, instead of just getting one game, which Ten have

G'day,

Got some late information here, which isn't confirmed for either market that is listed

Friday Night's match is listed in Victoria's Green Guide as a 7:30pm start on Ten, The AFL site still insists on a 30min delay

Saturday Night's match is listed for Tasmania and Darwin on the AFL website as a 7pm and 5:30pm start on Southern Cross, respectively, despite the online guides saying it's 8:30pm for each market

G'day,

Got some late information here, which isn't confirmed for either market that is listed

Friday Night's match is listed in Victoria's Green Guide as a 7:30pm start on Ten, The AFL site still insists on a 30min delay

Saturday Night's match is listed for Tasmania and Darwin on the AFL website as a 7pm and 5:30pm start on Southern Cross, respectively, despite the online guides saying it's 8:30pm for each market

Noticed that on Yahoo7 tv guide, i wish sctv wouldn't change there times so much! So that meens SCTV at 7pm & TDT at 7.30pm, Grrrrrr!!!!!

Noticed that on Yahoo7 tv guide, i wish sctv wouldn't change there times so much! So that meens SCTV at 7pm & TDT at 7.30pm, Grrrrrr!!!!!

G'day Alista,

Saturday Night is a Channel Seven match, this week, Friday Night is a Channel Ten match, so TDT won't be doing any AFL on Saturday Night

Friday Night though, 7:30pm for SCTV and 8pm for TDT

G'day DansDans,

It was listed in the NAB Cup Fixture which was released some time ago now, that this match was going to be shared between the two broadcasters

As a guess, probably to allow everyone to catch the Semi Finals on Free To Air, instead of just getting one game, which Ten have

AFL site is correct for the 30 min delay (will start at 8 not 7.30)

G'day Alista,

Saturday Night is a Channel Seven match, this week, Friday Night is a Channel Ten match, so TDT won't be doing any AFL on Saturday Night

Friday Night though, 7:30pm for SCTV and 8pm for TDT

Oh sorry but the online guides say 7.30 for TDT & SCTV but TDT is promoting an 8pm start! Whats happening on Ten Melbourne?? And it's really anoying that SCTV take matches live like this Saturday because the shows that are on before the delayed one's are on really late after it's finished!

Edited by Alista

G'day Alista,

This is a weird one, even the Ten website for Melbourne is advertising a 7:30pm start for Friday Night, which means it's LIVE against the gate

The AFL site still has a 30 minute delay though

Looks like it's a "Tune in at 7:30pm to find out" situation

Edited by McDigital

G'day,

Just checked here, definately a 30min delay for Ten Melbourne, and Victoria for that matter, as I type here from Seymour tonight

How can Channel Ten's site advertise a 7:30pm start?

Even the Green Guide listed it as a 7:30pm start, and if your not familiar with the situation, last time that happened, someone got upset because they missed the start of the Star Wars movie which was on after the footy, and wrote to the letters section of the Green Guide about it

G'day,

Round 4 of the NAB Cup is the Grand Final and it's on Friday night

But unlike the main Grand Final in September, this one doesnt get great LIVE coverage

Friday Night: Collingwood v Geelong - First Bounce: 7:45pm AEDST

Played At: Etihad Stadium (Formally known as Telstra Dome), Melbourne

LIVE To:

Tasmania including Hobart at 7:30pm on Southern Cross

Darwin at 6pm on Southern Cross

A.C.T. and N.S.W. at 7:30pm on MainEvent

Qld at 6:30pm on MainEvent

Delayed To:

Victoria including Melbourne at 8:30pm on Seven and Prime

S.A. including Adelaide at 8:30pm on Seven, Southern Cross GTS/BKN and WIN South East

Regional N.T. at 8pm on Southern Cross

W.A. including Perth at 8:30pm on Seven and GWN

Sydney at 8:30pm on SevenHD

Brisbane at 8:30pm on SevenHD

A.C.T. & N.S.W. including Sydney at 12am (Saturday Morning) on Seven and Prime

Qld including Brisbane at 12am (Saturday Morning) on Seven

Edited by McDigital

Channel seven drive me nuts with football coverage always putting games on at 8.30pm.When they first announced that they were going to go for the afl again they stated that they would show Friday night football at 7.30pm.

Edited by justin25

G'day,

I can list what each match for Round 1 actually has, in terms of who is broadcasting it, but the specifics of the times and the Fox Sports games being on Free To Air, which Brisbane and Perth will get with the Brisbane v West Coast game, are not that confirmed as yet

Guys next Saturday 28 March the FORMULA 1: ING AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX will be on ten.I live in Adelaide and as far as i know the crows games must be on free to air tv as well but next Saturday afternoon we don't get any crows game on free to air just foxtel.It is Adelaide vs collingwood at the mcg next Saturday afternoon.,could someone confirm whether or not Adelaide viewers will be getting free to air coverage of this game.It is being telecast on fox sports as well.They will be breaking the agreement if the game is not telecast on ten.

Guys next Saturday 28 March the FORMULA 1: ING AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX will be on ten.I live in Adelaide and as far as i know the crows games must be on free to air tv as well but next Saturday afternoon we don't get any crows game on free to air just foxtel.It is Adelaide vs collingwood at the mcg next Saturday afternoon.,could someone confirm whether or not Adelaide viewers will be getting free to air coverage of this game.It is being telecast on fox sports as well.They will be breaking the agreement if the game is not telecast on ten.

G'day justin25,

I've checked the guides, and as we all know the Australian Grand Prix is a BIG event, that Channel Ten wouldnt want to break away from, at the same time, Channel Seven seem to be playing a movie

I would think a wise move would be to have the Fox Sports game on Channel Seven for Adelaide viewers, to save Ten from breaking away and disapointing the forimula one crowd