Resistance 2.

I got is yesterday night, Ive only played it for 2 hours, but its really good.

locpender: it is much more like halo than the first resistance.

Resistance 1 tried to be very realistic and conservative, but resistance 2 goes all out.

The enemies are way more sci-fi, theres a better team atmosphere and the levels are very varied

Massive ships float above you and huge battles go on.

Also, you swap weapons sort of like in Halo (although i havent played halo much)

All in all its a great game so far, much more fun, I think, than the first.

EDIT: got it for $88 at bigW

Edited by P.Archer

Yeah the games good. Bought it on Friday finished it 2day. Its harder than part 1 I think. However i liked part 1 storyline better.

Took me 8.5 hours to finish on normal, now playing on hard.

However, I felt it was easier than resistance 1. Maybe because last time i played #1 I was finishing superhuman.

Number 2s storyline is more outrageous and mythical than #1, which was more mysterious.

Dont know if i like the cliffhanger/twist ending though, so much is left unanswered.

Can someone help me out?

I only just started co-op (offline, i dont have broadband) and im finding it incredibly boring and hard.

Its not because me or player 2 suck (i completed the campaign on normal (8h 36m) and difficult (8h 36m also))

After realising the campaign difficulty also affects the co-op difficulty (had it on superhuman: all chimera have bullseye mk2) i changed it to casual, but it was only a tiny bit easier.

Chosing a medic and soldier leaves the soldier out of ammo and defenceless

Soldier and Special ops leaves you vunerable if you take damage

and special ops and medic is ok until enemies come at you.

Co-op is meant to be played with at least 3 people (hence 3 classes) so why did the developers put in 2player co-op.

I mean its good that they put it in there, better than nothing, but i would have thought they would subsequently make it a bit easier, seeing as youre down on numbers.

Can someone give advice or tell me how they do it.

Currently the only way that works is choosing any classes, but have one person always stay way behind, out of the way while the other does all the work.

This way there is less chance that both people will die at the same time and fail.

Its slow, boring and not co-operative but its the only way that works for me.

Help please

Can someone help me out?

I only just started co-op (offline, i dont have broadband) and im finding it incredibly boring and hard.

Its not because me or player 2 suck (i completed the campaign on normal (8h 36m) and difficult (8h 36m also))

After realising the campaign difficulty also affects the co-op difficulty (had it on superhuman: all chimera have bullseye mk2) i changed it to casual, but it was only a tiny bit easier.

Chosing a medic and soldier leaves the soldier out of ammo and defenceless

Soldier and Special ops leaves you vunerable if you take damage

and special ops and medic is ok until enemies come at you.

Co-op is meant to be played with at least 3 people (hence 3 classes) so why did the developers put in 2player co-op.

I mean its good that they put it in there, better than nothing, but i would have thought they would subsequently make it a bit easier, seeing as youre down on numbers.

Can someone give advice or tell me how they do it.

Currently the only way that works is choosing any classes, but have one person always stay way behind, out of the way while the other does all the work.

This way there is less chance that both people will die at the same time and fail.

Its slow, boring and not co-operative but its the only way that works for me.

Help please

I think 2 players wouldnt be nearly as fun or as functional as you said mate. It doesnt really work unfortunately. Its sucks you dont have broadband, I was online last night with 4 and then 8 players co-op and with a mixture of classes it works really well. Im Yet to play multiplayer competitive but imagine with 60 players its going to be nuts! No chance on getting hooked up to the net?

I got Resistance 2. What I think of it is its an ok game as far as campaign goes, much improved from the first Resistance. However, its pretty much just as linear as any shooter out there. Improvements consist of graphics, more challenging enemies, more character development, more fast paced and just about any other thing.

The real fun is the Online Multiplayer! Its amazing, lets just go with the Competitive itself, that single element is good enough to earn a purchase from any Resistance 1 fan or may it be any shooter fan.

I personally haven't beaten the game yet, pretty much looking forward to more online before any more campaign. But in the end, this game is a really good shooter and is worth the buy. Go to Big W ands its around $80. :D

I think 2 players wouldnt be nearly as fun or as functional as you said mate. It doesnt really work unfortunately. Its sucks you dont have broadband, I was online last night with 4 and then 8 players co-op and with a mixture of classes it works really well. Im Yet to play multiplayer competitive but imagine with 60 players its going to be nuts! No chance on getting hooked up to the net?

The only reason i dont have broadband is cause of my location.

Can only get wireless with a usb modem, which i dont think can hook up via ethernet to the ps3 very easily (if at all)

In co-op im up to Orick (location 2) and ive only done 6 out of 61 missions.