Sign in to follow this  
Varun

Bdp-s5000es Owners Thread

Got it today around 40 minutes back!

The guy who sold it to me at Sony Centre, George St, Sydney CBD ( Jonathan ) personally delivered it at home!!

Very nice and knowledgeable guy!

Will be viewing a few movies and reviewing the same over the weekend!

Cheers,

Varun

In a box

Front

Back

EDIT: Added links of front and back

Edited by Varun

The guy who sold it to me at Sony Centre, George St, Sydney CBD ( Jonathan ) personally delivered it at home!!

Cheers,

Varun

In a box

Front

Back

EDIT: Added links of front and back

Varun Could you please confirm as to where the 5000es in made? i noticed on the pic of the rear of the unit its edited out....i am hoping they are still made in japan..

Varun Could you please confirm as to where the 5000es in made? i noticed on the pic of the rear of the unit its edited out....i am hoping they are still made in japan..

I will check today and post.

The picture quality seems to be quite good to my untrained eyes- but then, for me PS3 also has excellent PQ.

I think the main differrence in PQ would be visible in Bigger Screens,

I have the Sony Bravia KDL-46X3100.

Construction seems to be elegant but not very impressive. Currently, I am using it on my current 5.1 Sony HT for sound and it is quite impressive.

I am sure with STRDA5400ES, the sound would be even better. I still have to connect that, which I intend to do over the weekend.

For sound, I have to buy speakers before I can fully make use of the STRDA5400ES.

Cheers,

Varun

Edited by Varun

Yes, they are still made in Japan. And I had just blanked out the serial number for obvious reasons:P

Cheers,

Varun

Edited by Varun

Cheers,

Varun

Nice buy Varun. How is the disc loading time on this model? I've got the BDP-S500, wondering how it compares with regard to that operation?

I've run across Jonathon too, very helpful - that's good service. I just wish Sony Centre would cleanup/update their projection room.

Congratulations fellow owners. I haven't opened mine as yet as I just got home now but will report soon enough. All I can say is the box is fairly heavy! The guy from Sony Central Melbourne said I was the first to pick it up but he's delivering a couple next week.

Will take some pictures as time permits and report on PQ on the Sony 46" Bravia LCD.

Blade

Congratulations fellow owners. I haven't opened mine as yet as I just got home now but will report soon enough. All I can say is the box is fairly heavy! The guy from Sony Central Melbourne said I was the first to pick it up but he's delivering a couple next week.

Will take some pictures as time permits and report on PQ on the Sony 46" Bravia LCD.

Blade

Picking my 2 units up Monday...Cant wait!!!!!!

got mine earlier as well. woohoo !

just got home.

bit of a sweltering one in melb today so will be cracking open a beer before opening the box hehehe

got mine earlier as well. woohoo !

just got home.

bit of a sweltering one in melb today so will be cracking open a beer before opening the box hehehe

I had a steak & chips and a VB for dinner :)

Now how Aussie can you possibly get?

Opened it up - wow it's really quite nice. Excellent build quality which is what I expected. Will take some pictures later as I'm going up to visit my dear Mum.

Cheers

Blade

had a steak & chips and a VB for dinner

I thought you had/just had gastro? I guess if you didn't you will now :lol:

Edited by SimonNo10