Sign in to follow this  
Shaw

Hdmi

I have;

Denon AVR-3805 (pre HDMI) that does everything else I need it to, except HDMI switching

LG LCD TV (takes HDMI) - behind motorised screen

Sony VPL-HW10 1080p Projector - new addition that takes HDMI

Xbox 360 (HDMI capable, but AFAIK, Audio in only through optical)

Wii (component and analog audio only)

Future PS3 for Blu-ray

Looking at the price of the AVR-3808 and 4308 is making me sick! So I would consider the Sony Receivers (5400ES most likely as it has dual HDMI output).

BUT! If I can possibly get away from it, I would prefer to keep my current setup and use some sort of HDMI switcher. The problems are;

1 - Is there a switcher that will do 4 HDMI IN 2 OUT ?

2 - One that is highly reliable and accepts Infra Red signal

Is it worth trying to cheap out? Or should I just get a new receiver that will handle up and down conversion making life much easier?

I have;

Denon AVR-3805 (pre HDMI) that does everything else I need it to, except HDMI switching

Future PS3 for Blu-ray

Looking at the price of the AVR-3808 and 4308 is making me sick! So I would consider the Sony Receivers (5400ES most likely as it has dual HDMI output).

BUT! If I can possibly get away from it, I would prefer to keep my current setup and use some sort of HDMI switcher. The problems are;

Is it worth trying to cheap out? Or should I just get a new receiver that will handle up and down conversion making life much easier?

Here you go, Kazz had one for sale recently......

Edited by tb123

I have;

Future PS3 for Blu-ray

If you are into gaming then PS3 is a good choice for BR playback. Otherwise you can keep your existing system by buying a BR player like Sony BDP550 or Panasonic's 55 both will decode the new surround sound tracks on BR disc and send to your Denon using multichannel RCA connections. Kazz's HDMI switch will be fine for distributing HDMI signals to two different display device. I am using the one from Foxy which is similar to Kordz switch.