Panasonic Plasma Tv Advice Needed

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am considering a TH-42PZ800A for my FIL, is a buy price of $1800 out of the question in the current market?

Shouldn't think so. Panasonic price rise has been put on hold, and the 46" is going for just a tad over $2k ATM, so it would seem achieveable IMO...just depends if the retailers want to play the same game ;)

http://www.barnsaustralia.com.au/brochure_.../id/245171.html

Panasonic TH-50PF11WK

Is the above TV better than the 50PZ800A?

Looks like it's the commercial model and price isn't too inviting to be honest. It's just a display panel, no tuner, no speakers, fewer inputs. It's designed so that you can add in the connection slots you want, but unless you are feeding it through a HD PVR or AVR, I'd personally get the PZ800

The PZ800A is $2699 at Harvey Norman at the moment. If I can score it no deposit interest free for 12 months, I might pick one up.

See if you can negotiate a better price first, then mention the 12 months interest free. They'll try and say you need to apy ticketed price for that, but if you push hard enough I reckon you can get a discount and 12 months IF.

The PZ800A is just about out of stock around the country. I ended up getting a PZ80A instead as it was in stock and considerably cheaper. Very nice set.

And don't forget the PZ80A comes with a free Panasonic BD35 bluray player

Wasn't even mentioned yesterday when I bought it :huh:

My MIL bought a PZ800 on Thursday but not mentioned by the sales guy (though he may not have known), however, I did start reading posts about it on Thursday evening and saw it on the Panasonic website on friday afternoon.

I know this has probably been asked a million times before so forgive me...

what are the feature differences between the 80A and the 800A.??

I was leaning towards the 800A but with stock so low and local prices now high the 80A is looking like a good option. Throw in the Blue Ray player and I'm very interested.

I know there is some sound difference but that doesn't bother me as I will hook up to a surround sound system.... are there any major picture quality differences??

Guest HDTV Reviews

Panasonic is one of the best brand for Plasma TV. But everyday, many makes are hitting the market with numerous models of plasma TVs. So, it is best to select your HDTV, whether plasma or LCD, by going through the reviews. They can give you the best idea about the features.

Panasonic is one of the best brand for Plasma TV. But everyday, many makes are hitting the market with numerous models of plasma TVs. So, it is best to select your HDTV, whether plasma or LCD, by going through the reviews. They can give you the best idea about the features.
Actually I would reword your sentence as follows:

Panasonic is one of the best brand for Plasma TV. But everyday, many makes are hitting the market with numerous models of plasma TVs. So, it is best to select your HDTV, whether plasma or LCD, by going and viewing them and making up your own mind.

ie, Reviews can be misleading.

I know this has probably been asked a million times before so forgive me...

what are the feature differences between the 80A and the 800A.??

I was leaning towards the 800A but with stock so low and local prices now high the 80A is looking like a good option. Throw in the Blue Ray player and I'm very interested.

I know there is some sound difference but that doesn't bother me as I will hook up to a surround sound system.... are there any major picture quality differences??

When i did my comparison, the only real difference i could see id the 800 has the 11th gen panel vs ???? extra hdmi input (in front) and IFC which can be a pain in the ass :angry2: