Sign in to follow this  
vasili

2009 Afl Broadcast Guide

Go for it McDigital.

Start updating us the AFL tv schedule again

I second that – looking forward to your thread this yes McD

G'day,

I was about to make a new thread, then I saw this one!

It's like I've started a fanclub :D

The NAB Cup has 15 games in total, Round 1 goes for 3 weeks, This is Week 1

Saturday Night: West Coast v Collingwood - First Bounce: 6:45pm AWDST - 8:45pm AEDST

Played At: Subiaco, Perth

LIVE To:

Tasmania including Hobart at 8:30pm on Southern Cross

Darwin at 7pm on Southern Cross

Victoria including Melbourne at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD, Prime and PrimeHD

N.S.W & A.C.T. at 8:30pm on MainEvent

Qld at 7:30pm on MainEvent

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 8:30pm on SevenHD and PrimeHD

Delayed To:

Regional N.T. at 8pm on Southern Cross

S.A. including Adelaide at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD, Southern Cross GTS/BKN and WIN South East

W.A. including Perth at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD and GWN

Qld including Brisbane at 8:30pm on SevenHD

Gold Coast at 8:30pm on PrimeHD

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 1am (Sunday morning) on Seven and Prime

Qld including Brisbane at 1am (Sunday morning) on Seven

Gold Coast at 1am (Sunday morning) on Prime

G'day,

I was about to make a new thread, then I saw this one!

It's like I've started a fanclub :D

The NAB Cup has 15 games in total, Round 1 goes for 3 weeks, This is Week 1

Saturday Night: West Coast v Collingwood - First Bounce: 6:45pm AWDST - 8:45pm AEDST

Played At: Subiaco, Perth

LIVE To:

Tasmania including Hobart at 8:30pm on Southern Cross

Darwin at 7pm on Southern Cross

Victoria including Melbourne at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD, Prime and PrimeHD

N.S.W & A.C.T. at 8:30pm on MainEvent

Qld at 7:30pm on MainEvent

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 8:30pm on SevenHD and PrimeHD

Delayed To:

Regional N.T. at 8pm on Southern Cross

S.A. including Adelaide at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD, Southern Cross GTS/BKN and WIN South East

W.A. including Perth at 8:30pm on Seven, SevenHD and GWN

Qld including Brisbane at 8:30pm on SevenHD

Gold Coast at 8:30pm on PrimeHD

A.C.T. and N.S.W. including Sydney at 1am (Sunday morning) on Seven and Prime

Qld including Brisbane at 1am (Sunday morning) on Seven

Gold Coast at 1am (Sunday morning) on Prime

Whoa and I reading right there? Live in NSW and ACT on PrimeHD and SevenHD? Finally multicasting of sport on the HD services. Fingers crossed that happens for the whole year on both Seven and Ten (with OneHD it surely will!)

Also McD i think you should start a new thread

Also McD i think you should start a new thread

G'day,

After all the effort put into this one by the others, This thread should suit for now :)

McD do you know if 7 will be broadcasting all their afl matches in HD when the season proper starts?

McD do you know if 7 will be broadcasting all their afl matches in HD when the season proper starts?

G'day wheelz,

All signs look good, one wouldn't think that just because Collingwood are playing in the first match they they wouldnt make an effort for the other games

They at least did well during the finals last year, so I dont see why they couldnt do the whole season, It's only two matches per week they produce

This would mean that the Fox Sports produced games though, wouldnt be in HD, unless its the Fox Sports HD game and they have an agreement

Wondering where the information about the first match being shown on Prime HD comes from? On their website I can't see any indication at all that the match will be in HD. The way they word it indicates Prime HD will be showing what is on Prime SD. Please prove me wrong.

Wondering where the information about the first match being shown on Prime HD comes from? On their website I can't see any indication at all that the match will be in HD. The way they word it indicates Prime HD will be showing what is on Prime SD. Please prove me wrong.

G'day pietro,

The Green Guide is the same, it just says it's simulcasting what the SD channel is playing, but when an online TV guide site and the AFL broadcast guide make special mention of the circumstances with Seven HD in N.S.W. and Qld, with the online TV guide going onto regional as well, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that it would be

But....If it's not, I'll give you your money back at 11:15pm Saturday night :)

They can broadcast the Nab Cup on the HD channels first because the Nab Cup isn't on the Anti-siphoning list.

But they will not be able to do it when the real stuff starts

If an event is on the anti-siphoning it must premier or simulcast on SD first. Below is the current list for AFL football. You'll note it only has the premiership season listed.

Anti-siphoning list commencing 2006

Australian Rules Football

4.1 Each match in the Australian Football League Premiership competition, including the Finals Series.

Edited by vasili

G'day pietro,

The Green Guide is the same, it just says it's simulcasting what the SD channel is playing, but when an online TV guide site and the AFL broadcast guide make special mention of the circumstances with Seven HD in N.S.W. and Qld, with the online TV guide going onto regional as well, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that it would be

But....If it's not, I'll give you your money back at 11:15pm Saturday night :)

The EPG for Prime HD (60) in Newcastle and Central Coast lists NAB Cup on Saturday night at 9pm (time unsure) with a replay on Prime SD (6) on about 2am SUnday.

They can broadcast the Nab Cup on the HD channels first because the Nab Cup isn't on the Anti-siphoning list.

But they will not be able to do it when the real stuff starts

If an event is on the anti-siphoning it must premier or simulcast on SD first. Below is the current list for AFL football. You'll note it only has the premiership season listed.

Anti-siphoning list commencing 2006

Australian Rules Football

4.1 Each match in the Australian Football League Premiership competition, including the Finals Series.

G'day vasili,

Thanks for that, it would basically mean it would have to be on delayed at 11pm or 1am into N.S.W. and Qld when the season starts then on the HD channel, which is a disappointment, but there's a second SD channel on the way, that could fix this, but then again....

I hope everyone is correct and it will be true HD but I've been let down so many times by the FTA channels (esp. the regionals) that I won't believe it till it actually happens.

Sorry guys they are not allowed to put games exclusively on 7hd or 10 hd during the regular home and a way season as it is on the anti siphoning list.Where as the nab cup they can because it isn't on the anti siphoning list.

Edited by justin25