Pioneer Pdp-lx609a/krp600m Best Price

Do people still use cheque books?, I've used net banking for years, but I guess one could do a cash transaction via a CC if set limit was enough, or go get a Back cheque.

Yeah they do. I think we get on average one cheque a day at our store. It's a ****. The bank's just outside - why can't they just withdraw it?

It's even more fun when it gets rejected authorisation too...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they do. I think we get on average one cheque a day at our store. It's a ****. The bank's just outside - why can't they just withdraw it?

It's even more fun when it gets rejected authorisation too...

...because someone in the bank might see you withdraw it, and get mugged, you might lose it.

Not a very good idea to walk the streets with 8+ grand in your pocket.

You just don't know.

The thought of taking that sort of unnecessary risk only so it doesn't 'inconvenience' the sales rep,

makes me want to throw up.

I'm sure their competitors won't mind the inconvenience.

You lose a cheque book, you ring your bank and everything's sorted.

Anyway, a cheque is more than enough 'intent' that you are going to pay for it.

You should not be walking into the store if you don't have the funds in the first place.

Don't procrastinate over the 'advertised' price.

GO INTO THE STORE, WITH YOUR CHEQUE BOOK, ASK FOR THE SALES MANAGER, AND SAY:

"I WILL DO THE BUSINESS NOW IF YOU GIVE IT ME FOR X $.

Do this, and the 'ticketed' price goes out the window.

I meant the advertised price is fluctuating at the moment and the cost is too.

I'm trying to set myself a realistic price target but its tricky when you have three different prices in as many stores.

As Spin has stated, the Myer cost price increased by a large amount in the last week, and presumably other retailers. Therefore, it's very difficult to compare prices obtained by those who bought before the price rise with those of us who are trying to sniff out the best deal right now.

But thanks for your advice .... I will go hunting around on the weekend and see what the deal is.

I meant the advertised price is fluctuating at the moment and the cost is too.

I'm trying to set myself a realistic price target but its tricky when you have three different prices in as many stores.

As Spin has stated, the Myer cost price increased by a large amount in the last week, and presumably other retailers. Therefore, it's very difficult to compare prices obtained by those who bought before the price rise with those of us who are trying to sniff out the best deal right now.

But thanks for your advice .... I will go hunting around on the weekend and see what the deal is.

I think from the prices quoted on this thread, you should have a good idea by now. I.e.

- JBL Dandenong $7999,

- Myer, Hurstville $8500,

- Bing Lee, Bankstown $8500.

They're the prices at this moment, and good ones at that.

Go by the prices people from this thread have been paying, and as I've already said, ignore the fluctuating advertised prices or RRP.

Based on the above you should be looking to pick it up for $8k to $8.5k.

It could take you another week or two or three to save maybe another $100-200 or so, it's hard to say.

It also depends how soon you want the set.

If it's closer to $8.5k, then try and get some freebies with it i.e. Logitech Harmony remote, TV stand, HDMI cables, or a heavily discounted Pioneer LX-71 BluRay or SC-LX71 AVReceiver.

Remember, you will always get the extra items way cheaper if it's bought with a big ticket item like an lx609.

No matter how cheap you buy it, one thing is for sure,

someone sooner or later will pick it up for even less, as the lifecycle of that model comes to its end.

Edited by jimval

I'm really thinking of buying the Pio 60 incher, what you guys recon my Pioneer 507 XDA is worth these days as I have someone interested in it, maybe $3K?

Don't look at the ticketed prices.

Just like the increased RRP, take the ticketed price with A GRAIN OF SALT.

- Someone on this thread picked up the lx609 from Bing Lee, Bankstown for $8500.

- Someone else picked one up from JB Dandenong for $7999.

- Someone else on this thread was offered $8500 from Myer, Hurstville.

- Myer, Parramatta is an excellent Myer store. GO THERE.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AT MYER, CITY (SYDNEY).

THEY ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE OF ALL MYER STORES.

Don't procrastinate over the 'advertised' price.

GO INTO THE STORE, WITH YOUR CHEQUE BOOK, ASK FOR THE SALES MANAGER, AND SAY:

"I WILL DO THE BUSINESS NOW IF YOU GIVE IT ME FOR X $.

Do this, and the 'ticketed' price goes out the window.

I got mine on Sunday (1st Feb) from Klapp in Footscray - $8500

S.

I'm really thinking of buying the Pio 60 incher, what you guys recon my Pioneer 507 XDA is worth these days as I have someone interested in it, maybe $3K?

Foxy just as a guide i paid $2700 for my xda508 new,unfortunately plasmas dont hold their value when selling second hand.

Supprise her ;)

Wouldn't be the 1st time.

Walking thru the mall today she surprised me, she went into a shop I said just going to ask about an Apple iPhone, she said nice going to buy one!.

Edited by EZYHD
Today's Telegraph Mirror:

DJs are offering 5 years interest free on TV purchases.

You all know what to do.

Fine Print of the offer

Not avaliable in conjunction with any price reduction pursuant to the DJ's price promise

Plus 1/3 deposit on purchase

Here is the flyer clicky

Edited by ijuschill

Sometime in Feb was what I last heard but that was a month ago.

I know it's starting to appear in the systems of some retailers (it appeared on mine before I went on holidays, but then my colleague couldn't find it), so you should be able to start talking a price. Maybe...

Sometime in Feb was what I last heard but that was a month ago.

I know it's starting to appear in the systems of some retailers (it appeared on mine before I went on holidays, but then my colleague couldn't find it), so you should be able to start talking a price. Maybe...

Any chance of letting me know what price would be achievable on one of these? I'm pretty keen on getting one soon but don't really want to pay over 4k. I just figure that since you work at Myer you might be able to let me know what sort of figure i could be looking at. Thx mate.

Purchased an LX609 for $8000. I'm happy with that price thanks to this thread for being a "Price guide" of sorts. :lol:

Should be in within the next week or two.

anyone know when the lx509 is expected here in stores?

I noticed when at the store that they were unpacking a display LX509, so I would say that you'll start seeing them pop-up across Australia very soon.