Sign in to follow this  
ageha

Panasonic's 2009 Plasma Lineup

Posting a question like that in a Panasonic thread, you're only gonna get one answer :winky:

Where I live the 850u series 58" ers are still not on display although you can order them. How long before these big panels are available - 2010?

Early comparison pics.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....52#post15552452

Then take a look at post #457 on that page to show comparable picture with 69% power savings.

Hi

Good find,i just never seem to find the time to plough thru all the AVS info but its a great site,this is a good post from a wag.

Quote:"Forget the eco crap! Can I get one that uses 2x the power, has lead components, pcbs in the capacitors, comes in a wooden crate made out of a freshly chopped down rain forest tree(preferably slow growing hardwood) and was assembled by children working 18 hour shifts. This pc stuff is about to make my head explode".

Where I live the 850u series 58" ers are still not on display although you can order them. How long before these big panels are available - 2010?

I would guess the new 58 will be available around Oct-Nov 2008. We should a better idea on that when Panasonic Australia announce the local 2009 models, probably in May.

Retailers currently tend to focus on the smaller units such as the 42 and 50inch models, where the volume currently is. Once these new big ones hit, (which based on history, and Panasonic’s reduced production costs should be a fair bit cheaper) I expect to see retailers to have more screens greater than 50inches on the floor. One reason the old 700 series 58inch models are is still in showrooms is that the salesmen have not discounted them enough to sell to knowledgeable purchasers. (cynically I suspect they are waiting for a sucker to pay too much!) And you need to sell the 700s to make room to display an 800.

I want to know if the Aussie models will have any advanced colour tuning options as the current 800a does not allow you to tune the colour. Even the series 4 Samsung plasma has advanced tuning options!!!

Edited by torana355

Good video of details of each series of 2009 range.

http://uk.cinenow.com/videos/2012-panasoni...cd-screens-2009

Rumoured U.S. rrp pricing,

Z-series:

TC-P54Z1 = $4999

V-series:

TC-P65V10 = $5999

TC-P58V10 = $3499

TC-P54V10 = $2399

TC-P50V10 = $1999

G-series:

TC-P54G10 = $2199

TC-P50G10 = $1799

TC-P46G10 = $1499

TC-P42G10 = $1299

S-Series:

TC-P65S10 = $4999

TC-P58S10 = $2499

TC-P54S10 = $1999

TC-P50S10 = $1699

TC-P46S10 = $1399

TC-P42S10 = $1199

X-Series:

TC-P50X10 = $1199

TC-P42X10 = $999

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=15527789#post15527789

Our AU$ will probably be US$0.55 by then. :(

Edited by Geforce

which of the new models is the new one comparable with 42inch pz800a? on the same level

My guess would be;

Z Series - new model

V Series - equivalent to the current PZ850 range

G Series - equivalent to the current PZ800 range

S Series - equivalent to the current PZ80 range

X Series - equivalent to the current PX80 range

Any chance that the TC-P54V10 will hit our shores at an RRP of $3500 or less? This is the model that has my interest.

I wouldn't think so. The current 50" PZ850 has an RRP of $3899 and the 58" $7699, so a screen that is in between these in size I would have thought would be RRP of somewhere ~$5k

No gos that I have seen fawlty, but I wonder if Foxtel will allow this kind of feature (Tru2way) for our market???

It's available now in the current series in the US, so I assume it'll also be available on some of the Neo range.

This revolutionary HDTV lets you enjoy full digital cable services without the cost and clutter of an external cable receiver box!**

Tru2way™technology lets you eliminate the cable box **

Tru2way is a new technology being introduced by major cable service operators. This same technology is built-in to the VIERA PZ80Q Series of HDTVs -- allowing you to receive full interactive programming from your tru2way-enabled local cable company without having to rent a traditional cable receiver box. This means no more monthly box rental fees, no need for two separate remote controls, and less extra equipment to clutter your home theater setup. Also, if you move to another tru2way-enabled area, you'll be able to use your TV with no equipment changes required.

** Cable service subscription still required. Not all cable systems are compatible with this feature. Please check with your cable provider to confirm availability of service.

Given that I still can't get hold of a 58 850 locally I'm inclined to wait for the new range - provided it's not another 12 months away.

Given that I still can't get hold of a 58 850 locally I'm inclined to wait for the new range - provided it's not another 12 months away.

You have to figure it will be at least 6 months wait (I expect longer) as we are pretty unlikely to be faster than the USA, and the 58s don't arrive there till June and August depending on the model.

See story at hdguru.com

Given the timing of the last two 58" were around October, I'd say we would see the new ones after August

I just got an e-mail back from Big Brown Box about the Panasonic PZ800 series - they contacted Panasonic to find out an ETA, and their response was that all three - the 42PZ800, 46PZ800 and 50PZ800 are all end of life models.

I wonder if this means the new Panasonic Plasmas are imminent, or they're just keeping the PZ80's (which seem to be more readily available) as the current plasmas for the time being.

I just got an e-mail back from Big Brown Box about the Panasonic PZ800 series - they contacted Panasonic to find out an ETA, and their response was that all three - the 42PZ800, 46PZ800 and 50PZ800 are all end of life models.

I wonder if this means the new Panasonic Plasmas are imminent, or they're just keeping the PZ80's (which seem to be more readily available) as the current plasmas for the time being.

Hi

Yep,new models are on the way but nobody in Oz(except the Suits in Osaka) know when. Possibly April/May, definitly mid Year would be a safe bet.

Edited by Basil

My MIL picked up a 42PZ800 today after I was trying to get her to wait until the new models came out, but she didn't wanna ^_^

So the new X1 range is due anyday to replace the PX80. Then, I'm guessing, S1 range to replace the PZ80's which are probably still gonna be around until end of BD promo (April). Then G10 and maybe V10 (roughly replaces PZ800/850) by lets say Jul/Aug and Z1 Sep/Oct.

Any other predictions from sources closer to the truth?

Of course, prices will probably be stupidly high for 6 months and no promo's likely either?

Edited by Bertzz

I'd say you are right a promo is unlikely when they launch, and you get less retailer discounting.

As for pricing is worth taking a look at what is going on stateside. According to this post on AVS, the MSRP (US equivalent of RRP) on the 2009 models is between 7% and 21% lower than the 2008 versions.

The largest thing that will influence Panasonic’s prices here is what Sony, LG & Samsung do with their prices. They have to compete, so they can’t keep them too high, or most people will go with those, er.. other brands.

Of course, prices will probably be stupidly high for 6 months and no promo's likely either?

If past experience is anything to go by, RRP and street price seem to have a big difference ~3months in, with RRP dropping about 6 months in.