Pioneer Pdp-lx609a/krp600m Best Price

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I was thinking there was still quite a gap between cost and catalogue, but obviously something's changed recently.

My first post was more of a general one - that before xmas, no one managed to talk the price below $8000. Apparently there's been price changes, but yeah, not much we can do about that.

I'm intrigued - I'm going to check it up soon.

Hmm I was thinking there was still quite a gap between cost and catalogue, but obviously something's changed recently.

My first post was more of a general one - that before xmas, no one managed to talk the price below $8000. Apparently there's been price changes, but yeah, not much we can do about that.

I'm intrigued - I'm going to check it up soon.

I will wait with eyes glued to the screen for an update. :blink:

I wonder what the Myer price will be after the catalogue? Ie. Will it revert to something like JB's? Looks like I'm going to Myer at lunch.

Edited by xclusive_gamer

Went to Myer at lunch. Here is what I discovered:

I asked if they could match $8000 - was told $8500 was best. Delivery extra $55.

So.... either they didn't want to match OR cost is $8300/$8400??

Asked if a manager could approve $8000 or lower - was told they will not approve that price.

TV comes with speakers and stand. Installation offer in catalogue ($8999) does not cover wall mounting & running cables behind wall etc...

If wall mounting is required, the installer will come to your house, inspect what needs to be done and provide a quote based on hourly rates. Either way, you also must of course factor in the cost of the wall mount (either pioneer's or 3rd party).

The regular Myer sell price after the catalogue will revert to $10,499 (still much better than JB with a regular sell price of $11,996!)

This is a good starting plateau. Now, I will hit the ground running when I go to properly deal.

Edited by xclusive_gamer

If anyone is a Myer one member you may be able to use the latest offer with this $8999 price, namely $10 off every $75 spend on plasma. Received the latest Myerone booklet in the mail today.

Can anyone scan this voucher into the attachment thread here:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showforum=145

Particularly interested in what the fine print reads.

Hmm i just checked up and the price did rise for the 609 on the systems - lost out by a week, sorry fellas. It was quite a big jump too :(

Re: $10 off for every $75

You do know retail stores put this neat little phrase on almost everything - "Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer" - to cover their arses...

Hmm i just checked up and the price did rise for the 609 on the systems - lost out by a week, sorry fellas. It was quite a big jump too :(

Re: $10 off for every $75

You do know retail stores put this neat little phrase on almost everything - "Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer" - to cover their arses...

Spin - do you think $8500 is a fair price match?

Re: $10 off for every $75 - Two queries:

1. If the item scans at $8999, and it has never had a different regular retail price because it is a new item - isn't it arguable that the price is $8999 and the voucher should apply?

OR

2. Is a catalogue sale price considered to be an "offer"? within the meaning of the voucher.

so this would make it..

$9000 divide x 75 = 120 x $10 off per $75 spent = $1200

$9000 - $1200 = $7800??

That is the theory - the question comes down to - is the catalogue sale price an "offer" because the voucher says 'not to be used with any other offer'.

If the voucher can only be applied to full price, a price match is of course the better deal because even the current sale price of $8999 would be better without applying the voucher:

$10499 divide x 75 = 140 x $10 off per $75 spent = $1400

$10499 less $1400 = $9099.

Perhaps we will get lucky?

Edited by xclusive_gamer

That is the theory - the question comes down to - is the catalogue sale price an "offer" because the voucher says 'not to be used with any other offer'.

If the voucher can only be applied to full price, a price match is of course the better deal because the current sale price of $8999 would be better without applying the voucher:

$10499 divide x 75 = 140 x $10 off per $75 spent = $1400

$10499 less $1400 = $9099.

Perhaps we will get lucky?

Dont forget you will also earn a few $$ in Myer vouchers too with the Myer one card on this sort of spend. ;)

I think this should work on the catalogue price, I may check tomorrow night.

Unfortunately the catalogue sale price is an 'offer' so I don't think the voucher can be used against it.

I.e. the bottom of page 8 of the catalogue states:

"OFFERS END 16/02/09 UNLESS SOLD OUT OR OTHERWISE STATED."

http://www.lasoo.com.au/portal/catalogueof...&gotopage=8

Despite this, you should still go into Myer and try it on.

Hopefully the sales rep doesn't pick it up and you may walk away with a bargain.

Even if the sales rep does pick it up, make them feel like they're in the wrong and get them

to give you a big discount to make up for it.

Edited by jimval

so this would make it..

$9000 divide x 75 = 120 x $10 off per $75 spent = $1200

$9000 - $1200 = $7800??

Tried at Myer Adelaide and was told nope it's either one or the other ($8999 Special Catologue Price or $10499 RRP less $1400 = $9099). Was told they could do a little bit better $8799 but that is it. Other than that all that you'll get is the $180 in Gift Cards with the Myer One card. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Edited by Spero D.

Still not a bad deal though.

You're effectively getting it for around $8.5k when you take into account the free delivery, installation and $180.

Offer them cash NOW and you'll cut another few hundred for sure, even more.

You should roll up with a cheque book with $8k written in it and flash it to a Myer Sales manager and see if you get a bite.

So much for the doomsayers, i.e. price rises, falling $A ...blah..blah..blah.

The longer you wait the cheaper you will pick it up,

but then you'll get too close to 10th gen, and you'll wait for that...

and next thing you know you'll be waiting for OLED

...then you'll never buy one.

The 609's PQ is awesome.

Just wait till u get u get it home, and you'll know what I mean.

Even in a well lit environment, PQ is still fantastic.

Life is too short.

Would have hated to buy from JB online yesterday - price has come down in 24hrs by 1000 to 10996.

Bing Lee website still at 12500.

Myer still incredible value at 8999.

Something strange is going on with these cost prices.

Edited by xclusive_gamer

Still not a bad deal though.

You're effectively getting it for around $8.5k when you take into account the free delivery, installation and $180.

Offer them cash NOW and you'll cut another few hundred for sure, even more.

You should roll up with a cheque book with $8k written in it and flash it to a Myer Sales manager and see if you get a bite.

So much for the doomsayers, i.e. price rises, falling $A ...blah..blah..blah.

The longer you wait the cheaper you will pick it up,

but then you'll get too close to 10th gen, and you'll wait for that...

and next thing you know you'll be waiting for OLED

...then you'll never buy one.

The 609's PQ is awesome.

Just wait till u get u get it home, and you'll know what I mean.

Even in a well lit environment, PQ is still fantastic.

Life is too short.

That is exactly why I just bit the bullet and went out and bought it over the weekend. The price was too good, and couldn't see the point in waiting longer. Surely if the price begins to drop dramatically - by that time the Pioneer/Panasonic contraption would be on the market and like you say, the cycle continues.

You're effectively getting it for around $8.5k when you take into account the free delivery, installation....

Just to clarify, I believe delivery is not free. The delivery cost is $55 if you are a Myer One member and $70 if not.

The catalogue only mentions "bonus installation".

In any event, if you're dropping this much on a tv, either you get delivery thrown in or $55 is not going to break you.

Edited by xclusive_gamer

Would have hated to buy from JB online yesterday - price has come down in 24hrs by 1000 to 10996.

Bing Lee website still at 12500.

Myer still incredible value at 8999.

Something strange is going on with these cost prices.

Don't look at the ticketed prices.

Just like the increased RRP, take the ticketed price with A GRAIN OF SALT.

- Someone on this thread picked up the lx609 from Bing Lee, Bankstown for $8500.

- Someone else picked one up from JB Dandenong for $7999.

- Someone else on this thread was offered $8500 from Myer, Hurstville.

- Myer, Parramatta is an excellent Myer store. GO THERE.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AT MYER, CITY (SYDNEY).

THEY ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE OF ALL MYER STORES.

Don't procrastinate over the 'advertised' price.

GO INTO THE STORE, WITH YOUR CHEQUE BOOK, ASK FOR THE SALES MANAGER, AND SAY:

"I WILL DO THE BUSINESS NOW IF YOU GIVE IT ME FOR X $.

Do this, and the 'ticketed' price goes out the window.

Edited by jimval

Meh I could tell you the Myer City stores are a waste of time. That goes for Sydney City, Melbourne City and the like. They are flagships and hence adhere to policies like the gospel. Go for the suburban stores.

The $8999 is a catalogue price and it is a special offer. The full price at Myer is $10499.

I can tell you though that cost price has increased for the 609.

Do people still use cheque books?, I've used net banking for years, but I guess one could do a cash transaction via a CC if set limit was enough, or go get a Back cheque.