Panasonic Promotion

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt it also say the free xbox is only if you pay stickered price? Anyone know if they stick to this or not?

I'm not exactly sure on that, but i do remember when i was looking previously for a plasma from Dick Smith when they had the "free" Tom tom sat nav and the belkin surge protector they weren't very keen at all to negotiate much off the stickered price. The only way they were really prepared to was if i didn't take the sat nav and the surge protector.

I could be wrong but i don't think there'll be a great deal of room for negotiating on the stickered price when you take the xbox as well. Maybe a little if that, but not much.

Yeah I had a talk to someone from Dick and they said he wont move much on the ticket price if u want the xbox.

That's what I got told to. Either pay $2888 for the 50PZ800 and get the XBox or he could do it sans XBox for $2600 - of course you get the Wii in either case.

Has anyone noticed in todays Courier Mail there are 3 ads for this promotion page after page. First is Myer with the 800a at $2799, videopro at $2795, then JB at $2499. However the JB ad states 2 HMDI rather than 3. Is this a 50pz80a, and has anyone had any experience with how these compare to the 800a?

Yep it is the 50pz80a as the same JB ad was in yesterdays Herald Sun down here as well. Not sure how it stacks up against the 800a, though for the relatively small price difference between the 2 i'd go the 800a seeing as i haven't really seen a bad word about it and i don't have a bad word about it.

Yep it is the 50pz80a

Correct!.

Not sure how it stacks up against the 800a, though for the relatively small price difference between the 2 i'd go the 800a seeing as i haven't really seen a bad word about it and i don't have a bad word about it.

Talkin' to sales at jb today he explained that basically the only difference in the 80 as opposed to the 800 is the

cosmetically different case, the screen,electronics etc are identical, so a matter of visual preferance, both made

in the same factory "china" as opposed to the 850 which is made in japan, as is reflected in the price difference.

Hn at watergardens has the pz80a at $2397.

Talkin' to sales at jb today he explained that basically the only difference in the 80 as opposed to the 800 is the

cosmetically different case, the screen,electronics etc are identical, so a matter of visual preferance, both made

in the same factory "china" as opposed to the 850 which is made in japan, as is reflected in the price difference.

and the 80 is missing 1 HDMI port and does not have IFC (which most people turn off anyway)

Besides the extra hdmi slot and the IFC, i'd still pay the bit extra on the 800A because i find it much more aesthetically pleasing than the 80. I know that might not be overly important to some people and even others will find the 80 a better looking set but for mine the little extra is well worth it.

Besides the extra hdmi slot and the IFC, i'd still pay the bit extra on the 800A because i find it much more aesthetically pleasing than the 80. I know that might not be overly important to some people and even others will find the 80 a better looking set but for mine the little extra is well worth it.

My better half prefers the look of the 80 ... I like them both!

She's not willing to put in 51% of the moneys, though... :P

Someone stated on the Whirlpool forums that Panasonic won't have the Wii in stock until February.

on the panasonic forms and the cards in store, it states they wont be sending them out till after february 1.

One of 2 things going on here, either nintendo dont have enough stock at the moment, and have contrcated to supply only in february, OR panasonic dont want to create the expectation that people who buy a plasma will get the wii before xmas and thus have a crissy present for their kids - ie a road to disapointed angry customers, and will send them out earlier anyway.

on the panasonic forms and the cards in store, it states they wont be sending them out till after february 1.

One of 2 things going on here, either nintendo dont have enough stock at the moment, and have contrcated to supply only in february, OR panasonic dont want to create the expectation that people who buy a plasma will get the wii before xmas and thus have a crissy present for their kids - ie a road to disapointed angry customers, and will send them out earlier anyway.

Just bought 50PZ800A for $2689, plus $429 for full warranty (5yr fully covered), plus delivery and surge protection board - Total $3200 on 12 month deferred payment GE interest free. GG's Essendon.

I went to HN(3200-12mnths int free but not deferred,Ticketed price $3299-dreaming..), JB(ticket price 2643, with extras could do for $3250 not deferred), DSE ($2888 ticket price, 12 mnths int free-no deferred, free xbox arcade, total $3150). DSE had a notice up saying that X-box only was valid at ticket price also!

If I had of payed cash could have gotten them all down a fair bit I think, but having deferred payments means when I get my tax return next year, just pay it off in one hit..

With the Nintendo Wii, salesman said that if I enter the claim on the website and then send the receipt off express post tomorrow, good chance I'll get it b4 Christmas. They send you a tracking number straight away and the earlier you claim the earlier you receive...

He said Sony when they had their PS3 giveaway had a delay in sending them out but Panasonic were doing it as per above...

Now just waiting for delivery this arvo - same day delivery for $40 isn't bad!

Cheers