Pioneer Pdp-lx609a/krp600m Best Price

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those still interested

I have an excellent contact and he has given me an excellent price on the LX609.

I'ts not as good as the $7999 but close, lets say it's closer to $8500.

Anyway , the situation is this the biggest issue is availability, so

If you are interested , PM me , I will PM you the price, if that is acceptable then I would make the call and

see if one is available.

He is not interested in tyre kickers.The transaction is done through paypal to ensure all parties are protected.

The key here is timing , if a price betwen $7999 and $8500 is in your price range then it's a question of supply,( I was told no guarantees), the longer you wait the harder it is to locate.There may be a couple left at best , and I'm also doing this as a favour .

So , if your are having NO LUCK WITH THE $7999, I can help.

Cheers

Jelliemillie

Rang jb. Was told lx609a increased from 8999 to 11999 as of last Thursday. Can anyone confirm?

JB at Osborne Park here in Perth wouldn't even give me a price half an hour ago. I told them West Coast hi-fis price, ( $9,250 with a HDMI cable, delivery and installation within 2 days). JB guy then said he cant get anywhere near that at all, RRP is $11,996. I said so what price can you do again. Same thing, "I cant get anywhere near that." Great salesman, not! They didn't have any stock either...

So, best I can do so far here in Perth is $9,250. Any one been able to better that here in Perth???

...meh, I couldn't be bothered mucking around anymore, so just bit the bullet and ordered one from West Coast. $9,100, delivered and installed first thing Tuesday morning... :wacko: Fortunately, being in the field of work I'm in, I can claim some of this purchase back on my tax... :winky:

Edited by k00k

talking to my neighbour in the lift that is part of accounts for domayne and harveys group. he said all the prices have gone up, but that sales have dropped considerably because of the increasing prices, causing them to drop millions in a weekly turn over, which he expects has happened to lots of chains in aus.

he said this leads them to stop stock orders from suppliers, which then puts the pressure back on them to drop the price.

be interesting to see when the prices come back down, if they ever do.

talking to my neighbour in the lift that is part of accounts for domayne and harveys group. he said all the prices have gone up, but that sales have dropped considerably because of the increasing prices, causing them to drop millions in a weekly turn over, which he expects has happened to lots of chains in aus.

he said this leads them to stop stock orders from suppliers, which then puts the pressure back on them to drop the price.

be interesting to see when the prices come back down, if they ever do.

They will definately come down sooner than later...3 months is my bet..after all you can not run a store with out selling.

The price increases due to the australian dollar will contribute to the sales slowdown. The consumer will wait it out till prices start dropping.

And that will cause the slowdown to exarcebate.

...meh, I couldn't be bothered mucking around anymore, so just bit the bullet and ordered one from West Coast. $9,100, delivered and installed first thing Tuesday morning... :wacko: Fortunately, being in the field of work I'm in, I can claim some of this purchase back on my tax... :winky:

If I were you I would ring them back and cancel the order. Tell them you know of people getting them for much less than $9100.

If you're paying anything more than around $8.5k, you're paying too much, because others here have got it for as low as $7999, and that was from a JB hifi store.

Prices vary greatly from retail outlet to retail outlet of the same chain.

You just got to speak to the right person i.e. the sales manager, and not the sales manager's hired help.

Tell them they're dreaming.

I will be very surprised if they don't drop the price at least another $500, so as not to lose the sale they had in the bag.

You can treat the new RRPs with a grain of salt, because myself and others are getting better deals now than before the 'price rises'.

Edited by jimval

Hi All,

Found this on the Just Klapp website - promising great pricing on the night of the launch and it's free to attend!

Just Klapp®, in conjunction with Pioneer, would like to invite you to join us at our Chapel St store for the EXCLUSIVE Victorian launch of the NEW Pioneer PDP-LX509 50” Plasma Panel.

Much industry excitement surrounds the arrival of Pioneers 9th generation Plasma television and you can be among the first to view this fantastic step forward in technology, an opportunity usually reserved for industry professionals and retail staff.

Not only will you be able to be the first to view the Pioneer PDP-LX509 Plasma Panel, you will also be able to interact with the range of Pioneer Blu-ray players and surround sound amplifiers. This exclusive invite also affords you the opportunity to talk with several Pioneer representatives directly, in both Sales and Marketing. These individuals will be available to answer any questions you may have regarding Pioneer products and Pioneer’s head of product planning, Tony Trent, will be here to discuss the facts about:

• Plasma vs LCD – which technology is better ?

• Why Blu-ray is set to replace DVD in the future

• Why Full-HD televisions are the future

We hope you’ll be amongst the first to experience it. Certainly not an opportunity to be missed for those serious about Pioneer and the latest technology along with further advancements.

Peter Familari, Consumer Electronics writer for the Herald-Sun, along with a contingent of other media representatives will also be at the lauch to experience these exciting products for themselves.

The launch itself will be held in our state of the art Premium Home Theatre Room and Just Klapp staff will also be in attendance to answer any questions you may have and provide free advice on many different aspects of today’s audio visual lifestyle. It’s a fantastic opportunity to speak casually, one on one, with one of our audio visual experts

We will have several special offers available only to those that attend on the night and the store will be open to those in attendance, should you wish to purchase. Light refreshments from Perroni will be served for the duration of the evening.

We are strictly limited to offering 100 invites only, so don’t hesitate and secure your position today.

Where: Just Klapp® "For the best in Home Entertainment"

72 Chapel St, Prahran, VIC, 3181

Ph: (03) 9529 5966

When: 04 Feb 2009

Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm (finish time is a guideline only)

Parking: The closest ticketed parking is available behind Paint Spot, (large yellow building) 30-32 Chapel St, Prahran.

If you wish to attend, please RSVP using the submission from below before 29th January 2009. For any additional enquiries, please contact Marc Carne, marc@justklapp.com

Link below:

http://www.justklapp.com/client/Competitio...etitionPage.jsp

Hi All,

Found this on the Just Klapp website - promising great pricing on the night of the launch and it's free to attend!

We will have several special offers available only to those that attend on the night and the store will be open to those in attendance, should you wish to purchase.

Under $5k special pricing? :)

Edited by Spero D.

how did you go with your purchase

Still trying to convince the finance manager to buy one plus looking for someone with stock and 2-4 yrs interest free (Myer only have 12mths), and after watching bluray's on my mates 60" for the last 3 days it's really depressing watching a 42" :(

Myer have it for $8999 with free installation within 20km of Metro stores in their latest catalouge

That is a very good advertised price, considering JB had it ticketed at $11999 on Saturday. I wonder if Myer can match or do better than $7999?

Edited by xclusive_gamer

That is a very good advertised price, considering JB had it ticketed at $11999 on Saturday. I wonder if Myer can match or do better than $7999?

i tried today at hurstville store, said best price was $8500 but could do a little better if i bought extended warranty.....i told him that that tv already had 5 years warranty.....he said thats the best price(8500)

Utterly ridiculous!! Who pay's that much for a TV? I realise yes it's the best you can get, black levels, Pioneer Kuro, blow your load stuff etc but really is it justifable spending an extra $3k over any other 55", 58, 60 inch? I think not. Its not that much better. Some people have more dollar's than sense.

Edited by MrMan

Myer have it for $8999 with free installation within 20km of Metro stores in their latest catalouge

I saw this catalogue tonight too, and thought it was a good starting point. Might put a bit of pressure on some of the other retailers :)

Utterly ridiculous!! Who pay's that much for a TV? I realise yes it's the best you can get, black levels, Pioneer Kuro, blow your load stuff etc but really is it justifable spending an extra $3k over any other 55", 58, 60 inch? I think not. Its not that much better. Some people have more dollar's than sense.

I initially ordered a Pan 58" 850, a terrific set, but then I finally managed to get the lx609 at the price I wanted and went for that instead.

To be honest I thought the same as you, and I also thought that when people on this forum were saying how awesome the picture on the Pioneer was,

maybe owners are just saying that to justify their expensive purchase.

I got my lx609 last weekend, and I can tell you, they weren't.

The picture really is jaw dropping.

I just cannot possibly see how a TV image on a flat panel can get better than this.

FTA HD and Foxtel HD look awesome and even the SD channels look fine.

But then I put my first BluRay (Planet Earth) into the Pio LX71,

and right from the intro of the Sun appearing behind the Earth

the realism was incredible.

You're wrong...

It's way better, and is worth every cent.

The picture really is jaw dropping.

I just cannot possibly see how a TV image on a flat panel can get better than this.

FTA HD and Foxtel HD look awesome and even the SD channels look fine.

But then I put my first BluRay (Planet Earth) into the Pio LX71,

and right from the intro of the Sun appearing behind the Earth

the realism was incredible.

You're wrong...

It's way better, and is worth every cent.

Agree with jimval 1000%.

I've had this panel for about 4 months now ...if you think it looks fantastic now, it actually gets better with run-in.

Cheers,

Jabba. :winky:

Agree with both those comments above. I've just watched Law & Order on TenHD. Even my partner commented on how good the picture is, and she said a couple of times, "that really is black!". Picture quality is just outstanding, so crisp, blacks are truly black, best I have ever seen, I cant wait to finally watch come Blu-Rays on this thing. I cant recommend this panel enough.

You are entitled to your opinion but its a bit rude to rubbish people who value and are prepared to pay for an excellent picture quality. Some people will buy cheap oats even if the horse has had first use of them, I have an LX608 and don't regret the price for one minute cheers alan.

Agree with jimval 1000%.

I've had this panel for about 4 months now ...if you think it looks fantastic now, it actually gets better with run-in.

Cheers,

Jabba. :winky:

I would suggest that professional calibration would also make a difference to picture quality, it did on LX608 panels. I will say that a poor quality source material in sd can look very ordinary on this panel, HD DVD and Blue Ray can bring out a stunning picture. cheers alan

I remember spending the equivalent of $7k for a basic 26” CRT TV with no remote back in the early 1980’s, so I fail to see how $10k for a top quality 60” is excessive.

I suppose you think the people who spend $200k or more on luxury cars are completely insane, obviously they don’t have a problem with it and see the value in their purchase.

If you want what the product offers you pay the price or go without, and if you cant afford the price or a lesser product is acceptable you would obviously be ill advised to buy what you cant afford/appreciate/justify.

Anyone interested in getting the most accurate picture on their expensive TV would be foolish not to pay for a calibration.

Edited by Owen