Panasonic's 2009 Plasma Lineup

FMD!! you are going to need a computer to sort out the model lineup wish they keep it simple a lot of people are going to get confused what model has what and it seems one or two will have HD tuners

cheers laurie

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FMD!! you are going to need a computer to sort out the model lineup wish they keep it simple a lot of people are going to get confused what model has what and it seems one or two will have HD tuners

cheers laurie

Laurie, I'd expect they will all have HD tuners. The current models have.

As for the model line up, it's no different to the current range: PX8A, PX80A, PZ80A, PZ800A, PZ850A. I assume for most people it'll be about size and price and not so much features as there's not a lot to separate them.

X1 replaces PX80

S1 replaces PZ80

G1- replaces the PZ85

V10 replaces the PZ800/850

Z1 new

Only V10 and Z1 do native 24p.

The improvements over the previous models dont seem to be outstanding - better CR, Anti-reflective filter and the 600hz sub-field drives.

US prices as indicated on Hdguru.com seem quite reasonable - but then again the GFC is biting.

Edited by Bertzz

Longshot but anyone as to guess how many 58PZ850's are on back order and all waiting for the April 'shipment' to make everyones dream come true?

I have paid for one in full and really would love for it to be on the April ship but if I had to wait for the Z1 58" what's your guess for a RRP?

cheers laurie

All models will have HD tuners of course.

Guest HDTV Reviews

Panasonic's 2009 line up HDTVs include Panasonic VIERA range from LCD models over a range of different sizes. Even more on the plasma side with five new ranges, the Panasonic Z1 Series, V10 Series, G10 Series, S1 Series and the X1 Series.

any idea of the price for a 50"?

:blink:

Nobody knows for sure so its just guesstimating but they should be similar to the current series. Only thing for sure is Panny.(and Sony) usually go in higher than what they think the market will pay to cream off the punters that must have new models then reduce the wholesale and/or the RRP a few Months later so their re-sellers can discount.

Edited by Basil

Nobody knows for sure so its just guesstimating but they should be similar to the current series. Only thing for sure is Panny.(and Sony) usually go in higher than what they think the market will pay to cream off the punters that must have new models then reduce the wholesale and/or the RRP a few Months later so their re-sellers can discount.

It is about $2400-$2500 or P50X10A. Is this model much better than the TH50PX80A?

Is it worth the wait or should I just get TH42PZ80A? (50" no stock).

Thanks for advise.

Thanks by the way for all the links. Very useful & interesting.

It is about $2400-$2500 or P50X10A. Is this model much better than the TH50PX80A?

Thanks for advise.

Thanks by the way for all the links. Very useful & interesting.

Thanks,i personally would wait at least until the US models are released and then see what the reviews and Forumites have to say but at the end of the day its a decision you have to make yourself. The only thing i would have to say is get the 50", even in a small room its amazing how quick you adjust to the 42".

Based on the reports from CES and the Pioneer Kuro technology I'd say the new panels will be a lot more sexier, thinner and have very nice blacks bordering on perfect. The current HD panels really do produce a great picture so its hard to imagine the picture quality improving by a great margin.

If prices stayed the same with the new panels it would be amazing, I think Panasonic Australia will use the refresh as a chance to re-establish price points, giving the street prices are generally a lot lower than the RRP.

Personally I am going to buy a current panel as I know how good the picture quality is and I am happy with the price and Blu Ray promo. Someone who already has a flat panel I'd suggest waiting for the new models as they will be good enough and advanced enough to warrant upgrading.

Do you reckon they would ship the new models in the same shipment as the next batch of PZ800/850's, then just warehouse them for a few weeks before releasing them?

AFAIK there shipped via air freight so there continually being landed but when the new models start is anyones guess .

Edited by Basil

I would suggest as did Hdguru.com that the improvements are small and incremental rather than genarational. Street price should be about $1800 imho (similar to current PX80). I would suggest that the current 50PZ80 would be a better choice due to it being 1080p and the promo free player. Stock may be tight but I am sure they ar still available. As was said before, dont get a 42 even in a small room, as you will regret it later.

P50X10 is expected anytime now, probably with or very close to the the PZ800 shipment, maybe even sooner. The rest of the range will be a while but surely all landed by mid-year.

Edited by Bertzz

AFAIK there shipped via air freight so there continually being landed but when the new models start is anyones guess .

By Air Freight? Really!

That sounds expensive. I would have thought they would be shipped by containers in boats

By Air Freight? Really!

That sounds expensive. I would have thought they would be shipped by containers in boats

Yeah Mick, i thought container but previous models were definitely Air Cargo,not sure how many they fit on but they used to have a security guard to supervise customs and unloading. I'm a couple of Years out of date so maybe a Airport or Panny worker can confirm if this still is the case.

I would suggest as did Hdguru.com that the improvements are small and incremental rather than genarational. Street price should be about $1800 imho (similar to current PX80). I would suggest that the current 50PZ80 would be a better choice due to it being 1080p and the promo free player. Stock may be tight but I am sure they ar still available. As was said before, dont get a 42 even in a small room, as you will regret it later.

P50X10 is expected anytime now, probably with or very close to the the PZ800 shipment, maybe even sooner. The rest of the range will be a while but surely all landed by mid-year.

Hi!

I spoke to the Manager of a local major franchise retailer. He said they are telling customers the 'X' series are due second week of April but they are actually coming end of this month. I am very tempted to get the TH42PZ80A due to the Blue ray promo but then again I am not likely to use the player as I hardly ever use my current DVD player besides like every one suggested I sh really get the 50". Thanks to you guys I think I will wait for the new model & get the 50.

Hi!

I spoke to the Manager of a local major franchise retailer. He said they are telling customers the 'X' series are due second week of April but they are actually coming end of this month. I am very tempted to get the TH42PZ80A due to the Blue ray promo but then again I am not likely to use the player as I hardly ever use my current DVD player besides like every one suggested I sh really get the 50". Thanks to you guys I think I will wait for the new model & get the 50.

Hi!

Anybody got any review / pricing for 2009 Panasonic P50X10A?

Thanks for any info.

• 3 weeks later...

There's some excellent info over at AVS on the new G10 and discussion about the comparison to the S1 and other models. Some screen shots as well.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....8052&page=1

Those yanks get some unbelievably good prices on their panels! Check out the prices at http://clevelandplasma.com - if only we werent so ripped off here!

Yeah Mick, i thought container but previous models were definitely Air Cargo,not sure how many they fit on but they used to have a security guard to supervise customs and unloading. I'm a couple of Years out of date so maybe a Airport or Panny worker can confirm if this still is the case.

I was told by Retravision tha they come by boat - but who knows if they really knew ?

If people haven't come across it yet.. US Review of P50S1, which looks to be the replacement for the PZ80 here..

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/pan...ag=nefdprod.rev

Product link: http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electro...000000000005702

It also seems to have done away with the VGA connection if ours turns out to be same specs :huh: Which will mean you will need either straight HDMI or DVI->HDMI adapter if you are using a HTPC for playback. I have an old Xbox 360 which only has VGA has it's best output, so would have to upgrade :huh:

The inability to adjust individual colour output would be a concern to me.. if you don't like the chosen colour-balance, stiff it seems (unless it's accessible via a factory menu?).

Edited by predator666

Z Series - new model

V Series - equivalent to the current PZ850 range

G Series - equivalent to the current PZ800 range

S Series - equivalent to the current PZ80 range

X Series - equivalent to the current PX80 range

If your friend can wait another couple of months they should be cheaper than at launch (history has proved this). I think the reduction in power usage doesn't extend to the X series only the ones above it