Sign in to follow this  
ijuschill

Pioneer Pdp-lx609a/krp600m Best Price

Anyone interested in getting the most accurate picture on their expensive TV would be foolish not to pay for a calibration.

How many hours use before calibration?

Remember the saying when buying quality products "You Cry But Once"

cheers laurie

I remember spending the equivalent of $7k for a basic 26” CRT TV with no remote back in the early 1980’s, so I fail to see how $10k for a top quality 60” is excessive.

I suppose you think the people who spend $200k or more on luxury cars are completely insane, obviously they don’t have a problem with it and see the value in their purchase.

If you want what the product offers you pay the price or go without, and if you cant afford the price or a lesser product is acceptable you would obviously be ill advised to buy what you cant afford/appreciate/justify.

Anyone interested in getting the most accurate picture on their expensive TV would be foolish not to pay for a calibration.

you have a really good point Owen. You definitely get what you pay for, but it's really up to someone if they can justify paying that.

i also think this forum may bring out the devil in some who can't afford to pay a premium, but do so anyway :o

i could afford to pay for a 60" kuro, but I just think about the negatives my last kuro had when it was then a premium flat panel. and i know you seem to deter from flat panels, as you, unlike a lot of people, know that plasmas have a way to go yet before they can't be improved further in the picture quality terms. you may never be happy with one as by time plasma catches up to a perfect screen for you no doubt 80"+ OLEDs or SEDs will be out and you will be touting about your new $25k display. making more of us want to dive even deeper into our pockets.

end of the day, it's just money isn't it :blush:

Quick but silly question, is the PDPLX609 the same as a PDPLX609A? If so, what's with the A?

Edited by Bebebeef

Quick but silly question, is the PDPLX609 the same as a PDPLX609A? If so, what's with the A?

609, lx609 or lx609A...

In the context of this forum we're all talking about the same unit.

Edited by jimval

Australia

cheers laurie

Thanks for that guys. I was confused and thought that they might've been two different displays, thanks for clearing that up.

Edited by Bebebeef

Australia

cheers laurie

oops that's not right :blush: noticed UK models has the A also sorry about that

cheers laurie

So..... has anyone tried to seriously haggle the Myer price of $8999?

So..... has anyone tried to seriously haggle the Myer price of $8999?

I didn't haggle, but used a mates staff discount card and got it for $8,099 including installation and delivery. Maybe I should've haggled but felt the price was good enough as it is.

Edited by Bebebeef

I didn't haggle, but used a mates staff discount card and got it for $8,099 including installation and delivery. Maybe I should've haggled but felt the price was good enough as it is.

Did you buy from Myer? I thought staff discount was only 5%.

i heard a rumour that the RRP jumped another $1000 at the start of feb.

sucks for anyone in the market for one of these.

i heard a rumour that the RRP jumped another $1000 at the start of feb.

sucks for anyone in the market for one of these.

Actually just spoke to a guy at Clive Anthonys (Castle Hill) and he said the rrp just dropped again by $1000 after it went up in Jan to $12000 it's now sitting at about $11000.

Mentioned the Myer price and he said it must be a misprint seeing as the prices have gone up. Best over the phone was $10500.

Actually just spoke to a guy at Clive Anthonys (Castle Hill) and he said the rrp just dropped again by $1000 after it went up in Jan to $12000 it's now sitting at about $11000.

Mentioned the Myer price and he said it must be a misprint seeing as the prices have gone up. Best over the phone was $10500.

I feel a purchase coming on. :o

Does anyone know if the Myer [installation] deal allows for wall mounting? Ie. does it provide option for wall bracket and does installation include fixing to the wall, running cables etc...

I feel a purchase coming on. :o

Does anyone know if the Myer [installation] deal allows for wall mounting? Ie. does it provide option for wall bracket and does installation include fixing to the wall, running cables etc...

I think its 10% discount when purchasing electrical items, not sure, but thats the price that I got it for. Will be receiving a call about delivery and info on installation sometime this week. I too am curious about the installation and whether it includes wall mounting and being able to chose your own brackets. I will let you know when I find out.

Myer definitely has the best price atm, I've checked with JB and they were doing it for $10,999 no less.

Will be receiving a call about delivery and info on installation sometime this week. I too am curious about the installation and whether it includes wall mounting and being able to chose your own brackets. I will let you know when I find out.

Thanks mate - I will see if I can do some digging of my own as well.

Hey guys

1st post - have read this forum for quite a while, thought it's time to do my first post.

First I'll be upfront - I work in TVs at Myer. Nice to get it out of the way early on.

Secondly, hopefully bebebeef you paid by cash :P It would be nasty if your mate lost his job over it.

Finally, I'm a bit surprised there aren't any deals with a 7 in front (let's be serious, $7999 is really an 8). TV on its own, no install.

Some people have mentioned other retailers talking about prices changes, but I haven't seen any (I will add though that I've been on holidays for the past week and a bit :P), and either Myer is taking things at its usual snail pace or Myer has done something different for once :o, but yes based on the pricings I was given, I've been quite surprised that the dtvforums lot, who usually are pretty good at nailing cost prices, haven't got a better price than $7999.

Cheers fellas. Try harder.

I'm a bit surprised there aren't any deals with a 7 in front (let's be serious, $7999 is really an 8). TV on its own, no install.

...based on the pricings I was given, I've been quite surprised that the dtvforums lot, who usually are pretty good at nailing cost prices, haven't got a better price than $7999.

What state are you in spin? I may consider a road trip. :ninja:

A 609 for $7500 has a nice ring to it.

Edited by xclusive_gamer

Strange DigitalCentre pricing since the price increase seems rather high compared to the prices prior to the price hike remember this mob was used by many as a reference price point and price match!

cheers laurie

Shadowspin, any chance of finding out a price on a 509 for me? I have a budget of about $4k. If you could find out if that price was possible, would be much appreciated. Thx.

xclusive - NSW (including ACT). I'm on holidays at the moment (I need it after xmas :)). But I will try to find something out for you. As you would be aware, it's the start of a new month, and funny things happen at this time. So I will try and see if there are any price changes.

hobey - don't know the 509 off the top of my head because it came out much later than the 609, and I only became aware of it in our systems just as I was walking out the door for my holidays :). Will try to find something for you, but I am on holidays :)

We were discussing cost price, but using the discount card worked out better. I really didn't think too much about getting the display for under 7G's, just happy that we're getting one is all.

After waiting and reading for months I got impatient on the weekend and bought a lx609 from Klapp in Footscray.

$8,500 and picked it up myself.

There was a small window of opportunity finance wise, (SWMBO said, "Oh for Gods sake just go and buy it!" Must have have been sick of me talking about it.) :D

It is one seriously good bit of kit.

There was a small window of opportunity finance wise, (SWMBO said, "Oh for Gods sake just go and buy it!" Must have have been sick of me talking about it.) :D

I hear that. :D