Sign in to follow this  
ageha

Panasonic's 2009 Plasma Lineup

Where the 58" and 65"?? Panasonic management need their heads read when it comes to timing and production timelines.

The P50X10A is advertised in this months JBHifi catalog for $2046.

Wow, only $500 plus more then the model it replaced, what a bargain. :rolleyes:

Looks like 30% price rises are a reality if that price is indicative. <_<

Edited by Owen

Still new models Owen ;)

Give them 8-12 weeks for the new plasma gas smell to wear off and then we'll start to see some better pricing

Still new models Owen ;)

Give them 8-12 weeks for the new plasma gas smell to wear off and then we'll start to see some better pricing

Also wait a few more weeks for the new Sammy's to launch and we have a ball game.

RRP of the X10 is actually cheaper then the RRP it replaces. :lol:

Comparing initial sale price / release to a runout price of the old model (both street prices) is not fair.

There is a new Panasonic website that showcases their 2009 range.

lcdorplasma.com.au

Looks pretty darn good. I have been waiting patiently for the 800A replacement... now to wait a little longer and see what the price does.

Where the 58" and 65"?? Panasonic management need their heads read when it comes to timing and production timelines.

The absence of information on any neo-pdp bigger than a 54 is a real invitation to purchase a 2009 Samsung plasma 58 or 63.

It’s a fact that the neo-pdps are so much better than the 2008 models. Therefore it does not feel right to buy a 2008. Wall mounting a big screen like this is a big decision, and will probably be a 10 year purchase. When you have better PQ on the 42 and 50 models for a fraction of the 58 price, it is not reasonable to expect the knowledgeable purchaser to step up.

If there was a commercial Panasonic 58 available that could be an option, but the commercial 65 is just too much money.

RRP $13,749 ouch.

If there was a commercial Panasonic 58 available that could be an option, but the commercial 65 is just too much money.

RRP $13,749 ouch.

Ironic how it's called the professional version but Panasonic weren't professional enough to spell-check the spelling of professional :lol:

Back on point, I agree that it would be worth considering if it was cheaper as $13.5k is just too pricey.

Edited by purpleninja

Does it not concern people that all the reviews are stating that the green primary is wrong and can't be properly adjusted to get it correct?Having the picture thrown off by green would scare the sh!t out of buying this for me.I am hell glad i secured an 800a before they dissapeared because the accurate color is what i like best about it.

I am hell glad i secured an 800a before they dissapeared because the accurate color is what i like best about it.

Panasonic plasmas have been well known to push too much red, so the green is a new thing.

Does it not concern people that all the reviews are stating that the green primary is wrong and can't be properly adjusted to get it correct?Having the picture thrown off by green would scare the sh!t out of buying this for me.I am hell glad i secured an 800a before they dissapeared because the accurate color is what i like best about it.

Actually the green and to a lesser extent red primary colours on most displays are over saturated relative to the rec 709 HD colour standards, the 800a is no exception.

Hope this is not a stupid question what happens if two units are close to each other with wireless e.g. unit next door I assume there must be different channels or frequency :unsure:

cheers laurie

You would hope so Laurie.

What I have read and seen so far seems to indicate that Panasonic recommend max distance of 10ft apart between sender and reciever and they should have line-of-sight (hence the reciever pokes out on the bottom LHS of the screen), so hopefully there shouldn't be any crossed signals.

I also assume that like 2.4GHz cordless phones, you would have a couple of channels to pick from.

Hey, I was quoted $2,200 for the 46" 800A from Myer. Is this a good price, or would be it better to wait for the newer models to arrive, and how will prices compare relative to the older models? Cheers.

Hmmm, so if I want anything bigger than 50", I've got to get an S10, and not until October?

It would seem so unless;

1. you buy an older 58" model, or

2. buy another brand like the Samsung

Hey, I was quoted $2,200 for the 46" 800A from Myer. Is this a good price, or would be it better to wait for the newer models to arrive, and how will prices compare relative to the older models? Cheers.

The 46" was available for under $2k around Xmas, but as stocks are limited and it'll be a few months before the new 46" arrives, it's not a bad deal...especially if they have it in stock!

I think its a pretty good price. :D

After New Year teles seem to be slightly higher than before Chrissie.I ordered mine on Jan 3 for $2,199.00 and that was easily the cheapest i could get it in my area after some negotiating.

Just got it delivered yesterday so if you like it i say grab it before it disappears.

Edited by Karma

The absence of information on any neo-pdp bigger than a 54 is a real invitation to purchase a 2009 Samsung plasma 58 or 63.

It’s a fact that the neo-pdps are so much better than the 2008 models. Therefore it does not feel right to buy a 2008. Wall mounting a big screen like this is a big decision, and will probably be a 10 year purchase. When you have better PQ on the 42 and 50 models for a fraction of the 58 price, it is not reasonable to expect the knowledgeable purchaser to step up.

RRP $13,749 ouch.

That rrp is for their special pro panel. I've had a quote of $10,400 for it.

The standard commercial 58" is around $4,500 and the 65" around $6,700

Alas $10,400 is still too much.

Those cheaper ones have lower specs than the announced consumer neo-pdps. They have less than 400000:1 contrast.

Is there another consumer 65" apart from this one as it's $11,999 on the Panasonic site?

http://panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?objectID=4754

I'm wondering where you got the $6,700 figure from.

All Panasonics Plasmas have contrast ratios MUCH lower then 40,000:1, in fact ALL manufactures quoted CR numbers are rubbish and wildly optimistic.

Panasonic quoted 30,000:1 for the outgoing models when they where more like 6000:1 or less in reality. The best of the upcoming models like the TH-65VX100W might achieve 15,000:1 if we are lucky.