2009 Afl Broadcast Guide

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day,

I was about to make a new thread, then I saw this one!

It's like I've started a fanclub :D

The NAB Cup has 15 games in total, Round 1 goes for 3 weeks, This is Week 1

Saturday Night: West Coast v Collingwood - First Bounce: 6:45pm AWDST - 8:45pm AEDST

Played At: Subiaco, Perth

LIVE To:

Tasmania including Hobart at 8:30pm on Southern Cross

Darwin at 7pm on Southern Cross

Victoria including Melbourne at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD, Prime and PrimeHD

N.S.W & A.C.T. at 8:30pm on MainEvent

Qld at 7:30pm on MainEvent

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 8:30pm on SevenHD and PrimeHD

Delayed To:

Regional N.T. at 8pm on Southern Cross

S.A. including Adelaide at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD, Southern Cross GTS/BKN and WIN South East

W.A. including Perth at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD and GWN

Qld including Brisbane at 8:30pm on SevenHD

Gold Coast at 8:30pm on PrimeHD

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 1am (Sunday morning) on Seven and Prime

Qld including Brisbane at 1am (Sunday morning) on Seven

Gold Coast at 1am (Sunday morning) on Prime

G'day,

I was about to make a new thread, then I saw this one!

It's like I've started a fanclub :D

The NAB Cup has 15 games in total, Round 1 goes for 3 weeks, This is Week 1

Saturday Night: West Coast v Collingwood - First Bounce: 6:45pm AWDST - 8:45pm AEDST

LIVE To:

Victoria including Melbourne at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD, Prime and PrimeHD

N.S.W & A.C.T. at 8:30pm on MainEvent

Qld at 7:30pm on MainEvent

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 8:30pm on SevenHD and PrimeHD

Delayed To:

Regional N.T. at 8pm on Southern Cross

S.A. including Adelaide at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD, Southern Cross GTS/BKN and WIN South East

W.A. including Perth at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD and GWN

Qld including Brisbane at 8:30pm on SevenHD

Gold Coast at 8:30pm on PrimeHD

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 1am (Sunday morning) on Seven and Prime

Qld including Brisbane at 1am (Sunday morning) on Seven

Gold Coast at 1am (Sunday morning) on Prime

Whoa and I reading right there? Live in NSW and ACT on PrimeHD and SevenHD? Finally multicasting of sport on the HD services. Fingers crossed that happens for the whole year on both Seven and Ten (with OneHD it surely will!)

Also McD i think you should start a new thread

McD do you know if 7 will be broadcasting all their afl matches in HD when the season proper starts?

G'day wheelz,

All signs look good, one wouldn't think that just because Collingwood are playing in the first match they they wouldnt make an effort for the other games

They at least did well during the finals last year, so I dont see why they couldnt do the whole season, It's only two matches per week they produce

This would mean that the Fox Sports produced games though, wouldnt be in HD, unless its the Fox Sports HD game and they have an agreement

Wondering where the information about the first match being shown on Prime HD comes from? On their website I can't see any indication at all that the match will be in HD. The way they word it indicates Prime HD will be showing what is on Prime SD. Please prove me wrong.

G'day pietro,

The Green Guide is the same, it just says it's simulcasting what the SD channel is playing, but when an online TV guide site and the AFL broadcast guide make special mention of the circumstances with Seven HD in N.S.W. and Qld, with the online TV guide going onto regional as well, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that it would be

But....If it's not, I'll give you your money back at 11:15pm Saturday night :)

They can broadcast the Nab Cup on the HD channels first because the Nab Cup isn't on the Anti-siphoning list.

But they will not be able to do it when the real stuff starts

If an event is on the anti-siphoning it must premier or simulcast on SD first. Below is the current list for AFL football. You'll note it only has the premiership season listed.

Anti-siphoning list commencing 2006

Australian Rules Football

4.1 Each match in the Australian Football League Premiership competition, including the Finals Series.

Edited by vasili

G'day pietro,

The Green Guide is the same, it just says it's simulcasting what the SD channel is playing, but when an online TV guide site and the AFL broadcast guide make special mention of the circumstances with Seven HD in N.S.W. and Qld, with the online TV guide going onto regional as well, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that it would be

But....If it's not, I'll give you your money back at 11:15pm Saturday night :)

The EPG for Prime HD (60) in Newcastle and Central Coast lists NAB Cup on Saturday night at 9pm (time unsure) with a replay on Prime SD (6) on about 2am SUnday.

They can broadcast the Nab Cup on the HD channels first because the Nab Cup isn't on the Anti-siphoning list.

But they will not be able to do it when the real stuff starts

If an event is on the anti-siphoning it must premier or simulcast on SD first. Below is the current list for AFL football. You'll note it only has the premiership season listed.

Anti-siphoning list commencing 2006

Australian Rules Football

4.1 Each match in the Australian Football League Premiership competition, including the Finals Series.

G'day vasili,

Thanks for that, it would basically mean it would have to be on delayed at 11pm or 1am into N.S.W. and Qld when the season starts then on the HD channel, which is a disappointment, but there's a second SD channel on the way, that could fix this, but then again....

Sorry guys they are not allowed to put games exclusively on 7hd or 10 hd during the regular home and a way season as it is on the anti siphoning list.Where as the nab cup they can because it isn't on the anti siphoning list.

Edited by justin25

Well that was a fizzer!

They never came through with the NAB cup on PrimeHD here in Canberra.

I rang the local Prime station, (i was surprised someone answered on a saturday night) and they had no answer for why it didn't happen

G'day,

I am shocked, can we get confirmation of other areas like Sydney and Brisbane and possibly other Prime areas?

I dont like giving inaccurate information, so I shall be doing some investigating on this one

it was 7HD in Sydney, but clearly not HD quality, not surprised really.

Every time they went to ads we got a second of whatever was on the SD feed (into Melbourne I presume) then it changed to an ad for some show or other coming up on 7, then when it came back to the game it was clearly after everyone else had come back as quite often the score graphic was just disappearing off the screen.

Dogs, Dons to play match for bushfire victims

Matt Burgan

5:01 PM Mon 09 February, 2009

THE AFL will hold a NAB Cup Bushfire Appeal game at Telstra Dome on Friday night to raise money for communities devastated by the Victorian bushfires.

After discussions with the State Government, it was decided that as an initial measure, the Western Bulldogs-Essendon match will be transferred from Darwin and will now be played as the NAB Cup Bushfire Appeal game at Telstra Dome this Friday, February 13 at 8.40pm.

The game will be televised live nationally on Foxtel's Fox Sports 1 and throughout Victoria on the Seven Network at 8.30pm.

Tickets for the game will go on sale at 1pm on Tuesday, February 10. All proceeds from the match would be donated to the Victorian Government’s Bushfire Appeal Fund.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou, who called it a "national tragedy" said the AFL, players, 16 clubs, supporters and corporate and broadcast partners wanted to work together to raise funds to show their support for the communities affected by the fires.

They also wanted to show their respect to the emergency service workers and voluteers who have risked their lives to fight the fires or provide support.

"We will announce other measures in the days and weeks to come but this NAB Cup Bushfire Appeal game will enable both the competing clubs and also players from all AFL clubs to offer an avenue for football fans to show their support for local communities hit hardest by the bushfires," Demetriou said.

"It doesn’t matter who people barrack for, we want all football supporters to join as one to support this game and to support those communities who are trying to deal with the loss of friends, family and neighbours.

"From a more immediate point of view, our players and clubs are urging all of their supporters to give money and blood to assist the Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund."

Donations to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund can be made by ringing 1800 811 700 or by visiting www.redcross.org.au

http://afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/2...px?newsid=71899

G'day,

Week 2 of the NAB Cup, sees 3 matches in three different states

Friday Night: W. Bulldogs v Essendon - First Bounce: 8:40pm AEDST

Played At: Telstra Dome, Melbourne

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 8:30pm on Fox Sports 1 (Convert to local times)

Victoria including Melbourne at 8:30pm on Seven and Prime

Saturday Night: Brisbane v St. Kilda - First Bounce: 7:40pm AEST - 8:40pm AEDST

Played At: Carrara Oval, Gold Coast

LIVE To:

Victoria including Melbourne at 8:30pm on Ten, Southern Cross Ten and Ten Mildura

Perth at 6:30pm on Ten

Tasmania including Hobart at 8:30pm on TDT

A.C.T. and N.S.W. at 8:30pm on MainEvent

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 8:30pm on TenHD

Warning: Southern Cross TenHD may or may not follow TenHD, as we saw last week with PrimeHD not following SevenHD

Delayed To:

Regional W.A. at 7:30pm on WIN

Regional N.T. at 8:10pm on Southern Cross Central

S.A. including Adelaide at 8:30pm on Ten and Southern Cross Ten

Qld including Brisbane at 8:30pm on Ten and Southern Cross Ten

Griffith at 9:45pm on WIN

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 11pm on Ten and Southern Cross Ten

Sunday Night: Fremantle v Richmond - First Bounce: 6:40pm AWDST - 8:40pm AEDST

LIVE To:

Nationwide at 8:30pm on Fox Sports 1 (Convert to local times)

Edited by McDigital

McD,

Are you sure that Saturdays game is only on TDT because Yahoo7 Tv guide says it's on SCTV & TDT but our local papers say TO BE ADVISED at 8.30 on SCTV so i'm not sure what is happening. (personaly I only want it on TDT)

Thanks